Sponsored

Anyone install OEM lighted vanity visors with HomeLink ('21 F-150s)?

creamyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost
Occupation
Ret Army
What i've found so far. Not sure if all correct for 21. I figured 2020 should work on 2021s.

Wire Assembly - Ford (EU2Z-14S411-TA)x2
Sun Visor - Driver's Side (LH) - Ford (JL3Z-1504105-TC)

with garage opener/no sunroof/illumintated vanity mirror
Sun Visor - Driver's Side (LH) - Ford (JL3Z-1504105-SC)
without garage opener/no sunroof/illuminated vanity mirror
(sun Visor - Passenger Side (RH) - Ford (JL3Z-1504104-RC)
Sponsored

Attachments

dwade62

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 5.0 Supercrew, 302A High, Carbonized gray
My XLT visors have the basic unlit mirrors.

Would there be a power source in my headliner to add the visor with the lighted mirrors and Homelink?

creamyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost
Occupation
Ret Army
Well i decided to get homelink in my rearview mirror and i'm going to get illuminated mirror visors without homelink(still waiting to purchase these). They seem to be about half the price of homelink visors. Here is a picture of my gentex homelink v5 rearview installed with blue backlit.

Ford F-150 Anyone install OEM lighted vanity visors with HomeLink ('21 F-150s)? IMG_3402.JPG

Ford F-150 Anyone install OEM lighted vanity visors with HomeLink ('21 F-150s)? IMG_3401.JPG

volvofan94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5L EcoBoost
I have. Easy enough. The connector is available and it’s just power and ground you can grab from the console.
Make sure you get the no sunroof option or sunroof option version they are different. Also colors. There is a grey/black and tan I believe.
Works great.
I’ll look up the pigtail part number if you need it
@Jesse-Infotainment, thank you for posting this. I'm considering swapping both sun visors in my XLT for the illuminated ones from a Lariat 502a. By console, you're referring to the console mounted in the headliner where the front seat map lights are, correct?

Also, which wire color do you tap for power?

Thank you!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment, thank you for posting this. I'm considering swapping both sun visors in my XLT for the illuminated ones from a Lariat 502a. By console, you're referring to the console mounted in the headliner where the front seat map lights are, correct?

Also, which wire color do you tap for power?

Thank you!
Yes, overhead console.

You can grab the wire in Pin one. It depends on if you want constant power or Ignition. THis circuit is controlled by the battery saver relay so it will go inactive after truck goes to sleep.

Attachments

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Is there ay chance that the power connector for the Homelink is up in the head liner tucked away along with the power for the mirror lighting? Would they make different wiring harness for each trim level?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Is there ay chance that the power connector for the Homelink is up in the head liner tucked away along with the power for the mirror lighting? Would they make different wiring harness for each trim level?
yes i bet the odds are the harness is not there, they cut every extra so far to save dollars.
my 21 super duty had cup ambient lighting and under hood light
my 22 150 has neither , but it does have the under hood blanket, whereas the super duty did not

volvofan94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5L EcoBoost
On my XLT 302A the wiring for the Homelink and lighted vanity sun visors wasn't there - had to install the wiring myself. After a month of using the new setup I'm very happy with the upgrade.

rstchristo1

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 302A
Yes, overhead console.

You can grab the wire in Pin one. It depends on if you want constant power or Ignition. THis circuit is controlled by the battery saver relay so it will go inactive after truck goes to sleep.
@Jesse-Infotainment Did you splice into the wire from pin 1 with a wire tap, or did you make up a harness for PnP?

Sponsored

tilefordude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt 302 high 3.5 eco
Occupation
Tile Setter
Just did this mod, very simple. Any questions feel free to ask. Biggest issue was the visors were on backorder for a few months

tilefordude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt 302 high 3.5 eco
Occupation
Tile Setter
What was required for the install?
i can send you my parts list

my interior is black and so were my visors

JL3Z-1504104-SLSun-Visor
JL3Z-1504105-ZCVisor Assembly - Sun
WPT-1412Wire Assembly

i purchased this wire

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB3N8HSX?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

i removed my sunroof controller and i removed the old visors. i fished a wire to both sunroofs and i then fished them into the area where the sunroof control is. I fished a wire from that area to the right side and down the a pillar of my truck and into the fuse box. I used a 5 amp fuse and i piggybacked fuse 38 i think. I would have to check. I soldered the connectors onto the wire i used making sure the ground lined up with the ground on the visor. You'll need to peel some of the tape off the visor wire to see which one is which. Mod took me about 3 hours to do. Pretty simple if your handy
Sponsored