Sponsored

Hear me out, but Console to Column shifter?

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Now that the Super Duties interior matches that of the F150 I’m wondering if the swap may yet be possible.

@Jesse-Infotainment you said if swapped I’d lose the electric and memory steering column. Do you think the F250s could be fit into the F150? I just watched a video about the pro trailer back up assist and swore it was a KR 150 with the column shifter but it’s a Super Duty.

I would absolutely love to have the column shifter opposed to the center console
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Now that the Super Duties interior matches that of the F150 I’m wondering if the swap may yet be possible.

@Jesse-Infotainment you said if swapped I’d lose the electric and memory steering column. Do you think the F250s could be fit into the F150? I just watched a video about the pro trailer back up assist and swore it was a KR 150 with the column shifter but it’s a Super Duty.

I would absolutely love to have the column shifter opposed to the center console
Yeah.. I have a 23 SuperDUty.. Ive started woring on. THe column is the same BUT the shifter is not.

The SuperDuty uses a Cable shifter not electronic. You cant use the Super Duty Shifter in the F150

So I would have to see if the mounting points match up with the electric F150 shifter.

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yeah.. I have a 23 SuperDUty.. Ive started woring on. THe column is the same BUT the shifter is not.

The SuperDuty uses a Cable shifter not electronic. You cant use the Super Duty Shifter in the F150

So I would have to see if the mounting points match up with the electric F150 shifter.
Let me know if I can be of any help in making it work or in research. My naive thought process is the 23 F250 column but an F150 shifter. I would love the column shifter to free up all that space in the console.

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
I don’t get why we can’t get a console shifter , just shortened up like the Benz or Tesla etc. the 4 cup hold idea from SD is awesome.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Throwing my hat in the ring here for interest in swapping from the console shifter to the column shifter in my 501A lariat. I, like many of you, just feel that’s where the shifter is supposed to be.

I reach for a non existent column shift ever since getting the truck a couple weeks ago. My other car has it on the column (Tesla) and it’s definitely the preferred location for me.

Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I would love a knob like the Dodge Ram. I rented one, saw that, and was immediately sold.

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Throwing my hat in the ring here for interest in swapping from the console shifter to the column shifter in my 501A lariat. I, like many of you, just feel that’s where the shifter is supposed to be.

I reach for a non existent column shift ever since getting the truck a couple weeks ago. My other car has it on the column (Tesla) and it’s definitely the preferred location for me.
Do you have the electric adjusting steering column and memory feature?

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I do not. Power seats but manual steering column. I think power/memory steering comes with 502A only
Then you can do the modification. It’s possible with what’s already out there.

Sponsored

troy12n

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 SCRW 5.0
I honestly have no idea why anyone wouldn’t want a bench seat in a truck, even a crew cab. Even with a manual transmission, you could always fit three or four people in the front of a regular cab. The console shifter takes up way more room than it justifies. It’s even more ridiculous in the Lightning; where they could have easily given a center seat as much legroom as the driver and front passenger. It’s totally annoying when you have a short distance to drive and need to take two vehicles to a place with shitty parking because you can’t fit that one extra person.
I specifically ordered my truck with the 40/20/40 seat option and no console because of this, and other reasons. You can get this on any truck up through XLT 302A. Lariat and above, you have to get the console as of 2023. In 2022 you could still get the 40/20/40 seat on a Lariat 500A, but they discontiued that package in 2023. 501A and higher at least with the 2021+ trucks you could not get the 40/20/40 in a 501A or 502A.

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I wish one of the crafty guys would adapt the expedition knob to the trucks. I hate the clunky shifter but don't necessarily care for it on the column as well.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Tremor, Bronco Raptor
Any word on the Super Duty column? I am not enjoying the console shift it is a great hand rest but is just in the way and takes up functional space otherwise. Been driving an F-250 King Ranch lately and much prefer being able to contain my water bottle (too big for cup holders) that otherwise always has to roll around on the passenger seat.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Tremor, Bronco Raptor
I wish one of the crafty guys would adapt the expedition knob to the trucks. I hate the clunky shifter but don't necessarily care for it on the column as well.
I have considered that. I just wouldn’t want it in the console still but there’s really no appealing spot for it. I actually had a theory about using the push button shifter out of the continental and putting it either in that side trim along where the shifter is or up on the dash above the start button in that gap between cluster and vent, though not sure if either truly have enough room. The dash mount would for sure need to utilize the 2024 trim though for extra height.

Ford F-150 Hear me out, but Console to Column shifter? IMG_1995

Ford F-150 Hear me out, but Console to Column shifter? IMG_1996
Sponsored