Sponsored

Retrofit Lighted Vanity Visors (No Homelink Needed)

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
My PB doesn't have lighted vanity mirrors and it is one thing my wife liked about the Ranger. I'm looking to swap out the stock visors for ones with lighted vanity mirrors. I don't care about Homelink as never used it on the Ranger but would need power for the vanity. Has anyone done this and if so what all is involved? Will power need to be run or is there a harness up there and it's just a matter of being plug/play with the new visors?
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I installed the LH visor with the Homelink and lite mirror. In my case, I did not have the connector under the headliner for power to the visor. I needed connector (P/N WPT 1412 - needed to connect to the plug on the visor)and it only comes with about a foot of wire on it. I added to it and ran the cable down the A pillar and across, under the dash to the passenger side fuse panel. For the RH visor, it would be down the A pillar to the fuse panel. I looked at connecting to the plug in the overhead panel and the wire is so thin (looked to be about the size of a human hair), that I was not going to try and connect to it.

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Thanks for the reply. Kind of figured that there wouldn't be any plugs up there for power. Wonder if I can tie into the harness running power in the overhead/mirror instead provided I can get to it without dropping the headliner.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I didn't drop the headline, only enough to run the wire. The wires to the mirror are so dam thin that connecting to them will not be easy. There is also not a lot of extra wire to play with when you try and tie into them. That is why I ran a cable down the A pillars.

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Good to know, thanks! Now just need to get my hands on the visors.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Good to know, thanks! Now just need to get my hands on the visors.
I shopped around and got mine from a Ford dealer in Ontario (Visor, tax & shipping = $608.00 CDN ) The connector I got from my dealer $62.00 CDN. If you can, go to your dealer and get the part number of the visors you need. They can match it to the part numbers that are listed as being installed on your truck as far as color goes. Mine had a list of about 30 different part numbers. Took the parts guy a little while to find the correct number.
Sponsored