Sponsored

Leather Seats 'Skins' from Ebay - Work on XLT?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
On Ebay they have some crazy priced 'Leather seat 'covers'' which look to be the OEM seat skins. (ie remove the cloth rather then go over it). Around $270

Why would there be so many new seat pulls from Lariats? If you have a lariat are you really ripping covers out of a new truck? Or maybe these are going out the back of the factory?

Most importantly for me, I assume these don't fit XLTS because they don't have the fold down cup holder in back and don't have the same BO headrest? Anyone ever seam similarly priced pulls for XLT? 'Covers' look to be around $700 which isn't too bad but love the idea of OEM $300 ones

Ebay Link
Sponsored

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
I saw these a while back and thought it was a great deal as well until I realized the rear seat for the XLT's and Lariats are different. I guess keep an eye out in case they post some for an XLT with the Black Appearance Package. Also, make sure to read the full description as they appear to list any damage the covers may have.

Last edited:
OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
As I think about the car charger - does the 2023 support wireless or android auto or only wired? If only wired is it the one under the workstation or plug or one near front of console

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
On Ebay they have some crazy priced 'Leather seat 'covers'' which look to be the OEM seat skins. (ie remove the cloth rather then go over it). Around $270

Why would there be so many new seat pulls from Lariats? If you have a lariat are you really ripping covers out of a new truck? Or maybe these are going out the back of the factory?

Most importantly for me, I assume these don't fit XLTS because they don't have the fold down cup holder in back and don't have the same BO headrest? Anyone ever seam similarly priced pulls for XLT? 'Covers' look to be around $700 which isn't too bad but love the idea of OEM $300 ones

Ebay Link
I have bought some NEW Take OFF OEM leather seat covers on Ebay where the owner upgraded to custom type covers. I took the cloth covers off the cushions on my 2020 F150 and replaced them with the new take off leathers. It's not treally a hard job but very time consuming and tedious work. The worst part is taking the support rods off and getting them pressed back into the original cushion clips. If I had it to do over,I'd buy Katskinz covers and let them install them. I am not affiliated with The Katzkin company but IMOP they are good quality covers for you money..............

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
I have bought some NEW Take OFF OEM leather seat covers on Ebay where the owner upgraded to custom type covers. I took the cloth covers off the cushions on my 2020 F150 and replaced them with the new take off leathers. It's not treally a hard job but very time consuming and tedious work. The worst part is taking the support rods off and getting them pressed back into the original cushion clips. If I had it to do over,I'd buy Katskinz covers and let them install them. I am not affiliated with The Katzkin company but IMOP they are good quality covers for you money..............
The ones I purchased came off of a Lariat and I have an XLt without centen console. I Purchased the fold down center console off of ebay seperately

Sponsored

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
The ones I purchased came off of a Lariat and I have an XLt without centen console. I Purchased the fold down center console off of ebay seperately
That is actually really smart. Did you have to buy the whole seat assembly for that side?

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
That is actually really smart. Did you have to buy the whole seat assembly for that side?
No I just found that cover separately. I assume they sold the fronts seperate and had the rear ones left. not sure

Sponsored

tidefan1967

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Occupation
LNG Technician
There’s a seller on ebay that sell the lariat but modified the back seat so it will fit
Just bought a set from that guy yesterday. Paid $391 out the door. Was going to go with Katzkin but the deal was too good to pass up.
Sponsored