First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Hybrid
Occupation
Network Engineer
So I have read plenty of people with the B&O Unleashed systems are disappointed with the audio quality and are upgrading their speakers.

I was listening to Spotify the other day and one of the songs on my playlist started up and just took me away. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I know everyone ears are different, but im curious if everyone is largely disappointed in the B&O system due to a bad audio source and not the system itself.

Dont get me wrong...there is nothing I have played or have found that I can do to get those stinking head rest speakers to be any louder, but just this specific configuration and this particular song....man....when it hits the 40sec mark and the instruments kick in... whoa.

Im curious if anyone else would like to try these settings and see if you get a more warm and fussy feeling about your B&O system as I did.
Wish I got this feeling on more songs, but I always look forward to this some coming up in my playlist a little more often now.

Song:

Settings:
Volume: 9-10
Sound Mode: Surround
Treble: 12 (2-3 down from Max)
Mid: Max
Bass: Max
Balance:
Ford F-150 B&O Unleashed with THIS song. PXL_20230223_024903298

Does anyone else have any other links to audio clips of any type of music that they feel just sounds really REALLY good when they play it in their truck?
Sponsored

Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
bass, treble etc all set to middle of scale and volume usually 18 to 22
return of the mack from back in the 90s will flat make the headrests make some noise, its a great song to test the range of bass
taylor dayne will also test the treble and mid range she can score through many octaves. tell it to my heart, is a great song to hear lots of things going on.

as does joan jett and I love rock and roll , original version not the remake, or do you wanna touch
dire straits money for nothing original 8 minute version , not the politically correct one lots of great guitar in this one

the who baba O'riley and immence front

dire straits sultan of swing

ac dc hells bells and or have a drink on me
hells bells has good lead in that gives you time to adjust volume

skynyrd and sweet home alabama

i have a wide berth of music and genre's in my fancy
rhythm has to get me. (y)

i pretty much give my unleashed a work out each day on my 22 minute return trip from the creamery so i stay awake at 3am

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
So I have read plenty of people with the B&O Unleashed systems are disappointed with the audio quality and are upgrading their speakers.

I was listening to Spotify the other day and one of the songs on my playlist started up and just took me away. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I know everyone ears are different, but im curious if everyone is largely disappointed in the B&O system due to a bad audio source and not the system itself.

Dont get me wrong...there is nothing I have played or have found that I can do to get those stinking head rest speakers to be any louder, but just this specific configuration and this particular song....man....when it hits the 40sec mark and the instruments kick in... whoa.

Im curious if anyone else would like to try these settings and see if you get a more warm and fussy feeling about your B&O system as I did.
Wish I got this feeling on more songs, but I always look forward to this some coming up in my playlist a little more often now.

Song:

Settings:
Balance:
PXL_20230223_024903298.jpg

Does anyone else have any other links to audio clips of any type of music that they feel just sounds really REALLY good when they play it in their truck?
I don’t have a link handy, but get your hands on a lossless version of “Bubbles” by Yosi Horikawa.

OP
OP
Mouse51180

Mouse51180

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Hybrid
Occupation
Network Engineer
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I really would like if links if we could get links to the music.

If I go and search a song name...I could find 4-5 different recordings of it...each one sounding different than the next.

I wanted to create this thread to provide an actual link of where you could get a piece of music that someone feels was recorded just right and they feel really shows the range of the B&O system.

Also post what your setting are at. If my bass is not the same level as your bass level...we won't have a true aspect of what you are hearing and what you feel sounds "right".

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Your Ford dealership (and each salesman) was given a USB stick with a demo Playlist of various genres when B&O representatives visited each dealership to drum up excitement about the new Gen14 release.
There are actually 2 different releases of the demo with I believe a total of 14 songs plus one narrated demo.

The music is obviously optimized for the system and does show just how much source material can determine the experience. :)

If our trucks sounded like the demo Playlist when we were listening to HD Radio or streaming Spotify I suspect the $650 option would be viewed as a steal! 🤣

Honestly, it's really not that bad for the price we paid. Admittedly it isn't even in the same ballpark as optional factory systems available in some luxury vehicles. I sat in my little brother's Porsche Panamera and the sound was fantastic. It was a ~$4000.00 option?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Last edited:

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost

Song:

Settings:
Balance:
PXL_20230223_024903298.jpg

I freaking love this song and never knew the name...thank you! :ROFLMAO:

I don't have Unleashed, just regular B&O. It is highly dependent on the source. My high bitrate MP3s on USB drive don't sound as good to me as YouTube Music streaming from my phone. It's possible YT Music has the bass cranked up on their music, but either way, it does sound pretty good.

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
I've never understood it either. I've had an aftermarket system in every vehicle i've had, And the Unleashed sounds pretty damn good. Obviously the bass isn't as good as my last two systems that had big subs, but its not bad either. For me its a pros and cons game. Is any improvements I notice going to be worth the cost of making them? To each their own on that. Its by far the most "Good Enough" System i've had. Absolutely has some week points, but its in, done and factory.

Sponsored

hammerhead2411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Does anybody know what system the 2006 lariat had? I know it had a ford sub under the passenger rear seat. That system was loud, and had some great kick to it (maybe I like it best because I was 16 and on top of the world lol). I don't mind the B&O, but IMO it doesn't beat the 2006 f150 or the Bose in GM's.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
I had a subscription to apple music for the spatial and lossless audio and it was fantastic! best radio to date in a vehicle.
unfortunately, didnt want to pay for it haha

as a music nerd, you want to be impressed!? listen to classical music with spatial or lossless!!! its mindblowing!

also, Pink Floyd Money sounds sweet as hell on the unleashed!

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
isnt tidal also subscription based? i heard tidal is sweet though

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
isnt tidal also subscription based? i heard tidal is sweet though
It is. I am an audiophile, though. For me, it is worth it. I don't drive a lot, but I have a Dolby Atmos surround system at home that I use a lot. I also have some aftermarket subs in my truck, so the lossless audio helps keep distortion out of the the B&O system and the subs at high volume, so worth it there, too. I always have the volume at 30 in my truck. lol
Sponsored