Apple Carplay / Android Auto expand display

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
I do admit that I may be confused, as I stated earlier, but I thought that I had seen my instrument cluster scale down when a large graphic alert was triggered, then scale back up after the graphic disappeared.
And while I've used both Nav programs, native Sync Nav and Google maps, I didn't note which behaved one way or another.

Regardless, the truck just keeps getting better and more mature software wise. The technology race is definitely ramping up in the automotive world and I'm enjoying.
I eagerly look forward to my MY21 getting better and more mature as well 🤞. I think as much as we don't like subscription services, that's actually the incentive for Ford to keep updating older vehicles with improvements to Blue Cruise, etc
Sponsored

Reedhud

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Could you send me the update please,

Vin is 1FTFW1E56NKD20910

wolfman1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502A
I went to set up Carplay today using a wired connection (USB-C to lightning) using the USB-C port inside the center console. I didn't realize only the ports near the wireless charging pad can transmit wired Carplay, is this the case for others as well?

Sponsored

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
I went to set up Carplay today using a wired connection (USB-C to lightning) using the USB-C port inside the center console. I didn't realize only the ports near the wireless charging pad can transmit wired Carplay, is this the case for others as well?
Yup, that’s perfectly normal. Only two USB ports (one USB-C, one USB-A) on the vehicle transmit data, the others are power only.

On my bench seat F-150, it’s the two exposed ports above the “media tray” under the dash that transmit data. The ones under the flap where the 120v outlet would be if equipped and in the back of the bench seat are power only.

As Snakebitten noted, this can be useful for isolating a device you don’t want to connect to CarPlay/Android Auto.

Cranbery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
For some USB updates I can provide the files for you to load onto a USB> The updates are locked to the vin they are created for. There is no way to share them across multiple vehicles.

I have an ability to create usbs for people. I have said it before but this was not me that made this available I have people that help me TREMENDOUSLY. I dont name them but they know who they are. So they are to be thanked as well.

So as long as its the most recent update I can provide it.,
Can this update in particular be transferred and installed without FDRS?

If so, can you provide the update files for my VIN?

1FTEW1E89NFA28456

Just transfer to USB, plug in, and install?

Would gladly support your PayPal, thanks for all the info and help as others have said!

lexustbs

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost
What’s the chances of getting a copy of the update for the full screen?

1FTFW1EDXNFA41525

klvanzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
For some USB updates I can provide the files for you to load onto a USB> The updates are locked to the vin they are created for. There is no way to share them across multiple vehicles.

I have an ability to create usbs for people. I have said it before but this was not me that made this available I have people that help me TREMENDOUSLY. I dont name them but they know who they are. So they are to be thanked as well.

So as long as its the most recent update I can provide it.,
Jesse, would love if you could send the files via USB for my VIN: 1FTFW1ED7NFA43491

Greatly appreciate your contributions to this forum. Expect a Paypal thank you from me.

mcropper03

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I'm interested as well. Owned the truck since March and haven't had a single OTA.

VIN: 1FTFW1E8XNFA08284

Would be happy to donate to the cause.

Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Guys this is not something that can just easily be done on vehicles where the software isn't available for that VIN yet. It's not as simple as just plugging in a USB.
The only reason we know about this stuff is that a few of us with tons of patience experiment with flashing these on spare modules.

klvanzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I keep getting a USB not supported message. I have reformatted to exfat twice but still having the issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I keep getting a USB not supported message. I have reformatted to exfat twice but still having the issue. Anyone have any ideas?
Try a different USB stick. Seems like this issue would pop up from time to time with the Ranger when using cheap off brand thumb drives. Have had the best success with 32GB Micro Center USB3 drives and 64GB Sandisk Cruzer drives.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I am not sending update for anything except people that have things not working. I try to help people but it gets out of hand when it’s something we want. I know everyone wants the newest thing. We all do but I can’t support an entire forum of people. Plus the way it’s done has to be limited.
I am always willing to help. It can’t be for updates though .. I’ve got no problem with any one wanting the update I understand. But I get messages from a lot of people that have never even posted on here

there is a point that it gets to be too much. Help is one thing. When your blue cruise maps expire and the dealer won’t help and the OTA fails I don’t expect you to go buy a $500 cable for that.
I’m stating to see guys think they can update their whole truck with a usb. That’s not how it works. So I’m done . I sent a couple. That was my mistake becaus e I try to be nice. I do . It just turns into a shit show now.
If I keep sending updates then I won’t be able to help the ones that actually need it.
So take this how you want to. But these are huge updates that take a huge amount t of resources to deal with.
Sponsored