Sponsored

Apple Carplay / Android Auto expand display

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
That said, if I got the file, is it as simple as putting it on a USB drive and plugging it into the truck, or do you need FDRS to load it?
This is what I was trying to ask, but might not have been clear.
Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
This is what I was trying to ask, but might not have been clear.
Generically, FDRS (and other techniques that Jesse can utilize) ensures that you get the correct software/firmware modules *for your truck*. They are not all identical. If you put the wrong update/firmware/software on a USB stick and install it, YOU CAN BRICK YOUR TRUCK. Also, if you use FDRS upon completion of the update, diagnostic and status/update information will be uploaded to Ford's servers when you reinstall the USB stick into your laptop and acknowledge successful completion of the update. I'm not 100% sure, but this might also happen "over the air" eventually, but not immediately, so FDRS may still show pending updates that you've already installed.

I guess what I'm suggesting here is to err on the side of safety with certain modules in your truck - particularly the BCM, PCM, and other critical systems. This isn't like updating an app on your phone or PC.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
For some USB updates I can provide the files for you to load onto a USB> The updates are locked to the vin they are created for. There is no way to share them across multiple vehicles.

I have an ability to create usbs for people. I have said it before but this was not me that made this available I have people that help me TREMENDOUSLY. I dont name them but they know who they are. So they are to be thanked as well.

So as long as its the most recent update I can provide it.,

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
For some USB updates I can provide the files for you to load onto a USB> The updates are locked to the vin they are created for. There is no way to share them across multiple vehicles.

I have an ability to create usbs for people. I have said it before but this was not me that made this available I have people that help me TREMENDOUSLY. I dont name them but they know who they are. So they are to be thanked as well.

So as long as its the most recent update I can provide it.,
Yup, I assumed they were VIN locked. Curious if you could provide me the zip for my truck. I would like a way to pay you back though for your time if possible :)

VIN: 1FTFW1ED1NFA05710

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Yup, I assumed they were VIN locked. Curious if you could provide me the zip for my truck. I would like a way to pay you back though for your time if possible :)

Look at his sig :)

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Ok..I think we all need to get @Jesse-Infotainment a keg of beer for grabbing all these files for people.

That said, if I got the file, is it as simple as putting it on a USB drive and plugging it into the truck, or do you need FDRS to load it?
Agreed, He spends alot of time checking stuff so that people can save $50 bucks. Between that and helping out and sending huge files is alot of his time.

His paypal link is paypalme/JesseDiGirolomo

Last edited:

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I'm fine waiting, but if there is still room I'd like to join this party.

1FTFW1E85NFB10172

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Ill get the files. I have my paypal at the bottom. Not required. It helps justify the time I spend with the wife though when I have money I can give us at the end of the week.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Agreed, He spends alot of time checking stuff so that people can save $50 bucks. Between that and helping out and sending huge files is alot of his time.

His paypal link is paypalme/JesseDiGirolomo
Thanks! I appreciate it. Youre the man

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

DeltaDeuce

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost 701A High
@Jesse-Infotainment is it possible to put the file on 1FTFW1ED2MFB77503? I have an active FDRS and don't show it in que. I hear it's possibly just for 22's but the P/N is the same between 21 and 22, makes it all a little confusing. Thanks!!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment is it possible to put the file on 1FTFW1ED2MFB77503? I have an active FDRS and don't show it in que. I hear it's possibly just for 22's but the P/N is the same between 21 and 22, makes it all a little confusing. Thanks!!
Its only for 22

If you install on a 21 it will cause connectivity issues. You have to wait until official release from Ford. I can provide the guys I have because they have official releases. I am not modifying anything.

DeltaDeuce

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost 701A High
Its only for 22

If you install on a 21 it will cause connectivity issues. You have to wait until official release from Ford. I can provide the guys I have because they have official releases. I am not modifying anything.
10-4, do you expect that this will deploy to 21's?
Sponsored