TXENG89

TXENG89

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My window sticker bottom date changed from 5/20/2021 (when I got my sticker) to today's date. Nothing appears to be changed on the window sticker. Blend date is still the same.

Does anybody know what a change in the bottom date on the window sticker means? Hopefully, it means progress.

EDIT: also Palsapp has my VIN# as "pending" now. LET'S GO
Mine updated too. I don't know what changed though. Also, Palsapp has my vin as "pending" too!
Sponsored

F150fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Mine updated too. I don't know what changed though. Also, Palsapp has my vin as "pending" too!
So, I just looked at my old window sticker that I had printed. Above "convoy" it added a box that says "final assembly plant dearborn." Then to the left two boxes it added a "sold to" box with my dealer listed and a number that says 23E 047, which is a new code that I haven't seen anywhere else on the sticker. There's also a box under sold to that says "ship to if other than sold to," which is obviously blank as it is shipping to my dealer.

Interesting...

OP
OP
TXENG89

TXENG89

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So, I just looked at my old window sticker that I had printed. Above "convoy" it added a box that says "final assembly plant dearborn." Then to the left two boxes it added a "sold to" box with my dealer listed and a number that says 23E 047, which is a new code that I haven't seen anywhere else on the sticker. There's also a box under sold to that says "ship to if other than sold to," which is obviously blank as it is shipping to my dealer.

Interesting...
Mine hasn't added any of those yet.

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
I have a build date of 6/21 and Palsapp already had my VIN in their system. It says Dearborn Truck Plant and status is pending. Anyone seeing that for their VIN well before being built?

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I have a build date of 6/21 and Palsapp already had my VIN in their system. It says Dearborn Truck Plant and status is pending. Anyone seeing that for their VIN well before being built?
Yes, My blend date is 6/16. I have and have had sticker for about 3 weeks with blend date remaining the same. PALSAPP has populated my VIN with status pending. PB SC Lariat ordered 2/13. With COVID, parts shortages and the issues with the union I believe Ford is doing an outstanding job attempted to build our trucks.

Sponsored

F150fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'm curious about the fact that our week is a "reduced schedule" week (at least at Dearborn Truck Plant). To me, I can't see why trucks would even be scheduled for 6/14, unless they knew they were going to be able to build them that week during the reduced schedule. Why wouldn't they just shut continue the shutdown otherwise?

The optimistic part of me is saying: we are fresh off a shutdown so the few trucks scheduled to this week will be timely built on the day scheduled, and maybe with fewer trucks being built, we can get spray-in bedliners and additional options pretty much added and done on the build date.

My pessimistic side is saying: a reduced schedule means there's no way they're actually getting to our trucks, just one screw up in the line can delay everyone, and we are about to get pushed back to August, October, or worse like I'm seeing in some of the earlier build week threads.

Does anyone else know of a build week thread that was during a "reduced schedule" type of week? Maybe we can read it to compare what happened then?

Last edited:

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Another thing to keep in mind for people with assigned build weeks if June 14 is that a wave of VIN’s were “sent to plant/in production” as closures were announced. Maybe it’s already baked into the cake but something to keep in mind.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Another thing to keep in mind for people with assigned build weeks if June 14 is that a wave of VIN’s were “sent to plant/in production” as closures were announced. Maybe it’s already baked into the cake but something to keep in mind.
That's my fear as well... seems like there is a shit-ton of people who have been 'Rescheduled' to week of 6/14. If I have read the news reports correctly BOTH Dearborn and KCTP will be operating that week BUT only one shift (1/3 capacity)... so this apparently doesn't quite add up.

I'm waiting for a bunch of people to have their build dates postponed yet again. myself included :cry:

F150fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
That's my fear as well... seems like there is a shit-ton of people who have been 'Rescheduled' to week of 6/14. If I have read the news reports correctly BOTH Dearborn and KCTP will be operating that week BUT only one shift (1/3 capacity)... so this apparently doesn't quite add up.

I'm waiting for a bunch of people to have their build dates postponed yet again. myself included :cry:
The 1/3 capacity part is something I haven't seen. Can you explain what isn't adding up?

I see people with blend dates on Tues, Wed, and Fri (6/15, 6/16, and 6/18).

I too am checking every morning to see if I'm getting bumped. I just hope its not until 10/31 or worse. Although I read somewhere on here that 10/31 was just a plugged number and that people's 10/31 ETA is starting to get bumped up to more recent dates. Fingers crossed.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The 1/3 capacity part is something I haven't seen. Can you explain what isn't adding up?

I see people with blend dates on Tues, Wed, and Fri (6/15, 6/16, and 6/18).

I too am checking every morning to see if I'm getting bumped. I just hope its not until 10/31 or worse. Although I read somewhere on here that 10/31 was just a plugged number and that people's 10/31 ETA is starting to get bumped up to more recent dates. Fingers crossed.
I remember reading on one of these forums that the KC plant will be operating on a reduced schedule when it restarts 6/14, I thought i read it was only 1 shift but I cant find the reference now... may have been simply "reduced" schedule. maybe another poster can verify?

All i meant by 'not adding up' is that there seems to be a lot of ppl here saying that they have been assigned a 6/14 build, and i know some have already been bumped to July, so if one hasn't asked their salesman in a while to confirm the build date, one might be surprised...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Just a FYI for you new guys to the forum. Once the window sticker is created, the date on the bottom will refresh weekly until delivery. This is normal behavior and is not a indication of a change in status.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
F150fan; I found it....

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...-f-150-production-lightning-debut/5166468001/

" Ford will be temporarily shutting down both factories that build the best-selling F-150 trucks, as well as the factories that build other popular vehicles, including the Explorer, Police Interceptor and Lincoln Aviator. "

Eight plants idled
The following plants in North America are affected:

• Chicago Assembly Plant, which will be down the week of May 31 and will operate on a reduced schedule the week of June 7.
  • Flat Rock Assembly Plant, which will be down the weeks of May 31 and June 7.
  • Dearborn Truck Plant, and Kansas City Assembly Plant — F-150 truck line — will be down the weeks of May 31 and June 7 and will operate on a reduced schedule the week of June 14.
  • Hermosillo Assembly Plant in Mexico will be down the weeks of June 21 and June 28
  • Louisville Assembly Plant in Kentucky will be down the week of May 31 through the week of June 28.
  • Oakville Assembly Complex in Canada will be down the week of May 31 through the week of June 21.
  • Ohio Assembly Plant will produce only Super Duty Chassis cabs and Medium Duty trucks the weeks of May 31, June 7 and June 14
so yeah I must have misread the 1 shift thing.

JAWA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCrew 3.5L Lariat
Does Palsapp have your VIN# registered? Is yours being built at Dearborn?
Dearborn build here...
Ordered 4/29
Blend date from sticker is 6/19. Are they running on Saturdays?

F150fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Dearborn build here...
Ordered 4/29
Blend date from sticker is 6/19. Are they running on Saturdays?
All we know is that it’s a “reduced schedule,” with no idea how much it’s reduced. But weve got blend dates on tues, wed, fri, and sat now. I’m also seeing other threads with peoples trucks that were in ramp 59 purgatory being moved as well as people with October dates starting to get progress on theirs. Hopefully on week 6/7 Ford is able to shuttle out a bunch more delayed trucks and they can start with ours on 6/14. Maybe some of the log jam is being released.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
What I have read is Dearborn will run 1 shift. Seeing as they send a truck out the door every 53 seconds that is approximately 3800 trucks a week for one shift. 7 daysX 8 hrs.X 60 minutes X60 seconds = 201,600 seconds per one weeks shift, Divided by 53 seconds = 3803 trucks. Double that if KC does the same. The number of trucks listed in this and other forums to be built 6/14 doesn't even put a dent in the numbers they can produce. I was given this as a build week on 5/11 by the dealer and the window sticker posted 5/21 with the blend date of 6/18. From what I'm seeing posted of the trucks built in May shipping a couple days after the build dates I'm pretty confident we will all see our trucks early to mid July.
Sponsored