First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have a Leadfoot 6.5' bed 5.0L and I was under the understanding that they locked me in at KC. But the whole "you have a VIN you are locked" thing....it is a computer file. I have done too much coding to 1)buy that line, and 2) drive a truck using Bluedrive? until it is a year or more old. Look at Boeing with the 737 Max and the Boeing Starliner. Code review is a very critical job...and the ounger crowd that can't decide what bathroom they belong in do not give me much reason to trust their work....
I don't 100% believe that once you get a VIN you are locked. I have seen on multiple forums for Fords, the following line has been said a number of times:
Dealers can change vehicle specifications for a scheduled vehicle up until the vehicle is “locked in” for production or about two weeks prior to the scheduled build date. Dealers are limited to making 6 changes to scheduled orders.

Maybe 2021 is different, but I was under the impression that if you didn't change items such as the engine or going from XLT to Lariat - you could make the (up to 6) changes up until your sticker was generated / sent to plant. I'd think it would also be in Ford's best interest because they are making more profit when a customer adds more options.
Sponsored