Sponsored

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
If I had ordered from a bigger dealer (such as Granger) instead of the small-town dealer that I did, would I have stood a greater chance of getting my truck built?
All I can offer is a solid maybe.
Sponsored

Cranbery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
If I had ordered from a bigger dealer (such as Granger) instead of the small-town dealer that I did, would I have stood a greater chance of getting my truck built?
Granger is a pretty small dealer, just saying. Great service and deal, I bought from them. They aren't a big dealer though. I don't think it would've helped your chances.

coloradobrandon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat 4x4 3.5 PowerBoost
I’m in CO. Got a quote of 1300 for uncovered transportation to Boulder. Looking at how cheap flight are I’m just going to fly in and drive.
@ramo @smyph

Same. I did get a couple quotes ranging from $900 - $1500 but seems like too much hassle especially given the moving target for delivery, and sorting through finding a reputable transport was getting painful. I grabbed a couple $39 frontier one-way tickets and a fully refundable one. Unfortunately, my delivery date has pushed out due to the chip hold so I’ll have to book a another flight when it gets closer. I figure I need 1,000 miles prior to towing my 26’ TT anyway, so might as well road trip it.

Time2Fly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
We have 25 remaining orders to be filled from last months allocation. But Ford nationwide did not allocate more F-150s. I'm sure this is to do with Chip shortage and why there's some trucks that went on microchip hold. I'm sure they hit pause in an effort to catch up.
Are the 25 you’re referring to from December or January?

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Frontier has direct flights from Denver to Des Moines for $35 or less on certain days of the week. No joke. That along with the current rates and wait times to get a truck and shipping scheduled, makes no sense to ship unless you just absolutely can't get there and drive back.

Sponsored

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Yes, sorry but I still don't quite understand how or which recent comments apply to my 502a order on Jan. 27?

jmlaing

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe, 2022 Ford F150
Yes, sorry but I still don't quite understand how or which recent comments apply to my 502a order on Jan. 27?
If you haven't received a build date yet (I don't believe they've really assigned build dates since like the first Thursday in January) then the 25 outstanding orders would include yours. On Thursdays if ford is selecting f150's for scheduling they will pick from those 25 outstanding orders and select which ones they believe they will be able to build.

Moses5719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat BP on Order
We have 25 remaining orders to be filled from last months allocation. But Ford nationwide did not allocate more F-150s. I'm sure this is to do with Chip shortage and why there's some trucks that went on microchip hold. I'm sure they hit pause in an effort to catch up.
How many F-150 you have on order pending scheduling?

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
I’m in CO. Got a quote of 1300 for uncovered transportation to Boulder. Looking at how cheap flight are I’m just going to fly in and drive.
I did the trek back to western Idaho. The drive isn’t bad at all.

poodwecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302a
I did the trek back to western Idaho. The drive isn’t bad at all.
I’ll be coming over to WA.

figure I’ll look at weather and see which route I want to take when I get closer.

glad to hear it’s not too bad!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
These are carryover from allocation we received last month. So around the first week of January.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
How many F-150 you have on order pending scheduling?
We have around 150 with VINs assigned. We have 25 slots left from last months allocation that will get VINs over the next 3-4 weeks.

For pending orders I believe we have around 100 or so. If we would've received allocation this month, they all would have received VINs (we're averaging about 70-80 allocations monthly). That of course depends upon commodity restrictions.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
That means you have a shot to get scheduled with the remaining 25 slots we have available. Our oldest orders are prioritized first, with commodity restrictions being the equalizer. If they can't build Platinum trucks and we have 50 platinum trucks ahead of you, then you may get scheduled before them because of availability even though you were ordered later.

Moses5719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat BP on Order
My two cents on what's happening to F-150 customers, FORD is clearly focusing on Lighting model and its not caring or don't have resources to successfully run non Lighting F-150 models.

qewrtyturdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB Platinum (ordered)
My two cents on what's happening to F-150 customers, FORD is clearly focusing on Lighting model and its not caring or don't have resources to successfully run non Lighting F-150 models.
You seriously think Ford is NOT trying to produce as many F-series trucks as possible? A company with the size and history of Ford has the ability to focus on more than one production line at a time. Global logistics is a very complicated web that has affected all companies in the sector.
Sponsored