First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
USAF
I’m hoping for an email from Ford soon stating that mine had a build date.
Sponsored

Etl330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Question if I might. Are the prices posted for available inventory on their website 4% under invoice? Or does that deal require an order or separate contact with Granger directly to get a price quote? Thanks.
No and their MSRPs are inflated on their website vs actual sticker msrp to show a much bigger discount than you’re actually getting. I can’t believe no one brings this up here. Their prices on the website also fluctuate and the sales guy I spoke to was misinformed that the current sales 1.9 wasn’t available on platinums.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
No and their MSRPs are inflated on their website vs actual sticker msrp to show a much bigger discount than you’re actually getting. I can’t believe no one brings this up here. Their prices on the website also fluctuate and the sales guy I spoke to was misinformed that the current sales 1.9 wasn’t available on platinums.
MSRP's and invoice prices are carved in stone. They do not change without mother company price increases. Always try to buy in relation to invoice prices and the rest of the pricing is moot.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
... and the sales guy I spoke to was misinformed that the current sales 1.9 wasn’t available on platinums
Remember that incentives are regionalized (they can vary region-to-region). That means that when you order you get the incentives applicable to the region where you reside / will register the vehicle, not the incentives applicable to Granger, IA.

I'm not sure if that is the same for vehicles bought out of inventory, but I'm willing to bet that a Granger rep did not intentionally mislead you (did the sales guy know your place of residence / registration; are you looking at incentives for your region)?

And yeah, as stated above, there's no way a dealer can 'inflate / alter' the MSRP's printed on a Monroney (window) sticker. By definition and Law that's set by Ford, the manufacturer.

Last edited:

Azstroke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 F250 Powerstroke
Remember that incentives are regionalized (they can vary region-to-region). That means that when you order you get the incentives applicable to the region where you reside / will register the vehicle, not the incentives applicable to Granger, IA.
I wasn't aware of that. So, if you live in say North Carolina, buy and pick up the truck from Granger, any incentives would have apply to NC and not Granger, Iowa? Wonder why that is?

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I wasn't aware of that. So, if you live in say North Carolina, buy and pick up the truck from Granger, any incentives would have apply to NC and not Granger, Iowa? Wonder why that is?
I've no idea "why" but that's Ford Corporate policy, not Granger's to alter, for ordered vehicles. As I mentioned above, the 'regional incentive policy' may be different for vehicles sold out of inventory, a call to Granger fully disclosing your place of residence should clarify that (I don't know because I didn't buy an inventory vehicle).

When you order a vehicle, you're required to submit proof of ID and residence (e.g. copy of driver's license) and that info is entered in Ford's Corporate database by Granger with your order submittal. Then, when your truck is ready for pick-up, Granger refers to the Ford 'Smart Vincent' system (another Ford Corporate database) which shows incentives / financing offers applicable to you / your VIN on date of order and on date of delivery (but not any incentives / financing offers that have come-and-gone between those dates); you can pick whichever is most advantageous to you.

In my case, for example, I was eligible for incentives / financing offers for my Texas residence, and the incentives / financing available when I ordered on 12-22-2021 ($0 down/0%APR/36mo) was much better than those effective when my truck was delivered in June of 2022 (some higher APR I now forget). So obviously, I took the incentive / financing deal that was in effect on the date of my order, not date of delivery.
______

Note all of this is separate and above "Price Protection" - with Granger, assuming you make no changes to your original order, you will always pay the Sales Price agreed at time of order, even if the MSRP (and associated invoice price) increases between order and delivery dates (in my case Ford raised the MSRP a total of $3,635 between those dates, but I paid the Sales Price I agreed with Granger at the time my order was placed). My Monroney sticker reflects the MSRP on date of build (the higher MSRP) because IF I had declined to take delivery, all of the price protection I got as the ordering person would be void (not available to the eventual buyer other than me).

Finally, though Ford offers this "Price Protection" to dealers for customer ordered vehicles, they do not require dealers to pass that through to the customer. Some dealers do not, they charge based on the MSRP / Invoice in effect on build-date and take the windfall difference, if any, for themself. Caveat Emptor, if not dealing with Granger Ford make sure you know the terms of your purchase contract in that regard.

Bottom line IME - Granger will, as a matter of their normal business model, give you all of the best incentive / financing / and price protection that Ford Corporate allows with no shenanigans, no games.

Last edited:

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I am watching Fox weather right now and Granger itself has not been mentioned yet but it's a very small town. Strong thunderstorms are covering a large area..
Sponsored