2024 RAM 1500 Revolution Pickup Truck Concept World Premiere

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Shadow mode! First thing I would do would be to walk my new truck around the block lol but hopefully that never malfunctions!

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Very clearly calling it a concept even though they are saying it will be delivered in '24. Yikes.

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
As expected, some interesting and creative ideas. I don’t like the suicide doors (as a Honda Element owner, I live/die from those things in tight parking spots!) but see how they allow the flex seating. The pass-thru is pretty clever, not sure how useful or whether it’s worth the cost (vs attaching a red flag and using a rack, lol!). I always thought the split-gate was a good idea, but don’t like the RamBox (makes the bed too narrow IMO).
we’ll see how it looks closer to 2024: more competition is good for us all.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Wait.
The Ram EV is 800V?

Should I cancel my Lightning reservation immediately for.... A concept?

Will there be any EV's that aren't 800V by the time the Ram is being delivered to buyers?

If it sounds like I'm smacking on Ram specifically, it's really not that at all. Instead I've just grown weary of the typical EV marketing hype and what eventually, actually, unfolds. (reality)

And yes, the Lightning has contributed to that wearyness. 😂
Ford showed us an electric F150 pulling a train nearly 4 years ago and it's still at least 2 years away that the truck will be available for all but a very small sliver of those that declared they want one. That's 6 years from announcement to being in a driveway.

So how many years from now before the truck that launched this thread is at a dealership and obtainable? Same with GM?

3 years at least, in my opinion. And I believe that's optimistic.

800V will probably be the norm for all of them.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Very clearly calling it a concept even though they are saying it will be delivered in '24. Yikes.
We saw them testing prototype mules late summer 2020 in northern Michigan. They had three of the pickups in full camo with security watching over them, one was marked Brake, one Trailer, they had about a 5000# RV near by. I got a moment to look underneath when the guard walked away, could clearly see it was setup as a EV, no exhaust. They also had 2 mid size SUV vehicles all covered with the same EV setup.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Wait.
The Ram EV is 800V?

Should I cancel my Lightning reservation immediately for.... A concept?

Will there be any EV's that aren't 800V by the time the Ram is being delivered to buyers?

If it sounds like I'm smacking on Ram specifically, it's really not that at all. Instead I've just grown weary of the typical EV marketing hype and what eventually, actually, unfolds. (reality)

And yes, the Lightning has contributed to that wearyness. 😂
Ford showed us an electric F150 pulling a train nearly 4 years ago and it's still at least 2 years away that the truck will be available for all but a very small sliver of those that declared they want one. That's 6 years from announcement to being in a driveway.

So how many years from now before the truck that launched this thread is at a dealership and obtainable? Same with GM?

3 years at least, in my opinion. And I believe that's optimistic.

800V will probably be the norm for all of them.
I went.to the 1968 New York Auto show and was told by the year 2000 that cars would fly and nolonger need wheels! 😂

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Wow, Lightnings are already on the road, Chevys EV is right around the corner and RAM... is just releasing a concept?? Way to lead the charge there RAM. I guess FCA spent all their money and effort completely neutring the Charger & Challenger ICE platform before they considered giving RAM any though.

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Wow, Lightnings are already on the road, Chevys EV is right around the corner and RAM... is just releasing a concept?? Way to lead the charge there RAM. I guess FCA spent all their money and effort completely neutring the Charger & Challenger ICE platform before they considered giving RAM any though.
And after 4 years were still waiting for the Cybertruck !

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I think I have a better chance of hitting the lottery than a company held up by deisel, hellcat V8, and Jeep sales selling an electric truck in 2024.

And I don’t even play the lottery.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I like it. I think it's closer to a production model than they indicated. It'll need side mirrors if it really comes out as a 2024. I don't think side cameras are going going to be approved yet.
The advantage of coming out late is FCA can have the latest advancements integrated.
I took my dog to the groomer Tuesday and saw a Rivian and ev Hummer in my 8 mile trip.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm just guessing, but the Lightning was openly declared by Ford to be a stop-gap EV F150 while they are gearing up big time (Blue Oval City, for example) for a pure EV F150.

To whatever extent that's true will likely be revealed in Ford's own marketing strategy and timing.

Or put another way, the EV F150 that will be competing against the Ram isn't even revealed yet, although the current Lightning is the only thing we have to compare to because it's REAL. As well as the Rivian.

Yet both of those are still basically unobtainable, and very expensive, in respect to ICE trucks.
Sponsored