Sponsored

Ram 1500 REV Revealed ๐Ÿ“ธ Reservation placers โ€” Join others here ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
funny but sad

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
What an absolute let down. Looks like a basic Ram pretty much. Donโ€™t get me wrong itโ€™s like the F150 approach but man what a huge disappointment from the Concept model. Itโ€™s like they cat fished us
Yeah, it's the F150 lightning approach, except it's not due out until Q4 2024...... as a 2025. Curious when ford will refresh the lightning. W/out the means to boost range via petrol, these version of trucks are useless if you bought the truck to do truck things like tow.

Sponsored

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
Yeah, it's the F150 lightning approach, except it's not due out until Q4 2024...... as a 2025. Curious when ford will refresh the lightning. W/out the means to boost range via petrol, these version of trucks are useless if you bought the truck to do truck things like tow.
Correct. They are still more like niche trucks. Rather then a true work truck.

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
What an absolute let down. Looks like a basic Ram pretty much. Donโ€™t get me wrong itโ€™s like the F150 approach but man what a huge disappointment from the Concept model. Itโ€™s like they cat fished us
Looks more like a Durango to me. Lol. The concept looked like what the Cybertruck wishes it would have looked like.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
ew....gross.

The front does remind me of a Durango. I'm not fan of the Lightning's front, either. Really it reminds me of a Ridgeline.

But I have no use for an electric truck, anyways.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Not a Ram guy, but I prefer a pickup truck to look like a pickup truck. So that's not something I would fault it for.

As for a Lightning not being a good pickup truck, it's pretty much exactly like my pickup truck for 90% of what I use my pickup truck for. Except it's dead quiet, rides even better, (from all reports) and is wicked quick.

If I had a Lightning parked next to my Powerboost in the barn every morning, I'd take the Lightning almost every single day.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
every time i watch the commercial it reminds me why RAM and DODGE always have better ad agencies

stop start, not enough energy to make it ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿค—

we to have tossed around an EV for in town stuff
both of our dealers have a few in stock so pricing is getting better, but no where near what i want to pay.

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Not a Ram guy, but I prefer a pickup truck to look like a pickup truck. So that's not something I would fault it for.

As for a Lightning not being a good pickup truck, it's pretty much exactly like my pickup truck for 90% of what I use my pickup truck for. Except it's dead quiet, rides even better, (from all reports) and is wicked quick.

If I had a Lightning parked next to my Powerboost in the barn every morning, I'd take the Lightning almost every single day.
Exactly! Not every truck owner tows all the time. On my morning commutes, a good 95% of the trades I see (trucks with biz titles on the sides or carrying various work gear) are NOT towing. 100% of what Iโ€™ve done (so far) would be met by an EV.
BUT I get it; Iโ€™ll be looking to tow this summer and beyond, a Lightning/REV would not be ideal at all. And weโ€™re looking at longer, remote trips- something that seated me from an EV as well.
EV trucks are no different that a Super Duty, Ranger, or any other truck - itโ€™ll suit some people, some needs, but not all people/all needs.
Back to topic: I was disappointed some of the Ram EV concepts arenโ€™t making it to production but not surprised.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Talking to a handful of company fleet managers, it seems like the Lightning fits their needs for local big city travel. Its not quite apparent the save on fuel costs vs. electricity. One of the big elevator companies had 20K Lightnings delivered.

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Relative to all-electric options, it's not just towing, it's general range anxiety and charge time issues. I recently rented a Tesla in Colorado to try it out. Drove nicely, quiet, etc.
But it was cold, and range dropped quickly. And while it recharged pretty fast when I was hooked to a Tesla supercharger, those aren't everywhere, and it was disappointing with regular chargers. Two hours on a Chargepoint charger got me only about 10%. That's terrible.
Basically until the tech is better, I just don't see it being an option for long-distance driving, particularly in cold weather. Unless you're willing to spend a huge amount of time waiting around.
So while I'd get an electric car or truck, it would only be as an around town commuter. And since I'd want a truck for longer camping/vacation trips (towing or not), seems silly to get an inefficient second one for kicking around town.
Sponsored