Sponsored

Ram vs f150

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
I'm guessing you know what it sounds like because you've spent a lot of time watching them pull away from your antiquated V8.
Heh, he's banned now.

I'll never understand people who base their entire personalities around the sound of their engine noise.
Sponsored

Mike_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, XLT, 302a, 4x4, 3.5L, Antimatter Blue
Heh, he's banned now.

I'll never understand people who base their entire personalities around the sound of their engine noise.
Well put. One of the reasons I ordered the 3.5L is because you get all the functionality of a full size pickup and more, without having to join that club.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
I want my truck to be quiet, I already have a loud & flashy car. See my profile....

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Good point. They have improved (Ram and GM) but Ford is best for the Rustbelt.
Just curious how folks are finding the structural corrosion in comparison? (I do like the aluminum bodies to reduce THAT portion of rust). From the pictures I've seen, it really does seem shameful that F150's have so much surface corrosion so quickly. Yes, I agree its inconsequential in the beginning and as long as you're not going in & out of seawater, it shouldn't be TOO bad. But living near the coast, or in areas that salt their roads like Salt Bae, it'd be a concern to me 5-10 yrs down the road.

Yes, some quick coatings early (by the owner...sigh) will do a world of difference , but curious if anyone has heard of the recent GMC/Chevy/RAMs having similar issues?

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
New F-150's are aluminum so that issue goes away. Too many steel bodies in my area start showing rust in ~ 5 years and that's not acceptable to me.

Sponsored

pygmysurfer

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevrolet Silerado Custom Trail Boss
Yes, some quick coatings early (by the owner...sigh) will do a world of difference , but curious if anyone has heard of the recent GMC/Chevy/RAMs having similar issues?
Apologies for reviving this old thread :) GM uses this stupid wax coating on their frames. Of course it doesn't stay on the frames, so they start to rust. Not only that, when the wax starts to pull away water/dirt/salt/etc can get in behind the wax that remains, so it'll rust but you won't see it.
Sponsored