OP
OP
turbopilot

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
My salesman called back today wondering if I had thought anymore about their last offer for a 23 Limited PB. I told him I was not inclined to move with only $1.5k off the sticker and would plan to order a 24 PB if this was the best they could do.

He told me his sources are saying Ford is planning on raising 2024 PB prices by 20%. That is a big jump, but on the other hand they are really raising the prices on the Lightning. While the PB is not cheap I didn't think the difference in price of the PB compared to the regular ICE powered F-150's really reflected the added value of the components.

If some big price increase is going to happen for the 2024 PB's, supply and demand will quickly swap ends.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm not buying it.
I mean Ford CAN raise prices anytime and any amount they desire to, but that doesn't determine what the average customer will pay.

I've lived a long time and have now witnessed the pendulum swing in both directions of MSRP. Although I gotta admit that the pandemic/post-pandemic swing toward MSRP + $thousands is still hard for me to believe ever could happen to vehicles that are produced in the quantity of American pickups.

That was crazy.

OP
OP
turbopilot

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
I'm not buying it.
Not sure what to think. There is a solution to this chronic supply chain shortage. Raise the price. How much? Feature for feature the PB's price has only gone up about $5k over two years. Clearly that is not enough given underlying inflation and continuing supply chain shortages.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
20% is quite a jump.
I almost want to call b.s.
Especially in a rising interest rate environment.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Not sure what to think. There is a solution to this chronic supply chain shortage. Raise the price. How much? Feature for feature the PB's price has only gone up about $5k over two years. Clearly that is not enough given underlying inflation and continuing supply chain shortages.
Depends on the trim -- I configured my 302a like for like and it was over $6k more. They may have played with prices again though. Granted with all I've done to it, going from the XLT to a platinum or limited would be a step down. Besides, you can't even option raptor massage seats :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
He told me his sources are saying Ford is planning on raising 2024 PB prices by 20%.
Feature for feature the PB's price has only gone up about $5k over two years.
20% is quite a jump.
I almost want to call b.s.
Depends on the trim -- I configured my 302a like for like and it was over $6k more.
Never trust a salesperson. If their lips are moving, they are trying to sell something.

My 18 month old 302a PB sticker was 62,830 in Nov/Dec of '21. Build and price of a 2023 as close to same this morning is 70,365. That's in increase of 7,535 or 12%.

20% increase on top of 70,365 is 84,438. No way a 2024 302a PB is going to sticker for 85k.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Never trust a salesperson. If their lips are moving, they are trying to sell something.

My 18 month old 302a PB sticker was 62,830 in Nov/Dec of '21. Build and price of a 2023 as close to same this morning is 70,365. That's in increase of 7,535 or 12%.

20% increase on top of 70,365 is 84,438. No way a 2024 302a PB is going to sticker for 85k.
When I started using the B&P page from Ford and had refined the build to what it is, it was 2k higher than what it was by the time I pulled the trigger. And no, nothing new was deleted. Nothing we know of anyway. And of course, ordering through Granger whacked that, another several K.

Model yr. turnover is a wildcard I guess but the trend is down, not up.

Bob Violence

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A FX4 Powerboost
For kicks, I built a 2023 on Ford's website that matched my 2021.

My 2021 was $64k (sticker).

The 2023 was $76k (website).

FWIW.

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
My salesman called back today wondering if I had thought anymore about their last offer for a 23 Limited PB. I told him I was not inclined to move with only $1.5k off the sticker and would plan to order a 24 PB if this was the best they could do.

He told me his sources are saying Ford is planning on raising 2024 PB prices by 20%. That is a big jump, but on the other hand they are really raising the prices on the Lightning. While the PB is not cheap I didn't think the difference in price of the PB compared to the regular ICE powered F-150's really reflected the added value of the components.

If some big price increase is going to happen for the 2024 PB's, supply and demand will quickly swap ends.
Salesman's job:
Buy today, no matter what it takes...
"Don't wait!!!!
Tmrw will be 100% more... You better jump TODAY."
I'm with others, BS... Ford is going to be crawling out of a hole.
Not only with parts and supply chain issues but really CONFIDENCE and not only with the die hard Ford base, but winning over converts from the other competing manufacturers.
Raising a price 20% would be a nail in the coffin to F150..

OP
OP
turbopilot

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Salesman's job:
Buy today, no matter what it takes...
"Don't wait!!!!
Tmrw will be 100% more... You better jump TODAY."
I'm with others, BS... Ford is going to be crawling out of a hole.
Not only with parts and supply chain issues but really CONFIDENCE and not only with the die hard Ford base, but winning over converts from the other competing manufacturers.
Raising a price 20% would be a nail in the coffin to F150..
This discussion was in the context of the PowerBoost option for the F-150 Platinum. I thought it sounded off the wall but he may have only been referring to the PowerBoost option. PowerBoost is a $2,500 option while ProPower Onboard is only $750 on the Platinum. Those two options reinvent the truck. Quite a good deal in my opinion and possibly below cost for Ford. Ford was reportedly losing $16K per Lightning sold. May be a similar but smaller problem for the PowerBoost.

As to selling the old PowerBoost myself for $10k more that would only net me about $4K after sales tax on the new truck. Still may be worth it but a hassle.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
This discussion was in the context of the PowerBoost option for the F-150 Platinum. I thought it sounded off the wall but he may have only been referring to the PowerBoost option. PowerBoost is a $2,500 option while ProPower Onboard is only $750 on the Platinum. Those two options reinvent the truck. Quite a good deal in my opinion and possibly below cost for Ford. Ford was reportedly losing $16K per Lightning sold. May be a similar but smaller problem for the PowerBoost.

As to selling the old PowerBoost myself for $10k more that would only net me about $4K after sales tax on the new truck. Still may be worth it but a hassle.
Ok that would make sense, they've cornered that market and niche.
Sponsored