Sponsored

2023 Powerboost Market Pricing

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
I have a 2021 Platinum Powerboost that I just tried to trade for a 2023 Limited Powerboost. We agreed on the trade in value for my 2021 PB but when it came to the new 2023 Limited they basically would not sell the 2023 Limited for any less than $1,500 off sticker price (sticker was $85K). They had the typical $1,500 dealer add on for door edge protection, etc. which I always reject in these negotiations.

Two years ago I bought my 2021 Platinum at $2k over sticker which was pretty good given the market then. I thought the market had fallen off but maybe not. One thing I have found is that there are very few high trim level Powerboosts sitting in inventory right now in Arizona.

Curious how others are seeing the market right now.
Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I think for XL and XLT buyers the power has returned to us. For Lariat, Platinum, and Limited buyers Ford has you by the balls. They know you won’t drive a vehicle without those features so they can still charge markups. Those of us buying lower trims will simply walk to the next dealer so it seems they need to work a little harder to earn our business and Ford has begun pushing out factory incentives to keep inventory flowing. Not as many upper trims are made, no need.

You can likely find a better deal ordering from a high volume dealer though. Good luck my friend.

OP
OP
turbopilot

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
You can likely find a better deal ordering from a high volume dealer though. Good luck my friend.
The high volume dealers in Arizona simply don't have very many Powerboosts. Most of the Platinums and Lariats are Ecoboost. Powerboost must be selling well.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
yup order what you want from a dealer that will deal,
there are at least one here
and yes higher trim vehicles in fords inventory are at a premium..especially trucks
to to bottom, mavericks to super duties

i would hold and wait until next year unless you just have to have a new truck right now
sock away the cash

OP
OP
turbopilot

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
i would hold and wait until next year unless you just have to have a new truck right now
sock away the cash
Looks like I will. I was just testing the waters. Got the Ford email with the $2,000 discount coupon if I bought before July. Just wanted to see what I could do. Looks like the market has not softened much for the higher trim level Powerboosts.

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I have a 2021 Platinum Powerboost that I just tried to trade for a 2023 Limited Powerboost. We agreed on the trade in value for my 2021 PB but when it came to the new 2023 Limited they basically would not sell the 2023 Limited for any less than $1,500 off sticker price (sticker was $85K). They had the typical $1,500 dealer add on for door edge protection, etc. which I always reject in these negotiations.

Two years ago I bought my 2021 Platinum at $2k over sticker which was pretty good given the market then. I thought the market had fallen off but maybe not. One thing I have found is that there are very few high trim level Powerboosts sitting in inventory right now in Arizona.

Curious how others are seeing the market right now.
Not this Gen, but I cannot sell my 2015 Plat to save my life. Nada and Kelly say $34k (for my area) and I have it listed at $29k and I cant even get a hit on it. Its in perfect condition, average miles and a ton of aftermarket goodies, cold air intake, dual exhaust, clear bra and door edges, light bar and LEDS all the way around... Nothing.

I think for those that have to finance the high interest rates are stopping sales. Ive got about 792 and I qualify for a 6.75%. Forget it... I think thats whats hurting sales. Plus inventory is back.

marekjk

First Name
Marek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ F150 Powerboost Lariat
There are some dealers here in north Texas (DFW) that are selling Platinum PBs at 6-8k under MSRP. Haven’t seen a single limited though. Example below.

They will however force you into paying 1k for a tint and all weather mats, then try to get you to pay another 1k for a spray in liner…. So it’s not all sunshine and rainbows. There will be some haggling.

https://www.mcdavidford.com/new/For...h/Dallas-a20d5def0a0e081d1f8c169e13f7ee6b.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
turbopilot

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
There are some dealers here in north Texas (DFW) that are selling Platinum PBs at 6-8k under MSRP. Haven’t seen a single limited though. Example below.

They will however force you into paying 1k for a tint and all weather mats, then try to get you to pay another 1k a spray in liner…. So it’s no all sunshine and rainbows. There will be some haggling.

https://www.mcdavidford.com/new/For...h/Dallas-a20d5def0a0e081d1f8c169e13f7ee6b.htm
We ended our discussion with my offer of $4.5k under sticker. They would not take it. I may just order a 2024 and go through the agony of that process.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
my dealer adds in front window tint and spray in bed liner for 1k
but like everything else its negotiable. i got my truck with a "free" spray in liner.
it was one of those factory cant do things DELETE. so I wiggled them out of it. i paid the 200 for tint as a good will move

i have not seen one limited within my 60 mile radius.

dallas and bigger cities yes.

interest rates right now with above 750 score are better at ford credit than many other lenders
they even beat my credit union

i will say for the next 20 months that factory sponsored interest rates will be better than most
you would think that some places would be trying to beat factory sponsored rates.
a big dealer here tries to use anyone except FMC first to get better returns from those lenders
we always go in pre approved from FMC or the lower rate lender prior to stepping foot on the lot
but as always....anything can happen

Sponsored

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
Any reason why you want to go from a '21 Platinum to a '23 Limited with the same engine? Does the Limited have any deletes? Seems odd to swap to the newer truck when the only difference is the leather.

OP
OP
turbopilot

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Any reason why you want to go from a '21 Platinum to a '23 Limited with the same engine? Does the Limited have any deletes? Seems odd to swap to the newer truck when the only difference is the leather.
Not really. But with reports of 5% to 10% discounts off sticker plus the $2k email rebate from Ford, it seemed like a good time to test. Arizona market appears to be too hot for the high trim PB's right now. I think that will change in time.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
Not really. But with reports of 5% to 10% discounts off sticker plus the $2k email rebate from Ford, it seemed like a good time to test. Arizona market appears to be too hot for the high trim PB's right now. I think that will change in time.
Fair enough. Seems like there are several '23 Limited's in Ohio. Not sure if all are spoken for but seems like most of them are ~$5k off MSRP. If you end up finding one make sure you double and triple check the options and window sticker because you may end up giving up an option "upgrading" and not realize it until it's too late.

OP
OP
turbopilot

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Fair enough. Seems like there are several '23 Limited's in Ohio. Not sure if all are spoken for but seems like most of them are ~$5k off MSRP. If you end up finding one make sure you double and triple check the options and window sticker because you may end up giving up an option "upgrading" and not realize it until it's too late.
For the Platinum and Limited PB's coming off the line in the last few months, the only thing of value to me that would be lost is the bed camera delete and maybe that can be added later.

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost Market Pricing Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 5.53.59 PM

troy12n

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 SCRW 5.0
Not this Gen, but I cannot sell my 2015 Plat to save my life. Nada and Kelly say $34k (for my area) and I have it listed at $29k and I cant even get a hit on it. Its in perfect condition, average miles and a ton of aftermarket goodies, cold air intake, dual exhaust, clear bra and door edges, light bar and LEDS all the way around... Nothing.
The reality is, your 8 year old truck isn't worth that. The used vehicle (including trucks) market is in a freefall right now, and dealers have used cars they can't sell for what they (over)paid for them 3-6 months ago.

That's the reality of it. NADA/Kelly Blue Book / JD Power valuations are lagging a little, but watch them drop like a rock soon.

The used car boom is over and people just aren't willing to pay 35 grand, or 29 grand, for an 8 year old truck, LED's or not, sorry man.
Sponsored