Sponsored

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
I might be the only person here who doesn’t hate the way it looks (in TRD PRO form mostly. Minus the red interior, assume that’s not a requirement). But I actually had high hopes for the hybrid system from Toyota being a step up from the Powerboost seeing as Toyota is pretty much the hybrid leader. Disappointing to see it’s the same if not a little worse, along with no generator. I will be very interested to see how the execution is in actual driving compared to Powerboost
I don't hate it....TRD Pro....even the SR5 are OK.
Few oddities here and there make it sort of weird,but till I see one in person who knows.
Nothing ground breaking or amazing tho....they sort of caught up to the F150....but not really.
It's an option now....before the mpg of the 5.7L and the dated interior were non starters for me.....

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
The interior is trash

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
"According to Toyota representatives who spoke to The Drive, a full-size truck doesn't need the extra packaging benefits of switching to a more compact lithium-ion battery."

AKA We lost a lot of space for storage in the cab but saved money using old batteries.
Wow that is worse than I thought. That's so much in cab storage space that's gone now. And the battery isn't even higher capacity than the PB!

Only advantage I can see is that there's no danger for the battery being hit by objects on the ground, which explains why it's on their TRD Pro line.

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Also, you can't get the hybrid in the SR5, where you can in most trims of the F150, like the XLT I ordered.

I would say the payload numbers will be interesting to see when they start getting posted.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
LOL, I love Toyotas but...
That's Coyote ugly...If I woke up with my arm around a Tundra I'd chew my arm off just to get away without waking it up...:eek:

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hopefully it looks better in person.
I would not be surprised if the hybrid offers a 1500w inverter, similar to our 2021 Sienna hybrid.

130 Ghost_Riders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB
Skipping the generator was a major misstep for them and then they kept the cab low and intruded on interior storage by putting the battery under the seat so now you don’t have the flat back and there is almost no room for anything to be under the seat. Oh well, I have mine on ord and I’ll probably keep it for 10+ years like my current 08 truck so poorly jumping on the bandwagon that Ford made won’t be any help for them
Sponsored