rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Hopefully it looks better in person.
I would not be surprised if the hybrid offers a 1500w inverter, similar to our 2021 Sienna hybrid.
No inverter, no pro power inverter, probably just 400w inverter.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
Looks are subjective and it's not for me, but as a product I have to say Toyota does make a damn good argument for themselves here. They've pretty much mastered Hybrid tech. Embrace competition, it keeps everyone on their A-game!

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Looks are subjective and it's not for me, but as a product I have to say Toyota does make a damn good argument for themselves here. They've pretty much mastered Hybrid tech. Embrace competition, it keeps everyone on their A-game!
Or in this case hopefully Ford doesn’t look at them and say… dang… we could have put a lot less effort into it.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
everybody is saying the hybrid works until you hit 18mph.

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
Or in this case hopefully Ford doesn’t look at them and say… dang… we could have put a lot less effort into it.
When you look at current competition they could've put a lot less effort into the 14th generation as a whole, and they'd still have been ahead of everyone else.

Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
I regularly drive at 30 - 45 mph using battery only. I am consistently getting about 40% electric miles. I am at 23.8 mpg average. Limiting to 18 mph would significantly reduce the overall mpg.

A 1.5Kw Lithium Ion battery will weigh significantly less than a Nickel Metal Hydride battery. That will affect mpg and towing capacity.

Losing all my backseat under seat storage would suck. The Powerboost battery is above the muffler/gas tank by the cross frame member, which is well out of the way from any road debris and leaves all the space in the cab.

I don't use my truck for work, but having the 7.2 Kw generator has come in handy a few times even right in town. That is the biggest selling point of the Powerboost to me and second is the mpg.

How about the tailgate, work surface, messaging seats (my wife loves after trip to FL and back), and power deployable running board?

Liquid-Todd_AZ

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Occupation
Sales
I regularly drive at 30 - 45 mph using battery only. I am consistently getting about 40% electric miles. I am at 23.8 mpg average. Limiting to 18 mph would significantly reduce the overall mpg.

A 1.5Kw Lithium Ion battery will weigh significantly less than a Nickel Metal Hydride battery. That will affect mpg and towing capacity.

Losing all my backseat under seat storage would suck. The Powerboost battery is above the muffler/gas tank by the cross frame member, which is well out of the way from any road debris and leaves all the space in the cab.

I don't use my truck for work, but having the 7.2 Kw generator has come in handy a few times even right in town. That is the biggest selling point of the Powerboost to me and second is the mpg.

How about the tailgate, work surface, messaging seats (my wife loves after trip to FL and back), and power deployable running board?

Liquid-Todd_AZ

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Occupation
Sales
The Toyota Tundra is now officially in a race to the bottom with the Nissan Titan. Toyota should stick with the taco and not try to compete with the Gen 14! ?

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
I didn't mention Blue Cruise, Aluminum Body (weight savings for mpg), zone lighting, bumpers, and FORScan to make the ever important Double Honk delete!

Wonder if it will have darn backup donk donk?

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Dunno. I like my Powerboost but I like the new Tundra also. I think the exterior is passable, and the interiors are very nice. Though it doesn’t have BlueCruise or ProPower. Had it been out, I’d have at least looked at it.

Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
...Losing all my backseat under seat storage would suck. The Powerboost battery is above the muffler/gas tank by the cross frame member, which is well out of the way from any road debris and leaves all the space in the cab...
I agree and the tunnel is pretty tall as well. The large flat floor on the F150 was a huge selling point to me. I honestly assumed all were flat but after seeing the Tundra I looked at Ram (flat) and Chevy, it has a small hump.

Last edited:

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
The back seat setup feels smaller than a f150. the flat floor is a big misstep. I had a trip where I was able to put a cooler and other things in my cab, no problem. the Work surface, I would miss if I bought a tundra. I love the fact the rear window goes down, wish Ford would do that. I was looking at about $60g on a tundra limited In 21, ill Add 5Gs at least for a 2022. Amp research bed steps r going to be a must..I expect prices will go up those. I got one one my f150 vs the tailgate step. tall people and the moon roof r going to an issue in the back seat in the tundra…the lack of tow hooks surprised me.…. Love the fact the air damper in the front folds up in the new tundra…Ford should do that..IF U WANT TO MAKE $ become a Toyota salesperson…I’d be very surprised if the TRD pro doesnt cost $70gs before tax…u thought Ford was selling at sticker was bad, this will be the year u see so much demand for the tundra and no one will get a good deal on one at Toyota. i like the idea of the tundras suspension on a Ford…air and coils… Next generation of fords could follow Toyota..

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Would be nice if Ford put a 12v up in the dash storage tray area for those of us that tow and need to power a monitor or camera system, especially when the powerboost loses the one in the dash for a silly circuit breaker that could have been put somewhere else.

Ford F-150 2022 Toyota Tundra is Going After the F-150 PowerBoost 1632259606851

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
The front end of that Toyota looks like the large mouth bass I catch. Good looking fish but ugly truck. Just my two cents worth.

Coopdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Toyota Tundra
May be an unpopular opinion but I do feel like the Tundra has some great paint color options. Hopefully Ford can continue to expand their options.
Sponsored