2022 Toyota Tundra is Going After the F-150 PowerBoost

Would you rather?

• Total voters

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I wonder if the Tremor will get the powerboost(hopefully) since the TRD pro is only available with the hybrid?
Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
"F" Toyota. They are now waking up - to bad. I'll stay with Ford. My wife is the Toyota 4-Runner fan (not I). For yrs through customer feedback I had asked Toyota to get their shit together on safety features and larger nav screen. The been behind the tech phase for yrs. Now they want to wake up - haha.

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
When looking at new trucks to replace my old 2015 f150 Lariat back in April, I heard about the new Tundra coming out. After looking for so long for my 2021 limited and not able to find one on the lot I was actually waiting to see what the new Tundra looked like. I am very happy I decide to go with my 2021 limited PB, Looks way nicer then the new Tundra, I think toyota didnt do enough with the new design.

gpbst3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
Toyota engineers must hate under seat storage. I dont know why they boxed in the storage. You can only gain access by lifting up the seats. I have kids in car seats. That storage bin will never see the light of day. Why not sell a bin as an accessory?

I saw an interview where they said the hybrid was designed for performance not fuel efficiency. Im curious where the MPG will be rated.

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Toyota engineers must hate under seat storage. I dont know why they boxed in the storage. You can only gain access by lifting up the seats. I have kids in car seats. That storage bin will never see the light of day. Why not sell a bin as an accessory?

I saw an interview where they said the hybrid was designed for performance not fuel efficiency. Im curious where the MPG will be rated.
Mileage can’t be any worse than their v8. I would hope that they targeted powerboost mpg.

Sponsored

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
IMHO the 1794 TRD is the only decent looking truck. Toyota doesn't let you order from the factory so you're stuck with whatever TOYOTA allocates on a build, so you have to shop, shop, shop for what you want.

I'll stick with my FORD, and stay away from TOYOTA until they decide to change their business model.

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
IMHO the 1794 TRD is the only decent looking truck. Toyota doesn't let you order from the factory so you're stuck with whatever TOYOTA allocates on a build, so you have to shop, shop, shop for what you want.

I'll stick with my FORD, and stay away from TOYOTA until they decide to change their business model.
We found a dealer who let us order a 2021 sienna exactly how we wanted and it was delivered within 6 weeks.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
We found a dealer who let us order a 2021 sienna exactly how we wanted and it was delivered within 6 weeks.
They found a car exactly how you wanted it. You can't custom order as you can on Ford build and price website

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
It looks like a GMC Sierra ate an Igloo cooler.
I totally agree! I had a 2008 Toyota Tundra and just sold it this past year. I loved the beefy look of it. They have now changed it into half Silverado, half some hideous looking thing. Interior is horrible. Looks like they simply took a table and smashed it into the dashboard. I don't believe this is going to go over well for Toyota folks (of which I was one). I predict everyone will go for the Ford or Ram.

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
They found a car exactly how you wanted it. You can't custom order as you can on Ford build and price website
Then we won the lottery to find a special color, with a different color interior, and a spare tire that doesn’t even show up on toyota’s website when you choose the package we chose.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

Really? Seems like a poor business decision.

But who knows, customizing a Corolla doesn’t seem exactly like a Corolla buyer’s forte….

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I used to be a Toyota guy but the Tundra keeps getting uglier and uglier. No underseat storage is a deal killer. And how about listing some fuel mileage numbers?? So glad I got a Powerboost instead of waiting on the new Tundra.
Sponsored