First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Edge, 2018 F150
Occupation
Retired Aeorspace
I ordered a Lariat on 12/28. The dealer said it might take up to 6 months. They assigned a priority 10. I called customer service and the gal gave me my VIN #, but that was all. I keep checking the order tracking site and it keeps saying no info is available. What does it mean that I have a VIN #? I have not received any emails from Ford with a build date. I checked back with the dealer to make sure they had my correct email.
Sponsored

ISLANDF150

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT FX4 3.5L Ecoboost
I ordered a Lariat on 12/28. The dealer said it might take up to 6 months. They assigned a priority 10. I called customer service and the gal gave me my VIN #, but that was all. I keep checking the order tracking site and it keeps saying no info is available. What does it mean that I have a VIN #? I have not received any emails from Ford with a build date. I checked back with the dealer to make sure they had my correct email.
Are you in Canada or US? I believe the trackers are still down for both CAN and US. And if in Canada we don't get emails from Ford and Ford Corporate could only see my order was in process. I received VIN and build week from my dealer. Priority code only matters for the dealer you ordered from. Once you have a VIN you should have a scheduled build week so I would ask your dealer if they can see that info

Bama Elliott

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Aeorspace
I am in the US (Abama). That's odd, because when I went to my dealer to verify my email, I mentioned that customer service had given me my VIN. They said, "Wow you must know somebody". I guess that was because of their estimate of up to 6 months for delivery. Does a VIN number indicate that the build date is near? If so, what's a ballpark idea of time.

ISLANDF150

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am in the US (Abama). That's odd, because when I went to my dealer to verify my email, I mentioned that customer service had given me my VIN. They said, "Wow you must know somebody". I guess that was because of their estimate of up to 6 months for delivery. Does a VIN number indicate that the build date is near? If so, what's a ballpark idea of time.
Maybe someone from US can chime in to confirm but from what I understand if you have a VIN you should have a build week. I would assume around late Feb most likely is where most seem to be saying they are scheduled for lately. But your dealer should be able to see that info and tell you.

Bama Elliott

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Aeorspace
Thanks for the info. I will hit them up again. It is a small dealership so I don't know how good they are at the special order process

Sponsored

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 For F150 Platinum
Hello folks,
Figured I register and get in the conversations.
I ordered a 2021 F150 Platinum 8/25/21. Of course that fell through. Ford stopped taking 2021 orders.
Anyway, I ordered the same exact truck but 2022 on 10/20.
Just received my vin # on 01/11/22. Went to the tracking location on ford and get the message "this vehicle is not yet available in order tracking at this time, please check back later". I'm about fed up. Somebody make me feel better about this order. Thanks

Attachments

Aj1737

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Just FYI for fellow Canadians, I called that # but that's for US, Ford Corporate for Canada is 1-800-565-3673. I have VIN and build week from dealer. Ford Corporate could only provide that the order was in processing. They don't see build week I guess she said. Also, confirmed that we won't get email updates from Ford on our orders in Canada and we can't use any tracking sites.
This is from the Ford Canada website: “Visit the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking page.”
https://www.ford.ca/support/how-tos...pport/what-is-the-status-of-my-vehicle-order/

ISLANDF150

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Bama Elliott

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Aeorspace
Is the order tracking system down???

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor

Sponsored

Bama Elliott

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Aeorspace
Thanks!! Anybody know when it will be up?

stans2000

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150

JohnnyBoy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
'22 F150 501 Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
chef
Does a VIN number indicate that the build date is near? If so, what's a ballpark idea of time.
I ordered in Oct., got VIN in Nov. I'm on my fifth build date, so build date is basically worthless. Just gets you excited about getting your truck and then you get the old Lucy/Charlie Brown football action. It seems like In Production/Built or maybe even Delivered would be the only good message.
Sponsored