Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Hi. Ordered a new 157" F150 Platinum with Powerboost 1/20/2021... 157"s non-existent in Texas at this point. Been to several dealers. Placed an "order" last week. Here "order" = we agreed on preview order sheet options and pricing and they took my deposit.... I signed nothing but the credit card charge. After haggling the dealer 5 days later they emailed a sheet showing the same "preview order" info.. at the bottom it says not summited to the order bank.

Feels like a runaround...
  1. What are the actual dealer/Ford order steps?
  2. What does priority have to do with it?
  3. What should I ask to see from the stealership to confirm an order is placed?
  4. Finally, how does the average Joe determine dealer allocation (I know allocation used to be a huge deal... my last order was a C6 Corvette.)?
Thanks for helping out.
Sponsored

PGA

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Hi. Ordered a new 157" F150 Platinum with Powerboost 1/20/2021... 157"s non-existent in Texas at this point. Been to several dealers. Placed an "order" last week. Here "order" = we agreed on preview order sheet options and pricing and they took my deposit.... I signed nothing but the credit card charge. After haggling the dealer 5 days later they emailed a sheet showing the same "preview order" info.. at the bottom it says not summited to the order bank.

Feels like a runaround...
  1. What are the actual dealer/Ford order steps?
  2. What does priority have to do with it?
  3. What should I ask to see from the stealership to confirm an order is placed?
  4. Finally, how does the average Joe determine dealer allocation (I know allocation used to be a huge deal... my last order was a C6 Corvette.)?
Thanks for helping out.

1. Not positive
2. Dealers assign a priority to your order usual 10 or above, the lower the number the sooner it will be picked up from that dealers allocation. Let's say the dealership has ten orders place the same day for trucks. Yours is priority 19 and the other nine are priority 15. The other nine trucks will be scheduled before yours. Most dealers I 've dealt with use the same priority code for each order.
3. You need to ask the sales person for a copy of your submitted order, it will be the same preview order form except at the bottom it will not say it has not been submitted.
4. Dealer allocation you are not going to determine unless the dealer wants to tell you. It is based on previous vehicles sold.

Hope this helps!

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
I thought everyone might be interested in this. Doesn't apply to most but could be helpful to new purchasers. Found on the Blue Oval Forums.

Attachments

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Posted on Blue Oval today

Scheduling Notes
  • On Thursday, April 29th, Edge, Explorer, F150, Mustang, Mach E, Super Duty, Transit, Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect Van orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 21MY Bronco Scheduling – Please confirm your unscheduled retail reservation orders in WBDO are correct with the customer prior to them being scheduled. Going forward, serialized orders cannot be cancelled or spec changed. We will continue to schedule retails within allocation and constraints that are buildable at the plant.
  • All OTD Vehicle Line Scheduling - Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the OTD Fitness orders.
  • 2021 MY OTD Retail Bronco Sport Entity/Options Balance Out - The final order due date for retail 2021MY Bronco Sport orders with the following entity/options, requiring incremental allocation was close of business Tuesday, April 13. Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the retail and stock orders with these configurations/options.
  • Badland Series (400A)
  • Big Bend Package (96P)
  • Outer Banks Package (96T)
  • Badlands Package (96X)
  • 18” Optional Big Bend Wheel (64M)
Balance Out Information
  • 21MY Super Duty Balance Out – Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off.
  • 21MY Explorer Job #2 Balance Out – Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off for 21MY Explorer Job#2 orders.

Sponsored

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet

Scheduling Notes
  • On Thursday, April 29th, Edge, Explorer, F150, Mustang, Mach E, Super Duty, Transit, Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect Van orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 21MY Bronco Scheduling – Please confirm your unscheduled retail reservation orders in WBDO are correct with the customer prior to them being scheduled. Going forward, serialized orders cannot be cancelled or spec changed. We will continue to schedule retails within allocation and constraints that are buildable at the plant.
  • All OTD Vehicle Line Scheduling - Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the OTD Fitness orders.
  • 2021 MY OTD Retail Bronco Sport Entity/Options Balance Out - The final order due date for retail 2021MY Bronco Sport orders with the following entity/options, requiring incremental allocation was close of business Tuesday, April 13. Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the retail and stock orders with these configurations/options.
  • Badland Series (400A)
  • Big Bend Package (96P)
  • Badlands Package (96X)
Balance Out Information
  • 21MY Super Duty Balance Out – Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off.
  • 21MY Explorer Job #2 Balance Out – Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off for 21MY Explorer Job#2 orders.
You should post this as its own thread. Folks should see this. Thanks for sharing!

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW

Scheduling Notes
  • Badland Series (400A)
  • Big Bend Package (96P)
  • Badlands Package (96X)
Balance Out Information

What does it mean in plain English for someone who's looking to place an order for 2021 F-150?
Sponsored