First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
The ones for Dealerships should arrive in November late, but the retail (customer) builds will start in December it looks like...
Out of curiosity, with these trucks being built in less than a day once the plants are running, why does it take up to 2 months to arrive at the dealer?
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Out of curiosity, with these trucks being built in less than a day once the plants are running, why does it take up to 2 months to arrive at the dealer?
Too cheap to pay for Amazon Prime shipping :p

This from google:
-----------
How long does it take Ford to build an f150?
approximately 20 hours

How long does it take to build a Ford F-150? According to Justin Dugan, who hosts American Trucks' video, it takes approximately 20 hours to build an F-150. Break that down even further, and Ford sends a complete F-150 truck down the line every 53 seconds.

People also ask
How many Ford f150 are built each day?
Over the past three years, Ford averaged about 900,000 F-150's sold per year. If you divide that by 365, it sells 2,486 F-150 trucks per day, every day.
------------

Some day I just want to be one of the 2,486 lucky customers!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
My understanding is not just job1 but Okay to Buy must be achieved to schedule retail orders.How long that takes, I am not sure. A few hundred trucks is what I have heard, which could be a days work easy.

Anyone have insight to this?
You are right but OKTB is essentially Job1. I'm not sure of the actual number that have to be produced without a set QC level.

I have heard there have been some vendor issues with fit and finish that were being addressed but that was several weeks ago. Haven't heard much lately but suppose to this week.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Broken record time...

Ford cannot afford to get this wrong. If the fit, finish, powertrain, technology, or anything else fails to meet expectations it is going to be bad news (and all over this forum).

GM is going to refresh the Silverado/Sierra for 2022. Dodge is going into their third model year with the current truck and I'm sure they are preparing to respond. Toyota is bringing a new Tundra to market for 2022. The new F-150, but all accounts, is going to be a huge leap forward. They are likely not going to lure die-hard GM fans over, but this truck will bring in Toyota, Nissan, and Dodge customer (and maybe those GM guys who are not as loyal).

All of that to say, be patient while Ford gets production nailed down and I think you will be rewarded.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Too cheap to pay for Amazon Prime shipping :p

This from google:
-----------
How long does it take Ford to build an f150?
approximately 20 hours

How long does it take to build a Ford F-150? According to Justin Dugan, who hosts American Trucks' video, it takes approximately 20 hours to build an F-150. Break that down even further, and Ford sends a complete F-150 truck down the line every 53 seconds.

People also ask
How many Ford f150 are built each day?
Over the past three years, Ford averaged about 900,000 F-150's sold per year. If you divide that by 365, it sells 2,486 F-150 trucks per day, every day.
------------

Some day I just want to be one of the 2,486 lucky customers!
Good to know! haha. I was more wondering why is takes weeks and weeks for it to arrive to the dealer from the factory though. Mine is technically slated to be built 11/30. Im just hoping it shows before New Years.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Good to know! haha. I was more wondering why is takes weeks and weeks for it to arrive to the dealer from the factory though. Mine is technically slated to be built 11/30. Im just hoping it shows before New Years.
West Coast is the main reason but it should not take no where near that long. Just hope your baby gets build on schedule and see her before Christmas.

In the past there has been some rail issues for various reasons, maybe this year won't be one of them.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
West Coast is the main reason but it should not take no where near that long. Just hope your baby gets build on schedule and see her before Christmas.

In the past there has been some rail issues for various reasons, maybe this year won't be one of them.
Thanks bro! Fingers crossed over here it all goes smoothly. Just wondering if maybe the tow mirrors was a bit much but overall can’t wait to get her built and delivered. Any update on the KR?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks bro! Fingers crossed over here it all goes smoothly. Just wondering if maybe the tow mirrors was a bit much but overall can’t wait to get her built and delivered. Any update on the KR?
I'm a tow mirror have to have. Once you go tow you can't go back jack. Lol

No change on my KR, still showing 13 Nov. Hasn't changed for several weeks now so maybe things are settled in with the plan.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

No change on my KR, still showing 13 Nov. Hasn't changed for several weeks now so maybe things are settled in with the plan.
Im hoping that is the case for me too. Tow mirrors also look better once it’s leveled and lifted.
Hopefully things start moving for ya soon and for all of us haha

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Im hoping that is the case for me too. Tow mirrors also look better once it’s leveled and lifted.
Hopefully things start moving for ya soon and for all of us haha
I'm thinking the tow mirrors will make mine look more like a 250 but I'll be able to park in the garage easier than I currently can! A 250 is too long (and tall I think) to clear.

Which Sac dealer did you go with? I went back to my San Jose dealer where I got my 2017 to put in my order but I did try Folsom and they weren't as willing at the time to order.

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I'm thinking the tow mirrors will make mine look more like a 250 but I'll be able to park in the garage easier than I currently can! A 250 is too long (and tall I think) to clear.

Which Sac dealer did you go with? I went back to my San Jose dealer where I got my 2017 to put in my order but I did try Folsom and they weren't as willing at the time to order.
I’ll never go back to not having the fisheye and tow mirrors. I also think that the side badges and front fascia (especially lariat chrome) feel very super-duty like. A level on the stock 33” tires will look very good. No quite a tall due to tire width, but similar.

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
I was on fence for tow mirrors...but decided with super crew and 6.5 foot bed I needed them.

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3

I'm with Curry Bob. Although this is going to be my first F150, and I was skeptical about the TT Mirrors, after checking them out at the Drive event in Orlando, and reading all of the positive posts from F150 owners, I knew I did the right thing by including them on my build.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

hit up Justin at Future Ford of Sacramento. Tell him Mike referred you.
Sponsored