Sponsored

bigbulls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Is there an address for eliminating the time delay that exists when closing a door to being able to lock it by pressing the button on the door handle? This is a pet peeve of mine; a quick run through of the the DDM/PDM spreadsheet didn’t reveal anything obvious.
Yes this please. I just thought it wasn't working right. I just give up and walk away and dig the fob out of pocket and hit lock. It does work just have to stand there and wait. The wife's Lexus I jump out swipe finger and it locks instantly.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I move slow enough that I can live with the delay. But I have on occasion been ahead of the delay.
The Mach-E doesn't have door handles, but does have a touch-lock button in the B & C pillars. It too seems to have a slight delay if you are in a rush.

I wonder how similar the code is?

Last edited:

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I know it’s not necessarily an answer to that question, but using the keypad to lock it works immediately after jumping out.
Yep, learning the keypad shortcuts was the best thing I ever did, couldn't live without it now. Went from never using it to use it every day.

Dvcpro13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5L Ecoboost 502a Agate Black
Yep, learning the keypad shortcuts was the best thing I ever did, couldn't live without it now. Went from never using it to use it every day.
Same. I hop out and push the bottom 2 buttons simultaneously and walk away. I find that button on the handle clunky.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I know it’s not necessarily an answer to that question, but using the keypad to lock it works immediately after jumping out.
Indeed. That's been in fords for over 2 decades now. 7/8 9/0 buttons together = instant lock.

I played with the factory handle lock button a couple times but found it cumbersome and defaulted to keypad locking. The hand is right there when closing the door so it's a given

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
are these in the owners manual? i know about the lock (bottom two buttons) but i've been told you can release the tail gate and honestly have never looked into it. i usually unlock the truck open the door and hit the button or just open it.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
[
Is there an address for eliminating the time delay that exists when closing a door to being able to lock it by pressing the button on the door handle? This is a pet peeve of mine; a quick run through of the the DDM/PDM spreadsheet didn’t reveal anything obvious.
From what I understand and read on this forum - and I maybe wrong (for the first time in my life again) - it is because of the battery SOC that causes the delay. I remember seeing that a member changed his battery and that delay went away.

AussieSteveGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innov8.ag
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat Crew Cab
are these in the owners manual? i know about the lock (bottom two buttons) but i've been told you can release the tail gate and honestly have never looked into it. i usually unlock the truck open the door and hit the button or just open it.
While we're on the topic of "tricks" our trucks can do, one I learned recently that I love and use often is to push the '5' button (middle one) on the door keypad immediately after entering your unlock code to drop the tailgate

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties
On my Powerboost the Speed PID in the truck indicates a slower speed than the speedometer on the dash.

Interestingly, Bluecruise is limited to 80mph by code, and yet I can lock it in at 81mph indicted (on speedometer).
Since the speed PID is at a fraction below 80mph still, that would indicate the limit-code is not using the dashboard speed.
At 82 indicated, the PID finally exceeds 80. It's 80.xx, and Bluecruise disables.

On I-10 between San Antonio and Houston, I need a hack to increase the Bluecruise limit about 2-3mph to match the flow of traffic. :)
You could make your tires "smaller" in Forscan. I've considered this as well since the speed limit on 130 Toll is 80-85mph.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Hans Moleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT 302A Powerboost FX4 Sport
I have. 2023 PB and my transmission is experiencing some harshness during down shifts so I want to clear adaptive transmission tables using Forscan but I have a few questions:

1. If I clear the adaptive transmission tables using Forscan, will the dealer be able to tell I did it? If this doesn’t work and I still have to bring it to the dealer to check out I don’t them to give me grief about it.

2. Should I also clear the PCM?

backcountryplatinum

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum PowerBoost BAP
Hi folks- 2022 powerboost I adjusted tire size the “easy” way by manually inserting my new circumference in MM. I didn’t write down the original value (2500 something). Is there a way to find out the original value? Is there a way to get the BCM back to original? I didn’t save anything as I haven’t modded anything before and you can’t save easy mode. Rookie move.

thanks!

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Hi folks- 2022 powerboost I adjusted tire size the “easy” way by manually inserting my new circumference in MM. I didn’t write down the original value (2500 something). Is there a way to find out the original value? Is there a way to get the BCM back to original? I didn’t save anything as I haven’t modded anything before and you can’t save easy mode. Rookie move.

thanks!
If you've just made the change and it hasn't updated on the Ford cloud yet, you can still download your original As-Built information and find the original values in it.

Index - FordServiceInfo.Com (motorcraftservice.com)

backcountryplatinum

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum PowerBoost BAP