First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
does anyone know if teh 2021 F-150 has the ability to turn off the driver seatbelt warning system, as was available on prior year Ford trucks? It was a PITA to do, but was right in the owners manual.
Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
does anyone know if teh 2021 F-150 has the ability to turn off the driver seatbelt warning system, as was available on prior year Ford trucks? It was a PITA to do, but was right in the owners manual.
Right now the latest Forscan beta can only edit 2 of the 3 different Instrument Panels and the body control module.

I reached out to the Forscan team and he said it's going to take time. The new module configs are not mapped out yet. So I assume they are waiting till they can test with the other modules before allowing users to edit them and screw up their vehicles

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
Just got around to connecting forscan last night... I did not mess with any of the belt chimes, but I swear I did see them listed in the BCM(?)

FWIW, I was able to enable bambi mode and disable that godforsaken double-honk with no issues. I also edited the fob panic button setting to require a double-press instead of the default single-press.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Just got around to connecting forscan last night... I did not mess with any of the belt chimes, but I swear I did see them listed in the BCM(?)

FWIW, I was able to enable bambi mode and disable that godforsaken double-honk with no issues. I also edited the fob panic button setting to require a double-press instead of the default single-press.
Can you link me where the best place to buy forscan is?

Sponsored

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
pretty sure it's free to download, you'll have to buy an obdII plug in tool off amazon. search forscan at the f150 forums site.
@Longhorngary is correct; there is no actual cost for the forscan software. You will require a license in order to make any changes to your vehicle, though... you can generate a temporary license on the forscan.org site that lasts a few weeks free of charge. After expiration, you'll need to generate a new license in order to make any more changes.

If you plan to use the software often, or just want to support the development, you can also purchase a "lifetime" license that's good for... well, you know. =)

As you likely know, you'll need a reader device to plug into the ODB port in your vehicle. I purchased the OBDLink MX2 for around $60-ish and it works fine, but there is no shortage of other devices, both wired and wireless. It's not the most intuitive software by any measure, but there's a ton of great documentation with all the info you'll need.

Hivolt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 4x4 super crew, max tow, 400hp 302
Does anybody know if there is a way to get rid of the timer on the ac recirc mode? Like a setting in forscan? It’s a long shot, I know, but I’m tired of smelling all the smells of the road over my new truck smell.
I am interested in this also. Mine only stays on for one minute at time and I travel through heavy city freeway traffic to and from work. The dealer says it is working as intended.

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I am interested in this also. Mine only stays on for one minute at time and I travel through heavy city freeway traffic to and from work. The dealer says it is working as intended.
This is something I would be interested in myself. If someone figures it out, please post here

mikey1988

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F150 XLT fx4 reg cab V8, '79 Ford Granada
Occupation
steel mill worker
So when you switch to High Beams, It leaves the Low Beams lit, and you can also independently put your fog lights on, regardless of high or low?

Does this impact the automatic High Beams?
i have enabled bambi mode and auto high beams work flawlessly on my 2021 xlt i even swapped out the factory halogen bulbs for leds and they still work great
Sponsored