Forscan Wish List?

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
A lot of people are doing some great work figuring out the Forscan codes, testing, and reporting. A hearty "THANK YOU" to all of you putting in the time, effort and generously sharing the knowledge base with others!!!

As for myself, I am still working up the courage to dive in and make some changes to my own truck, but I think I'm almost there....

I regularly check the link provided by Livingitup for the latest updated spreadsheet (thank you Livingitup!), and download the latest. There are a few features listed on the spreadsheet that I plan to address on my own truck, however there are a number of things that I would really like to change, but they are not on the spreadsheet (yet). That begs the question: Is there a Forscan "wish list" someplace? A place where you can list the modifications that you'd like to see made available (assuming it can even be addressed through Forscan)? These people are doing great work - work that I don't fully understand - so, I feel a little sheepish to even ask...
Sponsored

Tall Tail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SuperCrew XLT 302A 4x4 5.0L 3.31
One on my wishlist is to configure the minimum cruise control speed.
I'd also like to be able to add trail control to a 302A.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I requested what I thought was a huge reach for the Forscan guru(s) to provide me with. I felt it was a reach because it was related to a module that very few would be interested in messing with, since it's only applicable for CCD equipped trucks.

Much to my surprise, they (he?) had already mapped the module out and pointed me to it.

Admittedly I was a little timid messing with the values, but a short lesson in HEX had me confident enough to try a couple of experiments. :)

Very pleased with the results and so I encourage you to "dive in", as you put it, and take your time to learn as much as you can.

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost Lariat 2WD
I would like to politely request this modification:

Disable the “Hands on Steering Wheel” nanny when Lane Assist is on. Most annoying thing my truck does hands down. Can I not just hold the wheel? Why do I have to give it a handie-jerk every 5 seconds or it yells at me? I feel harassed. Ford? Bueller?

:D:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
FirstFord

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To be clear, it wasn't necessarily my intention for this thread to morph into becoming the wish list - I was asking the forum if anyone knew if such a list existed, and if so, where can I find it? If this thread does morph into becoming the wish list, there is no guarantee that the Forscan gurus will even see it or read it.

Snakebitten - I don't want to put words in your mouth, but it sounds like you're saying that I'm on my own, that is, I need to continue educating myself about Forscan and then just experiment and start changing codes and see how it works out. Is that right? Yikes! I don't know if I'm the guy for that! I'm getting to the point where I am almost ready to dive in and make some changes to my truck using Forscan and the spreadsheet (and tutorial) supplied by livingitup, but that's because I'll have a good road map directing me. There are too many people who are a lot smarter about this stuff (Forscan related) than I am, so I am way more comfortable letting the gurus figure it out and then update the spreadsheet. I'm not ashamed to admit that I am just too chicken to try to make these discoveries on my own.

Which brings me back full-circle to my original inquiry: Do the Forscan "magic-makers" take requests? Or are they constantly looking at everything, all the time, just chipping away at it, and victories make it to being reported on the spreadsheet? I really don't know. I am ignorant as to how this all works....

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First, the Forscan thread itself can serve as a defacto wish thread. It's not unusual for the "how do you" or "is there any way to" posts to eventually lead to the expansion of what the Forscan gurus pay attention to.

Second, I regret leaving the impression that what I did with the VDM module was what I was suggesting you or anyone else to do. :) Although it should be pointed out that I couldn't have even messed with that module if those wizards hadn't already mapped out the module. They're amazing!

I meant that you can start exactly where it sounds like you intend to, following a road map, but also to learn as much as you can about just what Forscan is capable of doing, and how the truck works with AsBuilt values, etc.

But yeah, as you become more confident and comfortable, which many do, you might decide be one of the folks that participates, or dabbles in growing that infamous spreadsheet.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I would like to politely request this modification:

Disable the “Hands on Steering Wheel” nanny when Lane Assist is on. Most annoying thing my truck does hands down. Can I not just hold the wheel? Why do I have to give it a handie-jerk every 5 seconds or it yells at me? I feel harassed. Ford? Bueller?

:D:ROFLMAO:
I see you have a 2021 model, if you have not gotten the BlueCruise round of updates (even if you don't have BC), they don't eliminate the nag to put hands on the steering wheel, but they do adjust the sensitivity of it and I hardly ever get that message anymore. Before the updates I couldn't go 30 seconds without it.

OP
OP
FirstFord

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No worries; no regrets necessary 😁.

The little bit that I have looked into the F-150 Forscan, the sheer volume of data is overwhelming! For a Forscan newbie, it's intimidating just to see ALL of the material that you have to work through, whereas the gurus already have the experience and knowledge. And the time... the TIME that it takes to go through all that! That's why I am so grateful to livingitup and the other contributors.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just start off by learning how to backup all the modules. It's a good safe way to get your feet wet. :)

It's the best thing to do first anyways!

Then pick just one simple feature you have seen/heard about that appeals to you, and try your first edit.

A good example is the "double honk" when you get out of the truck with the Fob in your pocket with the truck running.
It's a simple Forscan edit and rewarding to experience success for the first time.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Everyone on this forum has made me go from not knowing anything at all was missing from my new truck, to seeing the light on all the cool things we can change and or bring back.

My only wishlist item is a change to allow the led side spot lights to remain on past 5mph.

Sponsored

JefCo23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT SCREW FX4
Occupation
Union millwright
I’d like to have the option of when my A/C compressor runs. I have Auto HVAC and when it’s on, the mpgs drop 2+ mpg. Which leads me to believe the compressor cycles or runs the whole time.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Did some digging recently comparing multiple asbuilt files looking for a way to turn off that annoying airdam communication DTC. It doesn't turn on light or anything but I'm tired of seeing it. 🤣

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
My only wishlist item is a change to allow the led side spot lights to remain on past 5mph.
I did that on my 2015. It required a minor wiring mod tho, not a Forscan change. Probably work the same on the g14 trucks. Might be slightly different wires but also possibly the same. Lots of info on the web but this video shows it pretty clear. I didn’t cut the gray wire but used a pin tool to pull it out. Also used an actual short section of wire with soldered ends rather than a paper clip for the jumper. Could have reverted back to stock in .7 seconds but never did. Worked great.
Sponsored