First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Sparky
12/20 build with 38000 miles. Found the area and put a thin rubber isolation pad between it and the axle. Was no chaffing that I could see on the factory tape.
Sponsored

dbtgt

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A, 2024 F150 501A on order
Occupation
Retired
12/20 build with 38000 miles. Found the area and put a thin rubber isolation pad between it and the axle. Was no chaffing that I could see on the factory tape.
Following this...

COG099

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4 Powerboost
Mind sharing a pic of where it is if youhave one or describe where you found it? Probably not hard but it would be helpful for some. Thanks!

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
I'll take a look and see if I can add some innertube or electrical tape. Really pissed they rolled out the recall like this without assigning it to VINs. Looking up my vin (2022 2.7 single exhaust), there seems to be no open recalls.

Sponsored

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Mine doesn't come on unexpectedly while driving (thank goodness), but at random times it will come on while I'm shifting INTO park, or after in PARK (doors were not opened at any time).
I just thought "that's odd". Maybe there's more to it now. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
I believe there are 3 times when the Parking Brake applies automatically.

One, when you set it to, while having a trailer attached and shifting into park.

Second, if you are a little quick on lifting foot off of the brake pedal as you shift into Park.

Third is when the truck senses it's on an incline (up or down).

Where you shifting in park on an incline?

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
12/21 build. I just crawled under mine and saw contact but no damage, similar contact to the above poster. Was told by dealer to wait for a letter in September, no official procedure sent to them yet.

Irritating, as I'm one of the small crew that had software complications from the tailgate
Recall wiring job and I'd rather they not have to dig into the truck's wiring again. That bend is stiff, may have to slide under again to see what diy fixes if any look practical.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Mine doesn't come on unexpectedly while driving (thank goodness), but at random times it will come on while I'm shifting INTO park, or after in PARK (doors were not opened at any time).
I just thought "that's odd". Maybe there's more to it now. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
My 2023 has done that since day 1, if the truck knows it’s on an angle it will always apply it on its own. Guess I’ll have to hop under it and check this out.

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
Investigating further, that wiring loom is actually braced in place from ABOVE by an
Arm of the bracket next to it which is mounted to the housing. On mine I'm not slipping anything under there there unless I slip off a rubber Piece from that bracket to get the wire out from under that bracket and pull it up. Not looking to mess with it yet until I understand how it works and am sure is as simple as it looks. I don't want to break something and make it un drive able until I McGuyver new wire attachments.

I am guessing it's only been a small number of trucks having problems because it's secured by a bracket also mounted to the housing. The Axle housing doesn't contact the wiring while it's held there by something bolted to the frame or something else. It all moves together meaning it takes more abuse to wear away that wrap.

Seeing this I am not as worried for now as if that wire was held there by something that's
not attached to the axle housing right next to it. But a different bracket design lifting the wire away would be better. I could not find bolts so I am guessing maybe the bracket is welded on so throwing in basically a zip tie to secure it another way is the most practical fix.

Last edited:

Sponsored

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
Whatever, I am having surgery in a few weeks and out of work for about 6 weeks after. I will be cleared to drive right around when that letter comes in, will have all the time on the world to deal with it and the truck won't get many miles until then.

PullinSleds

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Engineer
June ‘21 build. “Houston, we have contact”

This news is literally a week after I received recall 22B34 (wheel end hub bolt due to thread variations)

Ford F-150 ⚠️ Recall: Electronic Parking Brake Unintended Activation -- affects 870K F-150 (from 2021-23 model years w/ single exhaust system) 5E621C45-8FB0-41EA-AB0B-1308F2264020

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
June ‘21 build. “Houston, we have contact”

This news is literally a week after I received recall 22B34 (wheel end hub bolt due to thread variations)

5E621C45-8FB0-41EA-AB0B-1308F2264020.jpeg
Yeah mine looks the same. On initial look, I thought it was feeding into a sensor connected to the axle housing, but the bracket actually drives it right into the axle. It's actually comically stupid how this has been put together and the angle it attaches to the bracket. There's about 3 other ways to have connected this that wouldnt have even needed the bracket.

The tail light wires were actually more concerning. They rub against the sheetmetal corners. Definitely go under and try to reinforce that area. Not sure what the best material to do this is, but I used electrical tape.

Lone wolf

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Sparky
Go to post 23, my truck is exactly the same as his photos.
Sponsored