Sponsored

Parking Brake Fault

JWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford f150 hybrid
I just purchased a 2021 Ford 150 hybrid. Everything was going great until 2 days ago I started getting a parking brake fault. By the time I got home the truck would not stop chiming release parking brake.
I know the brake is not on because i can drive the truck. Also in my driveway when I start the truck and put it in Neutral my buddy can move the truck by pushing. I can set the parking brake and release, but the truck still thinks the brake is engaged. This is my only truck so I have had to drive with the truck constantly chiming. It is going to the dealership tomorrow, but know one seems to know who to make the truck think the brake is not engaged.
Any one have this issue?
And unhooking the battery did nothing. With the battery unhooked the truck will still start. Must have a 2nd battery some where.
Sponsored

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
I just purchased a 2021 Ford 150 hybrid. Everything was going great until 2 days ago I started getting a parking brake fault. By the time I got home the truck would not stop chiming release parking brake.
I know the brake is not on because i can drive the truck. Also in my driveway when I start the truck and put it in Neutral my buddy can move the truck by pushing. I can set the parking brake and release, but the truck still thinks the brake is engaged. This is my only truck so I have had to drive with the truck constantly chiming. It is going to the dealership tomorrow, but know one seems to know who to make the truck think the brake is not engaged.
Any one have this issue?
And unhooking the battery did nothing. With the battery unhooked the truck will still start. Must have a 2nd battery some where.
There is a 12v battery under the right rear seat if you have a super crew. You have to disconnect it as well in order to do a few reset.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I accidently, quickly shifted from Park to Drive and apparently took my foot off the brake too fast and the truck (by itself) applied the parking brake and shifted from drive, to neutral, to reverse and then park all by itself.

I had no idea it could do that!

...pretty cool!!

b4hand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Carbonized Grey
It's probably a loose connector. Mine had the same problem

psambrose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2018 Mustang GT 2017 Lincoln MKZ
I accidently, quickly shifted from Park to Drive and apparently took my foot off the brake too fast and the truck (by itself) applied the parking brake and shifted from drive, to neutral, to reverse and then park all by itself.

...pretty cool!!
Lucky you weren't trying to speed away from car jackers.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Any one have this issue?
Good afternoon! We definitely want to get this parking brake issue taken care of ASAP. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local ford dealer to get started?

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited

...pretty cool!!
I kept having my parking brake engage by itself when I would exit the vehicle, kind of annoying. I know there is a setting for that, but it’s turned off.

Then I realized it was because I would open my door BEFORE I put it in park. Thought that was cool too.

But now intermently when I back in to my driveway, it engages as well and quickly flashes a message saying Parking Brake engaged. Yes it’s sloped, but ever so slightly and doesn't do it everyday.
Sponsored