Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport 2.7 EcoBoost
Occupation
Property Management
Hey guys,

just bought a 2022 F150 XLT 2.7 EcoBoost with the Sport Package on Friday. So far I love it and it’s definitely an upgrade over my old Outback.

This morning I got in and there was an error message saying there was an issue with the parking breaks and I had to take it in for service immediately. After engaging and disengaging the parking brake the message went away. I made a couple stops on my way to work this morning and the error message hasn’t come back, and there’s no alert in the MyFord app.

How concerned should I be about this and should I take it straight in?
Sponsored

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Myself, I'd wait a couple of days and see if the message comes back. I've had odd error messages the pop up then never come back, mostly dealing with camera or back up alarm inoperability. They go away and might be fixed in the next over air update. If it were something that would make the truck dangerous to drive then I'd go straight to the dealer.

OP
OP

Jakotak

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport 2.7 EcoBoost
Occupation
Property Management
Myself, I'd wait a couple of days and see if the message comes back. I've had odd error messages the pop up then never come back, mostly dealing with camera or back up alarm inoperability. They go away and might be fixed in the next over air update. If it were something that would make the truck dangerous to drive then I'd go straight to the dealer.
Yeah, I haven’t even set it before today since I’m mostly parking on flat surfaces. I figured it was some sort of bug or something but just wanted to see what everyone thought before panicking. I have tickets tonight to see the Marlins play against Ohtani and the Angels so unless it comes on again I probably won’t do anything

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Mine likes to set the parking brake for me on occasion. I think its because I'm using the auto hold function, and maybe at times my foot is still on the brake giving the appearance I need the parking brake set? Its happened on at least 2 occasions. I just reach down and turn it off, but why truck, why? lol

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Mine likes to set the parking brake for me on occasion. I think its because I'm using the auto hold function, and maybe at times my foot is still on the brake giving the appearance I need the parking brake set? Its happened on at least 2 occasions. I just reach down and turn it off, but why truck, why? lol
Mine does it as well. It's my opinion that the auto-hold has nothing to do with it. Mine seems to do it more when I park on an incline/decline and it feels the truck move enough after I shifted it in to park before it catches the transmission.

Interestedly enough though, I sat in a drive thru a few weeks ago for about 5 minutes using the auto-hold. I then got a message that the parking brake was engaged because I was in drive/auto-hold for so long.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Mine with apply the park brake if I am too fast shifting into park and taking my foot off the brake. I am stopped but the shifting, being electronic, it seems slower than a trans with linkage, and because the computer has not seen the trans in park, applies the park brake. It doesn't happen if I slow down and give everything a second or two to react...lol

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
Hey guys,

just bought a 2022 F150 XLT 2.7 EcoBoost with the Sport Package on Friday. So far I love it and it’s definitely an upgrade over my old Outback.

This morning I got in and there was an error message saying there was an issue with the parking breaks and I had to take it in for service immediately. After engaging and disengaging the parking brake the message went away. I made a couple stops on my way to work this morning and the error message hasn’t come back, and there’s no alert in the MyFord app.

How concerned should I be about this and should I take it straight in?
I had the same error a few weeks ago on the night before we left on a driving vacation. I ignored it, drove about 2400 miles and it never came back and I had no parking brake issues. if It comes back or something changes then I’ll bring it in.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Interesting that this just happened to my once the other day. Timing of it was strange because truck was parked and off, but I had the keys on me. I opened the door and this popped up. Nothing seemed awry so I started it up and engaged and disengaged the parking brake a couple times which seemed to work fine.

Haven't had an issue since.

I think sometimes the computer glitches. Not sure why but its probably due to a software "race" condition that occurs when the truck wakes up.
Sponsored