Sponsored

SSM 49601 - 2021 F-150 - False Activation Of The Anti-Theft Intrusion Alarm System

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
Some 2021 F-150 vehicles may experience the anti-theft intrusion alarm system activating when there is no evidence of an intrusion. This may be due to the intrusion alarm system sensing vibrations that are characteristic to other vehicle systems. To correct the condition, update the body control module (BCM) to the latest software level using the appropriate scan tool. After BCM reprogramming completes follow the on-screen prompts to relearn the TPMS sensors. For claiming, use causal part 15K609 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2021 TRUCK: FD P702N F150
Sponsored

kwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Corporate Finance
This happened to me Saturday night and I ran outside thinking I'd see someone running away but saw nothing. Is this BCM update something the dealer will do? The list is adding up this morning with 2 recalls and now this BCM update...

OP
OP

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
Yes, it's something the dealership will need to flash.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Good to see. It seems like every issue reported on this site gets fixed about 2-3 weeks later. ;)

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
Just had my second false alarm trigger. Both times, it happened I had left the moonroof visor open (not the moonroof itself) and I don’t think that’s a coincidence either. It may have something to do with the motion sensor detecting something at night from above. UFOs ?

Sponsored

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Has anyone had this update done by dealer yet?

To correct the condition, update the body control module (BCM) to the latest software level using the appropriate scan tool. After BCM reprogramming completes follow the on-screen prompts to relearn the TPMS sensors.

I called my dealer today to verify they have the software or whatever else they need to perform the update before wasting time and waiting for a call back so they can verify.

Back to the question. If anyone has had the update, did it resolve the issue with false alarms?

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Has anyone had this update done by dealer yet?

To correct the condition, update the body control module (BCM) to the latest software level using the appropriate scan tool. After BCM reprogramming completes follow the on-screen prompts to relearn the TPMS sensors.

I called my dealer today to verify they have the software or whatever else they need to perform the update before wasting time and waiting for a call back so they can verify.

Back to the question. If anyone has had the update, did it resolve the issue with false alarms?
Let me know what you find out! I was really hoping they would utilize the OTA for garbage like this.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bump. Happened again at 3:30am. Neighbors are going the love me!

Haven’t had the update done yet but also haven’t seen if anyone has had it done and if it corrected the problem?

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bump. Happened again at 3:30am. Neighbors are going the love me!

Haven’t had the update done yet but also haven’t seen if anyone has had it done and if it corrected the problem?
Went to my dealer today and had the BCM update done. Took about 30 minutes from check in til check out. Fingers crossed ? it fixes the random alarm triggers! And will post back with updates

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Went to my dealer today and had the BCM update done. Took about 30 minutes from check in til check out. Fingers crossed ? it fixes the random alarm triggers! And will post back with updates
One week in to the update and no false alarms. Let’s keep this going!

Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Maybe I missed it, but does anyone have the reference number for the Ford service bulletin for this so we can give it to the service advisor?

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe I missed it, but does anyone have the reference number for the Ford service bulletin for this so we can give it to the service advisor?
I gave my dealer the ssm and they found it.

SSM 49601 - 2021 F-150 - False Activation Of The Anti-Theft Intrusion Alarm System

HandsomeDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I take possession of my truck next week. Built on March 15. Is it safe to assume this update would already be applied ? I think I'll inquire and make sure it's complete before taking delivery.
Sponsored