Livernois tuner for Powerboost?

Bob Violence

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A FX4 Powerboost
What differences have you noticed running the 91-93 Tow Tune?
For me, the Performance Tune was a bit too aggressive for everyday street driving. The shifts were too firm, the throttle was overly sensitive, and it was more difficult to stay in electric mode when I was driving like an old man (which I do 90% of the time).

However, when it came to the "fun" factor, it was a hoot ... as long as you turned off traction control. Otherwise, every time you chirped or spun the tires, TC would kick in, and cut the throttle for a second.

So I flashed the Tow Tune. Haven't towed anything, but for daily driving, it is the way to go. Shifts sequentially without skipping gears just like the Performance Tune, and the throttle and shifts just seemed to be softened a bit. Still a huge improvement over stock.
Sponsored

Rodoni

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum
Occupation
FF/P
did you guys have the same SW and STRAT codes? And no trans code? Just making sure I did that part correctly. Sent my stock tune info this morning and just waiting for the custom tunes. No emails yet and I just checked the mycalibrator with my computer to confirm no new tunes have been sent

Bob Violence

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
did you guys have the same SW and STRAT codes? And no trans code? Just making sure I did that part correctly. Sent my stock tune info this morning and just waiting for the custom tunes. No emails yet and I just checked the mycalibrator with my computer to confirm no new tunes have been sent
Yep, mine were the same as well.

fluffernutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat PB
I purchased the e-boost upgrade on Monday, and just got and installed the 91-93 performance tune w/ e-boost. Hope to go for a drive later today to test it out. But I am in love with this thing.

Rodoni

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum
Occupation
FF/P
Just loaded up the 91-93 performance tune. Will have a chance to drive it tomorrow but I have a question about the tire size setting. How do you know what to set it at? I’m running 295/60R20s and it’s currently set at 614 on the mycalibrator module. *edit* after a little googling/research I can just google the rev/mile which turns out to be 595 so I can just enter that on the mycalibrator?

second guessing my decision to start with the 91-93 performance tune vs the 87-91 tow tune as I just remembered my current gas tank is maybe 40/60 91 and 87 with 3/4 tank. Maybe I’ll top it off in the AM with 91

Last edited:

Sponsored

isthatahemi

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat SCREW 5.0 3.73
Occupation
Manager
I scanned much of this thread, looking for a fast dragy, and didn't see one, did I miss something?

Previous gen trucks were 0-60 mid 3's with just a tune.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I have never seen a mid 3 second 0-60 F150 that wasn’t highly modified. There‘s a Facebook group keeping a list of the fastest Powerboost.

My best (calcluted by video) is 5.26. Wish I had the tune before I switched to 295/60/20 Nitto RG. Not sure how much that hurts me?

Ford F-150 Livernois tuner for Powerboost? IMG_0734

Last edited:

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I scanned much of this thread, looking for a fast dragy, and didn't see one, did I miss something?

Previous gen trucks were 0-60 mid 3's with just a tune.
I would love to see that - with a tune only..

Got a link,dragy, timeslip, anything that shows that.

Also, there wasn’t previous gen Powerboost. It was introduced in 2021.

Bob Violence

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Went ahead and spent the $100 for the EBOOST tune, and have now had a few days to live with it.

I wanted to experiment with EBOOST without any performance mods, so I requested the following tune from Livernois:

1. Completely stock tune (87 octane), except ...
2. Eliminate the skipping of gears when shifting, making all shifts sequential (*).
3. EBOOST
4. While not requested, they also removed the top speed limiter, but that will have no bearing on what I'm doing here.

(*) I noticed the transmission will still skip 2nd gear when in all electric mode, but when ICE is running, it goes through all gears as requested.

Currently have 93 octane in the tank. Using mostly Eco Drive Mode for evaluating the EBOOST tune. Truck now wants to stay in EV mode much easier when taking off from a stop. Originally you had to really baby the throttle for the same outcome, but now you can definitely baby it way less. The result is you can usually get up to a decent rolling speed and higher gear before ICE kicks in. Because of this, I'm seeing a noticeable (**) increase in MPG. Guessing this is because electrical mode is doing the heavy lifting on getting the truck moving without relying on fuel.

(**) Since a 1/4 of my current tank of gas was spent with the performance tune, I hesitate to give any exact MPG numbers. My right foot was REAL heavy with the performance tune, and MPG reflected that. I will keep the EBOOST tune as described above and go top off my tank, then report back once I have some real MPG numbers across a whole tank of fuel.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I really wanna pull the trigger on the livernois tuner with the EBOOST tune, but with all of the horror stories I’ve heard about PB failures I just can’t bring myself to do it, knowing I’ll likely be denied warranty work if it’s tuned. I’ll live vicariously through y’all for now

Sponsored

CJ912

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 2017 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Warehouse consultant
I really wanna pull the trigger on the livernois tuner with the EBOOST tune, but with all of the horror stories I’ve heard about PB failures I just can’t bring myself to do it, knowing I’ll likely be denied warranty work if it’s tuned. I’ll live vicariously through y’all for now
I understand that. With 30,000 miles on mine and mostly highway miles, I was getting pissed off that my battery was basically never used.

it was about 5% per tank of gas would be electric miles.

i’m doing much better with the tune. This isn’t even with very much transmission learning on it either:
Ford F-150 Livernois tuner for Powerboost? 1D424F23-2A0C-43AF-8DD6-8C6B771FD9F7

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I wasn't happy with the boxed tunes I received. I specifically asked for a 93 performance tune and they sent me a boxed 91 tune. I've got a WHOLE lot more to say about this that I'm detailing in another post. They really hated me calling their boxed tunes, boxed tunes. Tried to say they're "dyno tunes" except you can't call something a dyno tune when you didn't put the truck on the rollers.

Not pleased with the lack of transparency of livernois, and the more I dig, the less my opinion of them becomes. Anyone with a 5.0 motor should go with OZ -- really wish they'd work with the 3.5s.

I'm going to grab a 3x -- for some development work. I think that's the best avenue to truly maximize efficiency for those that want it. Need machine learning and analytics to provide the driver with feedback and options. I've observed some interesting things about the electric motor that surprised me, especially its ability to accelerate from 37-43mph in 7th gear easier than it could in 3rd gear.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Did they not want to zero the tune in if you sent them logs?

were you looking for them to do put your truck on their dyno? I would guess they can bump up the low octane map and lean out the buffer in fueling. I was thinking to do the same but it being a truck I thought some margin for error would be ok, so I never messed with logging it
Sponsored