First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
1FTFW1ED3MFB23739 can someone check how many files mine has downloaded please. Sorry to keep asking
.. I followed the double reset process steps 1-5 yesterday
Those steps don't do a damn thing. It's a placebo. Your truck seems to have at least 6 more files to DL. It keeps trying over and over again with no result. Either your GWM is rejecting it, or the issue is on Ford's servers side.

While you are in the checking mood. Maybe check mine 1FTFW1ED2MFB27491

it’s been parked under a cell tower pretty much alll day.
With WiFi disabled

and maybe we can start paying you through cash app or etc lol for each time you check
Same situation as above.

I appreciate it, but I respectfully decline any payment for what I do. I do it because I like to help.
Sponsored

Efalcon80z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch Power Boost
Those steps don't do a damn thing. It's a placebo. Your truck seems to have at least 6 more files to DL. It keeps trying over and over again with no result. Either your GWM is rejecting it, or the issue is on Ford's servers side.

Same situation as above.

I appreciate it, but I respectfully decline any payment for what I do. I do it because I like to help.
@rugedraw Thanks for you help...The reason I have been so eager to find out is because when I had the OTA 1.7.1 issue, I had to take it to several dealerships. Each one could not figure out how to update it even when I showed them the TSB I found online. After a while they said there was nothing they could do for me and the shop foreman was honest enough to say that the workers / techs hate doing ford updates because it takes to much time and the workers get commission on the number of vehicles they can fix in a shorter period of time. I asked if they would let me borrow the VCM II and Cables which they did. I took it home, Programmed it and returned the equipment back the same day. Now I'm thinking 1.7.1 is happening again so I will just purchase the Mongoose and program it myself. Thanks for all your time.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw Thanks for you help...The reason I have been so eager to find out is because when I had the OTA 1.7.1 issue, I had to take it to several dealerships. Each one could not figure out how to update it even when I showed them the TSB I found online. After a while they said there was nothing they could do for me and the shop foreman was honest enough to say that the workers / techs hate doing ford updates because it takes to much time and the workers get commission on the number of vehicles they can fix in a shorter period of time. I asked if they would let me borrow the VCM II and Cables which they did. I took it home, Programmed it and returned the equipment back the same day. Now I'm thinking 1.7.1 is happening again so I will just purchase the Mongoose and program it myself. Thanks for all your time.
This is not the same thing. Not even close. I am very well aware of the issue you are talking about. I found two trucks today alone on F150forums that are stuck on Sync 20301 or less. This is just Ford's OTA system being its garbage self. If you want to buy the tool because you want full screen that bad, then go ahead. You have to get updates before they can fail, and if your truck was suffering from the issue you are referring to, you would not be getting any updates. At all.

PascoPatio

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 2.7 Sport
Occupation
Self
Sorry, didn’t know where to drop this. Has anyone ran into this on the schedule screen not showing day of week? vin 1ftew1cp6mkf12990
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread F4AC0145-F4B5-418C-BF8B-24B8F7FECA0E

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
If I am reading these right, then under the column of "Deployment Status", it says "File Download Finished" on all except one that says "Update to Start File Download". I believe that is the one file you are missing to DL. If you look on the left side, there are three destinations or target identifiers requiring updates. Go back to the right and see all the files that downloaded. The first two for target F188 and 8033 downloaded, but the last one for 8068 has not, and that is the one Jesse says is the location on the APIM all files download to. So if I am correct, you are missing file MU5T-14H236-LD to get your update.
Appreciate your help and checking. FWIW, looking at the deploy status, status, timestamps, and parameters.....it appears to be similar to software logs by process execution.

The strings values in deploy status look like sequential processes that culminate in executing the individual download calls by each downloadable file. The parameters are an object oriented languages parameter issued by that instruction. From a programmers standpoint, this is how I guess this goes.

Post trigger, with 'consent check pass' being me hitting accept, it sent the OK back to the Ford (cloud), which then instructed the truck to begin the update routine. Items starting with the word, "Update" referring to the process itself (Like in the third person).

The first 2 Update prefixes are possibly logs / auth prep before the "real" process starts

Update Manifest Available (go grab the work list) - This instruction I believe is directly related to the building a local call list for the download loop. The "manifest" being the list of files, which the DL routine calls based on the campaign. Effectively the list on the left with each files identifier.

Update To start File Download (Go grab the files from the list in prior step) - This doesn't look like a file itself, rather its the routine that starts up and passes the parameter (group and number) starting at line 1 of the list as the input variable to the DL routine.

So first item to DL is at top of list, and the param is the call it made as it began the loop. Post DL, it is logged as complete then goes to next. The status is all the same as that is the DL list.

It make some sense seeing the DL files in reserve order as it goes down the manifest, unless it skipped one or cant pull it. So in this case, it's bypassed like the one you mentioned, along with 4 others.

But of course, all guesses based on stuff I did years ago.

Last edited:

Sponsored

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry, didn’t know where to drop this. Has anyone ran into this on the schedule screen not showing day of week? vin 1ftew1cp6mkf12990
F4AC0145-F4B5-418C-BF8B-24B8F7FECA0E.jpeg
Just means you didnt set one. Yet. You have to set one, default is blank. These are the days and times you give the truck permission to lock you out for an OTA that require truck be inhibited.

Efalcon80z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch Power Boost
Thanks for the info. I just noticed I could have payed for PTS all along. I will try and pay it forward later and send out screen shots to other users who have the same concerns. Learning as I go. Appreciate you guys

PascoPatio

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self
Just means you didnt set one. Yet. You have to set one, default is blank. These are the days and times you give the truck permission to lock you out for an OTA that require truck be inhibited.
Um, no I can set a time but I have no option to set a day of week.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Appreciate your help and checking. FWIW, looking at the deploy status, status, timestamps, and parameters.....it appears to be similar to software logs by process execution.

The strings values in deploy status look like sequential proceses that culminate in executing the individual download calls by each downloadable file. The parameters are an object oriented languages parameter issued by that instruction. From a programmers standpoint, this is how I guess this goes.

Post trigger, with 'concent check pass' being me hitting accept, it sent the OK back to the Ford (cloud), which then instructed the truck to begin the update routine. With things start with the word, "Update" referring to the process itself (Like in the third person).

The first 2 Update prefixes are possibly logs / auth prep before the "real" process starts

Update Manifest Available (go grab the work list) - This instruction I believe is directly related to the building a local call list for the download loop. The "manfist" being the list of files, which the DL routine calls based on the campaign. Effectively the list on the left with each files identifier.

Update To start File Download (Go grab the files from the list in prior step) - This does look like a file itself, rather its the routine that starts up and first the input parameter (group and number) starting at line 1 of the list.

So first item to DL is at top of list, and the param is the call it made as it began the loop. Post DL, it is logged as complete then goes to next. The status is all the same as that is the DL list.

It make some sense as its in reserve order as it goes down, unless it skipped one or cant pull it. So in this case, it bypassed the one you mentioned, along with 4 others.

But of course, all guesses based on stuff I did years ago.
Well, sir......you seem to have a much better comprehension of this terminology than I do. lol I knew it was referring to itself in third person, and being somewhat tech-inclined, I can make some sense out of the the rest of the things you said. Thank you for the insight.

magvallo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB
Good evening

I’ve been going back and forth with ford and my dealer past few weeks. Had a few screen lockups. Dealer completed TSB 22-2295 and told me I was good to go. After nothing, I contacted Ford asked for escalation and was told that I should return to the dealer IMPA update failed due to battery condition. Made a new appointment and in the mean time was told an update would be sent to assist the dealership. I received an update yesterday with no number just said blue cruise maps Today I received a second update 1gig via Wi-Fi listed as 22-PU0707-SCH-POPB. I can now pick multiple update days and the software rev.Has finally changed. 21 PB My Vin is1FTFW1ED7MFC15873. Do you guys think I’m back on track?

Sponsored

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Um, no I can set a time but I have no option to set a day of week.
How did you get the time back to blanks? Mine only allows number now, after adding for the first time. Reset? Or went away after a period with updates disabled?
sorry, skipped over the day’s part, just saw the blanks. Did it ever have days before and recently went away?

PascoPatio

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self
How did you get the time back to blanks? Mine only allows number now, after adding for the first time. Reset? Or went away after a period with updates disabled?
sorry, skipped over the day’s part, just saw the blanks. Did it ever have days before and recently went away?
Always had it on auto so I do not know, I can set a time just no days.

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
I have been on 3.5.2 since September last year. This week I asked for a VIN check, and @rugedraw told me nothing in the queue and nothing over the last 60 days.
Today before heading out to dinner, I drilled down (in the screen) to send Ford a report about the Wi-Fi not working. By the time I drove to eat and finished I came back to the truck and my screen changed and did not look the same. I checked Fordpass and low and behold I had the 3.5.3.2 update!
I was pleasantly supprised to say the least.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Good evening

I’ve been going back and forth with ford and my dealer past few weeks. Had a few screen lockups. Dealer completed TSB 22-2295 and told me I was good to go. After nothing, I contacted Ford asked for escalation and was told that I should return to the dealer IMPA update failed due to battery condition. Made a new appointment and in the mean time was told an update would be sent to assist the dealership. I received an update yesterday with no number just said blue cruise maps Today I received a second update 1gig via Wi-Fi listed as 22-PU0707-SCH-POPB. I can now pick multiple update days and the software rev.Has finally changed. 21 PB My Vin is1FTFW1ED7MFC15873. Do you guys think I’m back on track?
That is one of two patches you get before you get 3.5.2. Definitely a good sign. I'll look at it tomorrow from the office as the mobile app is limited and I can't see certain things.

mlmarcum

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Can someone please check 1FTFW1E8XMKE08562 for me? New owner, a big deciding factor on the F150 for me was pro trailer backup assist... And I don't have the update to calibrate my trailer with the stickers. Truck didn't come with the sensor kit either.
Sponsored