Request VIN Lookup Thread

magvallo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB
That is one of two patches you get before you get 3.5.2. Definitely a good sign. I'll look at it tomorrow from the office as the mobile app is limited and I can't see certain things.
Thank you! Appreciate it!
Sponsored

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
A check for module updates please!!

1FTFW1ED7NFB56079

FirstFordF150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired
Can someone please run my VIN for any available module updates? 1FTEW1EG5JFB96645
Thank you.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Good evening

I’ve been going back and forth with ford and my dealer past few weeks. Had a few screen lockups. Dealer completed TSB 22-2295 and told me I was good to go. After nothing, I contacted Ford asked for escalation and was told that I should return to the dealer IMPA update failed due to battery condition. Made a new appointment and in the mean time was told an update would be sent to assist the dealership. I received an update yesterday with no number just said blue cruise maps Today I received a second update 1gig via Wi-Fi listed as 22-PU0707-SCH-POPB. I can now pick multiple update days and the software rev.Has finally changed. 21 PB My Vin is1FTFW1ED7MFC15873. Do you guys think I’m back on track?
Yes, you're good to go. You actually just got sent 3.5.2 less than an hour ago. Go to your truck and check for updates and start pushing buttons on that screen to activate the OTA trigger.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Have no idea what version I'm on... Can someone please check for reference.

1FTFWIEDXMFC88428
You were sent 3.5.3 on 1/24 and your truck has been struggling to download the files since then. Based on your current sync version, I believe you are up to date with the older updates 2021 trucks were due. Good luck!

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
A check for module updates please!!

1FTFW1ED7NFB56079
I just received my Mongoose cable but don't want to buy the 2-day license if I don't have any outstanding module updates! :D

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
@rugedraw, post update, does PTS show the DL and update history similar to how it lays out when its in progress?

I used some of the synch futzing hooey which seemed to be what it needed to get unstuck. I am curios if it resumed where it left off 2 days ago bringing down the oustanding files, or if cleared out and brought them all down around 11:40A after it popped up update available and I hit accept again like I had 2 days ago.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw, post update, does PTS show the DL and update history similar to how it lays out when its in progress?

I used some of the synch futzing hooey which seemed to be what it needed to get unstuck. I am curios if it resumed where it left off 2 days ago bringing down the oustanding files, or if cleared out and brought them all down around 11:40A after it popped up update available and I hit accept again like I had 2 days ago.
See attached. You understand this better than I do. lol

What do you mean by "synch futzing hooey"? What did you do exactly?

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread Picture2

magvallo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB
Yes, you're good to go. You actually just got sent 3.5.2 less than an hour ago. Go to your truck and check for updates and start pushing buttons on that screen to activate the OTA trigger.
That is great. I tried a few times to trigger but keeps telling me I’m up to date. I’m hitting update details and
update now. Is there another way to trigger? I’ll keep trying but really appreciate your help.

Edit: I just saw 3.5.2 successful updated! So I guess I’m one update away from being fully up to date?

Last edited:

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Can someone please check 1FTFW1E8XMKE08562 for me? New owner, a big deciding factor on the F150 for me was pro trailer backup assist... And I don't have the update to calibrate my trailer with the stickers. Truck didn't come with the sensor kit either.
No OTA history on your truck and no OTA's in queue. To be honest, your truck is a complete enigma to me. You have a sync version I have never seen before. According to your vehicle history, the last OTA you got was almost a year ago today. I am going to see if someone more knowledgeable than me can take a peek inside your truck and confirm if you are in need of dealer intervention.

That is great. I tried a few times trigger but keeps telling me I’m up to date. I’m hitting update details and update now. Is there another way to trigger? I’ll keep trying but really appreciate your help.
Whatever you did worked. It triggered the OTA to start and it downloaded the files. The status says "files are ready to activate". When you get back to your truck, you should be good to go from what I can see.

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
See attached. You understand this better than I do. lol

What do you mean by "synch futzing hooey"? What did you do exactly?

Picture2.png
LOL, I doubt that very much.

Thank you! This helps piece some things together with some DL's yesterday, and the last ones today.

They hooey ;) is that set of beliefs around messing with certain sync settings that are being associated with getting updates. I'm going with that term to avoid drawing the ire of those that call em BS. But at the same time, some parts of it seem to have something beyond coincidental timing.

That pic tells me some parts are hooey, if the timestamps are relatively accurate. But at the same time, the initial trigger from the truck may be questionable. This AM, I specifically sent the wifi feedback for updates not working, tried again to clear my schedule, set updates off then back on, and finally turned wifi off right before I drove away. However final DL activity may have started prior to those specific events.

Yesterday, I only went to verify I could not clear my update time based on what @PascoPatio said about having had a time set in his schedule but it showing blanks like it would be before any schedule was added. I would very much like to blow away the time and days in mine, but it wont allow that so would love to know how he got there. I assume it would take a full reset to do so, but don't want to go that extreme.

I saw there was a thread for this update and was going to drop some thoughts there, but my big takeaway is once Ford sets the OTA trigger and its acknowledged by the truck, it only will actively DL while its key on, possibly until residual power is set off. if incomplete, it resumes with the next key on event, which for me was yesterday when I had it on for a couple minutes playing with the schedule, then again this AM.

It confirms for me that having to drive it 30 minutes is a fallacy, its not the driving it, its just that the power is on. My activity the first 2 days confirms that. Had I stayed out there long enough on the 1st, I bet it would have finished in one shot. When it finished up today, if the times are right, it started when I powered on but before turning wifi off (definitely not a factor) and some of the other things.

Thanks again!

kobl0019

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT 302a
Occupation
Product Manager
Hey all! Found the thread I've been looking for! Hoping someone is open to plugging my VIN into FRDS. I took my truck into the dealer this week and they "said" they checked FRDS for an APIM update and there was nothing available. I haven't received any updates since I took delivery in December of 2021. VIN 1FTEW1EP5NFA15257 So would love a second opinion! TIA!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hey all! Found the thread I've been looking for! Hoping someone is open to plugging my VIN into FRDS. I took my truck into the dealer this week and they "said" they checked FRDS for an APIM update and there was nothing available. I haven't received any updates since I took delivery in December of 2021. VIN 1FTEW1EP5NFA15257 So would love a second opinion! TIA!
I don't have FDRS to check for pending modules, but based on your current sync version, I would say you do have pending updates.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Can someone please check 1FTFW1E8XMKE08562 for me? New owner, a big deciding factor on the F150 for me was pro trailer backup assist... And I don't have the update to calibrate my trailer with the stickers. Truck didn't come with the sensor kit either.
You have a very peculiar case, but it seems that in your case, there are files that can be put on a USB to get your APIM updated and get your truck going getting updates OTA. If you are interested in trying the fix (key word is trying as it is not guaranteed to work), send me a PM and I will ask the guru to make the files for you.
Sponsored