First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
Occupation
Sales
Definitely good info thank you I’ll do a little test drive before i put the grill back on.

Did you stay with the stock thermostat or switch to a 170?
Sponsored

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Definitely good info thank you I’ll do a little test drive before i put the grill back on.

Did you stay with the stock thermostat or switch to a 170?
Stock t-stat but colder plugs, the optional add-on Brisk set that Terry offers. I was going to just sit on them since I only have 4k miles on the truck but when it came time to work with 5 Star Josh had me swap the Brisk plugs in before we moved beyond the base tune.

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Here is a photo of the MaxFlow Diverter (as opposed to the MaxFlow Race BOV) with the optional filter. This is what I'd consider a perfect balance between great sound that doesn't feel obnoxious or intrude too much on the rest of the driving experience.

I opted for the race version originally because only 100% of the reviews said it was too loud. Of course I understood that to mean it must sound just right. If you use the same logic, I assure you the race version will be too loud, like hysterical laughter at the absurdity of it loud which for me got old pretty quick hah. Typically my wife just rolls her eyes at non-OEM sounds coming from any of our motorized equipment. This time she gave me the dead-a$$ serious WTF is wrong with you look haha.

Anyhow, hoping to save another from a $400 mistake. Go for the MaxFlow Diverter if you end up upgrading from the base Bosch diverter.

Ford F-150 Vortech V3-SI Beefcake Supercharger Kit Installed on 2023 F150 XLT MaxFlow_Diverter_w_Filter

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Posted on my build thread but figured I'd drop the dyno here as well. Numbers came in at 469/442. Logs sent to Josh at 5 Star, hoping to get another revision or two before I head back later next week. I'd like to get a good 90 or better out of it while still on the base pulley. It was very consistent, +/- max 10hp on the three runs. This was in 5th gear on up to 7k.

Ford F-150 Vortech V3-SI Beefcake Supercharger Kit Installed on 2023 F150 XLT v3-si-dyno-base-pulley

Sponsored

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
What was the stock power at the wheels?

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
What was the stock power at the wheels?
No idea but based on the average of 4 clips & posts I've found, it has conservatively picked up about 120hp & 50lb/ft so far. Looking forward to a few more iterations, I head back Thursday.

DeuceRooster

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
Occupation
Sales
I’m sure there more power to be had even on the stock pulley. Definitely room for improvement on the torque figures. Don’t forget to take into account the HP loss from the 9.75” rear VS a lot of numbers out there for 8.8 trucks. Which I know isn’t a lot but it is real lol. Ordered the tune for mine this week. 3 BAR MAP sensor should arrive today. Getting closer to install time.

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
I’m sure there more power to be had even on the stock pulley. Definitely room for improvement on the torque figures. Don’t forget to take into account the HP loss from the 9.75” rear VS a lot of numbers out there for 8.8 trucks. Which I know isn’t a lot but it is real lol. Ordered the tune for mine this week. 3 BAR MAP sensor should arrive today. Getting closer to install time.
Nah, not concerned. According to the logs on the pull I’m seeing 11° of timing, our town is <1200 pop. and in general we don’t move a lot of fuel, going to wind this tank down and get better 93 in town. With so much timing being pulled it’s no wonder. I’m kind of kicking myself for not thinking of it. I was able to get another slot Thursday at another shop, just need to go through this tank beforehand. Both Terry and Josh agree that this is quite low so I’m optimistic, it’s a blast as-is and despite the low numbers I’m impressed with the curve itself, it makes all the power the tires can handle down low, just hoping to pick up another 100 up top!

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Quick update, after adding a few cans of VP Octanium we were able to determine that a tremendous amount of timing was being pulled on that tank I had in for the dyno. Here is a log post octane booster addition. I'm going to try to get another dyno run in soon while avoiding the 2 gas stations I typically frequent. Previous logs indicated nearly 6 degrees of timing being pulled, with the octane booster I'm adding a few degrees, truck feels quite a bit stronger.

This is WOT in sport 4th on into 5th. Very glad to see the V3 is hitting 10lbs, I assumed my simple drop-in air filter would limit its ability to make advertised boost on the base/included pulley.

https://datazap.me/u/stayingtuned/log-1710166219?log=0&data=5-10-22

Sponsored

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Tune is dialed in and I've got a 3.25" GripTec pulley inbound. The pulley which comes with the kit is the 3.4" so I'm looking to pick up roughly 1.5 PSI. I've got about 2k miles on the current tune iteration at this point and it's feeling strong and eager.

I'll hit the dyno again post pulley install for sure.
Sponsored