Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
That's a very nicely put together kit and the instructions manual gives me a chubby. Just well done. Enjoy.
Sponsored

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
I updated it about an hour ago, I'm seeing the correct title now but are you still seeing "3.5 Ecoboost" in the title? Here is what I see:

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 8.37.37 AM.png
Thats what I see to. Perhaps it takes time for the internet to update itself. Thank you

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Quick shot of the MAP sensor location with the bolt nearly out. I had to climb up on top of the engine to access this but once I had my hands on the 8mm bolt it wasn't bad. For reference, the location is about dead center behind the intake manifold about 10" down. They reccomend removing it first before unplugging it. Once the bolt is out the assembly can be routed back up towards the top of the engine making the disconnect & reconnect easy. There is enough space between it and the firewall to get back there with a small ratchet.

Ford F-150 Vortech V3-SI Beefcake Supercharger Kit Installed on 2023 F150 XLT MAP-sensor

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
For reference outside the truck, here’s the back of the intake manifold…

Ford F-150 Vortech V3-SI Beefcake Supercharger Kit Installed on 2023 F150 XLT IMG_2937

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
I got the 3.5 EB map sensor in and the tune applied. On initial start fired right up! I was expecting it to stutter, at least, given the injector swap but it started as if I had just hopped back in from the gas station or something. No errors, just idling away ready to get after it. I've got to put a few hundred low-key miles on it, going to start tonight for sure.

The Maxflow BOV sounds insane.

Sponsored

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
She has been running like a champ, I haven't gotten onto it very much but when I do the intense pull seems endless. I swapped out the MaxFlow race BOV with the base unti, Vortech includes both complete setups down to dual powder-coated discharge pipes (different flanges for the BOVs).

The race BOV is loud. I have a set of dual Tials on one of our cars and an HKS SSQV on another and this single MaxFlow BOV makes all of those combined sound like baby mice sleeping. The base one is a bit too quiet though so long-term it will be the MaxFlow unit. I plan to baffle it a bit just to knock the volume down some. I'm running bone stock exhaust.

Loving the V3-SI whine, it's a constant whistle that fluctuates with RPM. I hope once I get an exhaust it doesn't get drowned out.

elesthree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RCSB 4x4 5.0
She has been running like a champ, I haven't gotten onto it very much but when I do the intense pull seems endless. I swapped out the MaxFlow race BOV with the base unti, Vortech includes both complete setups down to dual powder-coated discharge pipes (different flanges for the BOVs).

The race BOV is loud. I have a set of dual Tials on one of our cars and an HKS SSQV on another and this single MaxFlow BOV makes all of those combined sound like baby mice sleeping. The base one is a bit too quiet though so long-term it will be the MaxFlow unit. I plan to baffle it a bit just to knock the volume down some. I'm running bone stock exhaust.

Loving the V3-SI whine, it's a constant whistle that fluctuates with RPM. I hope once I get an exhaust it doesn't get drowned out.

Vids or it never happened.

I ran two 50mm Tials on my last car and it was pretty damn loud cruising around.

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT

I ran two 50mm Tials on my last car and it was pretty damn loud cruising around.
We've got to run a few errands today so I'll see if we can get a decent clip posted!

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
My wife recorded a quick clip while we were out. This is partial throttle. Lots of wind in the background but you get the idea, basically a WW2 era Stuka on a run. This is the MaxFlow race BOV, I've got the MaxFlow diverter inbound. The diverter is quieter and allows for VTA and an optional baby K&N on the discharge port which muffles it further.

Sponsored

elesthree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RCSB 4x4 5.0
My wife recorded a quick clip while we were out. This is partial throttle. Lots of wind in the background but you get the idea, basically a WW2 era Stuka on a run. This is the MaxFlow race BOV, I've got the MaxFlow diverter inbound. The diverter is quieter and allows for VTA and an optional baby K&N on the discharge port which muffles it further.

Yea thats pretty loud, plus being an auto trans causes the bov, actually surge valve, to be open at all times until the vacuum signal starts to shift near 0 or positive. With a manual trans its still open, but you can drop the rpms, so its not moving so much air all the time. Yea I'd want to quiet it down some also. Sounded really good when you were in the baby boost though!

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Yea thats pretty loud, plus being an auto trans causes the bov, actually surge valve, to be open at all times until the vacuum signal starts to shift near 0 or positive. With a manual trans its still open, but you can drop the rpms, so its not moving so much air all the time. Yea I'd want to quiet it down some also. Sounded really good when you were in the baby boost though!

It's a blast and I'm sure 20 years ago I would have felt it was perfectly tame hah. Vortech has a MaxFlow diverter that they are sending me, it's supposed to be a ton quieter. Yeah on our turbo cars it's pop and done, the R35 tapers off for a second or two but yeah with this being belt driven and auto, it just releases pressure anytime my foot is barely on or off the gas.

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Recorded a post-install video covering most major parts. I've got a dyno session scheduled just over a week away, I'm excited to see how it does. I had a TT coyote (armageddon kit) and while that car was fast the twins imposed a subtle lag which was felt primarily from a roll. With the Vortech, if feels like the moment the throttle plate opens it's instant and suddenly the truck is pointed at the sky with the rears struggling to hold traction at any speed. I'm assuming a lot has to do with the 10-speed, seems its always in favorable conditions to move out. Anyhow, here is the video:

DeuceRooster

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
Occupation
Sales
Thank you for posting this. I am about to install mine in a few weeks. Going a little more basic with mine for now. Just the standard BOV and stock fuel system. Your post was helpful for me.

Ford F-150 Vortech V3-SI Beefcake Supercharger Kit Installed on 2023 F150 XLT BA11CB32-DC66-4806-8002-47BDC5255AB3

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Thank you for posting this. I am about to install mine in a few weeks. Going a little more basic with mine for now. Just the standard BOV and stock fuel system. Your post was helpful for me.
One thing I didn't mention in the original post is that I spent about a week tracking down two rattles. They ended up being both discharge pipes bumping the intercooler mounting bracket once in motion. I had ensured clearance when static but once over 40-ish it would start. I couldn't hear it but could feel it in the pedal and steering wheel. After taking the grill off and on a few times I finally realized what was happening.

I'd suggest leaving your grill off to provide easy access to the couplers on the intercooler. The fix was easy enough, I just needed to pull both discharge pipes deeper into the intercooler couplers thus raising those lower bends further away from the brackets.
Sponsored