Sponsored

Tremor suspension on Powerboost

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Since I’m done drag racing the truck, I Figured I’d dive into this and document the process of adding some tremor suspension parts on king ranch Powerboost.
Here are the parts I’m planning on using:
Tremor upper control arm(press releases states they are unique)
Tremor knuckle(press releases states they are unique)
Tremor rear lift block and bump stop

non Tremor parts:
Motofab 2” spacer lift

ordered all the parts today so should start showing up over the next week and will start wrenching right away. Once that’s done, I will schedule an alignment.

things I’d like to validate:
Will it get the published 1” front and 1.5” rear additional suspension travel
Will the alignment work
Where will the final lift numbers land
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Tremor has E-IWE.
What year is your KingRanch Powerboost?
I think in 2021 they had the E-IWE, but dropped the IWE altogether in 2022. (I celebrated personally :))

Anyways, I'm not sure exactly, but you might need Tremor CV's to accommodate the location of the hub from the differential as a result of the Tremor control arms and knuckle?

I'll be following. :)

By the way, so after the tune (was it E30?), you got your fill without becoming addicted?

OP
OP
TheGoatman

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Tremor has E-IWE.
What year is your KingRanch Powerboost?
I think in 2021 they had the E-IWE, but dropped the IWE altogether in 2022. (I celebrated personally :))

Anyways, I'm not sure exactly, but you might need Tremor CV's to accommodate the location of the hub from the differential as a result of the Tremor control arms and knuckle?

I'll be following. :)

By the way, so after the tune (was it E30?), you got your fill without becoming addicted?
Correct. I have no IWE. I have 30 days to return the knuckle so hopefully I reach a verdict in that time. I am hoping there is not a specific cv.

That’s right. I didn’t end up addicted. Lol. I wanted to run it for science. Get some data for myself and share here too. I did that and I’m done.
I loaded the 87-93 tow tune for the first time. Now the truck is back to OE level versatility and will see what we can do here utilizing Fords engineering where I can.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Again, I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that you could now buy Tremor CV's, but I don't remember exactly why you would want to or what the application was.

I do vaguely remember the article mentioning that they were stouter?
Maybe THAT was all it was about and if so implies that you can install them on any other Gen14 F150 with 4WD.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Again, I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that you could now buy Tremor CV's, but I don't remember exactly why you would want to or what the application was.

Maybe THAT was all it was about and if so implies that you can install them on any other Gen14 F150 with 4WD.
I believe this was the thread you were remembering:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ts-now-available-from-ford-performance.12869/

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Since I’m done drag racing the truck, I Figured I’d dive into this and document the process of adding some tremor suspension parts on king ranch Powerboost.
Did you check the spring rates? W/ the PB's heavier mass you may find your expectations to be a little short.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I honestly don't think it's obvious that the KingRanch has more authentic leather than my Platinum did.

But I do think now that both had been sat in for a year, that the KingRanch doesn't look as "sat in" as the Platinum did. (Driver's seat)

And no difference in how long they each held on to the new-car smell.

Today's KingRanch might still be marketed as special leather, and I DO like it well enough. But it's far from the original KingRanch leather used in the first few years of the trim level. Back then I was a SuperDuty guy because gasoline wasn't going to get me 500ftlbs, but man have things changed? Lol

Anyways, THAT leather smelled like a saddle shop for 9 years I drove that truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm convinced that Katzkinz has some better quality leather than the oem F150's come with now.
I've gotten a good look at a few trucks with them in the last few years and they seem to feel more traditional. Less synthetic.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's a bummer too because I love the shape and contours of the seats. I'd LOVE to see what Katskinz to do with them.

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost 20220317_144404

OP
OP
TheGoatman

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost

Ahh well hoping they are interchangeable and can upgrade to them when these wear out. I’d rather not spend money on them replacing perfectly good CVs that are there..
There is a good chance the ears are shaved to allow more angle. If it’s additional torque rating should be ok. I’m gonna mall crawl and not ashamed to admit it.

Did you check the spring rates? W/ the PB's heavier mass you may find your expectations to be a little short.
staying with stock springs and shocks with a spacer lift for now, to your point, I need to consider the extra weight. FOX is working on coil overs for the tremor.(for tremor knuckle and uca)

Last edited:

Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
The CV shafts work out of the box. I did an SPR UCA instead because it's a forged part and was less expensive. I used the Roush Fox 2.0 kit, which is only a problem if you DON'T want the truck leveled, as it's a PITA to adjust the front. Finally, the biggest items are the front Torsen and skid plates. For the diff I did the Raptor/Tremor torsen from Ford, with the added benefit that I have a drain plug while everyone else has to suck the diff fluid out of their pumpkins. I also got the cast iron Raptor rear diff cover for the same reason: there is no reason why I should have to remove and reinstall a diff cover to change fluid (it's also a 2 person job in these trucks as the spare tire "bumper"/crossmember sits directly in front of the rear diff cover, making cover removal and reinstall a PITA). Finally, the Raptor and Tremor skids are both way better than stock, but I went with a Fab Fours Black Steel Elite front bumper and a Talons Garage skid plate package. It's cheaper than Ford's stuff and its 1/4" aluminum plate. I will probably install a flat plate between the front skid plate and the lower edge of the bumper fascia to make sure that nothing hits the intercooler; it would really stink to have your intercooler hose get knocked off in a puddle or something and then have the engine breathe water at high RPM and load.

The last mod will be the upfitter switches, which will probably be about $1200 all told. I just bought a Raptor upper console, and I'm gonna have to surgically conjoin that with mine to get the switches correct. I have the upfitter switches stand-alone part if you want to just make a bracket yourself (a guy did that but glued plastic joints subject to torsional loads always seem dodgy to me so I didn't). I will wire those leads mostly to lights, but I might use the two 5A leads to control my AC winch setup (which will be really cool IF I get it working right).

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sounds fantastic.
Sponsored