Tremor suspension on Powerboost

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The wings are just part of the "multi-contour" design of the seats. The wings are wide at the shoulders and can be positioned similar to the adjustable headrest. I think 3 clicks protruding forward, then the 4th click they return flush. (zoom in on the passenger wing and you get a better idea of how those wings are independent of the lumbar portion of the seat)

But these same multicontour shaped seats also include the massage option and the max recline.

The max recline I could live without, but the functions of the multicontour wings, headrest, and massage is a big loss for a KingRanch, Platinum, Limited in my opinion. And they really dress the truck interior up.
Sponsored

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
The wings are just part of the "multi-contour" design of the seats.
The wings are part of the max recline. I have massage, but not max recline. I wish I would have checked that box after seeing them.

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost 20210728_202008

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So those seats aren't the multicontour delete seats?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the clarification.
I had always assumed the wings were an aspect of "multi-contour" since they provide yet another contour, literally.

Bitten by logic and assumption again. Naming nomenclature in the automotive industry is so confusing at times.

Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
Looks like a really cool project. I did the Ford tremor CV shafts, the Roush/Fox 2.0 strut/shock kit and SPR UCAs. That might be a slightly lower cost way to get a very similar result, which might be desirable for two reasons:
1) Aftermarket stuff is usually cheaper than FoMoCo
2) the locking hubs have important generational differences in '21-'23. Mine is a '21 and has a small electric vacuum pump built into the knuckle which in turn powers a vacuum locking hub. A Ford tech explained that it's more efficient, if more complex, than direct electric actuation. Ford went to a pure electric actuator the next year. I mention this because it seems like you could run into trouble with parts having meaningful differences and then have to deal with expensive trouble shooting.

OP
OP
TheGoatman

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a negative statement at the second part, but based on that information, it sounds like the UCA and Steering arms are where the regular f-150 are relative to the body mounts, and the LCA and wheel are "1 inch lower," which matches up with the suspension that offers 1 inch of lift.

So, the UCA and Steering angles on a tremor match a stock height regular F-150, not a regular truck with 1 inch of lift.

That would jive with what an oem would be concerned with, as keeping the steering rack happy and managing bump steer would be high on the list.

You should cross post this over on f150tremor.com. Those guys will appreciate the info on the differences.

Did you have to switch to using IWEs, or are you still hub locked?
Yeah the drama was at the alignment shop they said it was close enough and didn’t touch the truck just threw it on the rack. I’m taking it to the dealer tomorrow for an alignment. According to my info tremor has different alignment specs.
I think I could’ve gotten away without an alignment. I think where my truck needs improvement was just a result of how it left the factory.

my truck has no IWE.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheGoatman

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Here are the additional pictures. It’s been a busy weekend. I am still getting tires and alignment worked out so it’s taking a while for me to collect my thoughts on the swap.
I’ll get more pics later today.

The uca is definitely shaped differently. It’s hard to get a grasp on it. I really wanted to measure the ball joint range but I forgot to do that but did get a tape measure on them.
All said, I think the knuckle is the real difference maker.

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost IMG_0669

Teal marker is tremor uca
Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost IMG_0672

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost IMG_0673

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost IMG_0674

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost IMG_0675

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost 38CB9C40-A8FC-48CD-9025-FA64D33D857D

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost 70735091502__D64E3C06-6F3B-4AB5-81F2-38E46A857A34

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
Since I’m done drag racing the truck, I Figured I’d dive into this and document the process of adding some tremor suspension parts on king ranch Powerboost.
Here are the parts I’m planning on using:
Tremor upper control arm(press releases states they are unique)
Tremor knuckle(press releases states they are unique)
Tremor rear lift block and bump stop

non Tremor parts:
Motofab 2” spacer lift

ordered all the parts today so should start showing up over the next week and will start wrenching right away. Once that’s done, I will schedule an alignment.

things I’d like to validate:
Will it get the published 1” front and 1.5” rear additional suspension travel
Will the alignment work
Where will the final lift numbers land
My ideal truck would be a Tremor PowerBoost :cool:

Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
my truck has no IWE.
I hadn't looked into exactly how the hub goes together, so I didn't know if the fact that Tremor uses IWE meant you had to switch, and I saw what looked like extra machining on the Tremor knuckle. Good to know for my IWE-less Lariat.

OP
OP
TheGoatman

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Lift numbers:
Stock fender height
Front 37”
Rear 40.5”

Lifted
Front 39”
Rear 41.5”

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheGoatman

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Got these Goodyear territory MT. I believe they are used on the bronco and Silverado trailboss and zr2.
basically stock size. Chickened out on the 275/65 recon grapplers for snow duty

Ford F-150 Tremor suspension on Powerboost IMG_0690

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheGoatman

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
The CV shafts work out of the box. I did an SPR UCA instead because it's a forged part and was less expensive. I used the Roush Fox 2.0 kit, which is only a problem if you DON'T want the truck leveled, as it's a PITA to adjust the front. Finally, the biggest items are the front Torsen and skid plates. For the diff I did the Raptor/Tremor torsen from Ford, with the added benefit that I have a drain plug while everyone else has to suck the diff fluid out of their pumpkins. I also got the cast iron Raptor rear diff cover for the same reason: there is no reason why I should have to remove and reinstall a diff cover to change fluid (it's also a 2 person job in these trucks as the spare tire "bumper"/crossmember sits directly in front of the rear diff cover, making cover removal and reinstall a PITA). Finally, the Raptor and Tremor skids are both way better than stock, but I went with a Fab Fours Black Steel Elite front bumper and a Talons Garage skid plate package. It's cheaper than Ford's stuff and its 1/4" aluminum plate. I will probably install a flat plate between the front skid plate and the lower edge of the bumper fascia to make sure that nothing hits the intercooler; it would really stink to have your intercooler hose get knocked off in a puddle or something and then have the engine breathe water at high RPM and load.

The last mod will be the upfitter switches, which will probably be about $1200 all told. I just bought a Raptor upper console, and I'm gonna have to surgically conjoin that with mine to get the switches correct. I have the upfitter switches stand-alone part if you want to just make a bracket yourself (a guy did that but glued plastic joints subject to torsional loads always seem dodgy to me so I didn't). I will wire those leads mostly to lights, but I might use the two 5A leads to control my AC winch setup (which will be really cool IF I get it working right).
That may be phase 2. Not anytime soon.

ford performance coil overs(If they release for tremor)
Tremor cv axles
Front torsen
275/65 recons SL 47lbs

what did the torsen run you? How bad was the install?
Sponsored