Reverse braking assist inoperative

magvallo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB
So the never ending saga of the "reverse braking assist not available" and the replacement of the faulty IPMA module continues. The dealer will now be trying to install the 3rd replacement module on Monday. The previous two module they got in they said were faulty and couldn't be programed properly. Beginning to wonder if it is a module issue or a dealer service technician issue with them not knowing how to properly program it.

I agree that doesn’t sound right. 1 bad one maybe but 3?!?

My dealer tried TSB but code remains. They say it appears to be a bad coax cable. My issue is Intermediate sometimes no message after driving but once truck is restarted message comes back. I made a video to document it.

I’ve been updating another post but I’ll let you know when mine is resolved. I only have 500 miles. I got the message once before the tailgate was removed for spray bed but now comes back every time I restart the truck. This was at about 300 miles so I don’t have a lot of experience to know the extent of my issue.

Please let us know how you make out.
Sponsored

BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost (Job 2)
I had Line-X installed last week and they removed the tailgate. When I picked up my truck I immediately notices this error. I have an appointment on Friday with the dealer. I will report back if the TSB fixes mine as well.

Voss

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB Lariat
Also have the same issue starting after getting the bed liner installed. I had it installed through the dealership, so I would think they would know about the tailgate removal/reinstall.
Is there a way to just turn off the rear brake parking assist? I don't really care if it's not working, I just can't stand the beeping every time I put it in reverse, can contact the dealer but its over an hr round trip to take the truck in every time and I don't really have time for that right now.

magvallo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB
Also have the same issue starting after getting the bed liner installed. I had it installed through the dealership, so I would think they would know about the tailgate removal/reinstall.
Is there a way to just turn off the rear brake parking assist? I don't really care if it's not working, I just can't stand the beeping every time I put it in reverse, can contact the dealer but its over an hr round trip to take the truck in every time and I don't really have time for that right now.

Yes, you can disable in vehicle features but this really needs to be resolved!

Ford Please advise dealer service how to clear this error code.

winback82

First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Tremor
Got Line-X done today and boom got the error message! Very frustrating. Called the dealer and dropped it off. They are going to try and get to it in next day or so. Ford needs to figure this out.

Sponsored

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2.7EB XLT SCREW 4x4
An update to my issue that I had. The dealer found that my harness was loose to the IPMI module and that was causing all of my issues. It’s been a few weeks since it was reconnected properly and I haven’t had any more issues with warning lights which I’m thankful for. Dealer thinks it wasn’t connected properly at the factory. I asked if the harness wires may have had no slack and maybe it pulled loose but he wasn’t the tech and couldn’t answer that.

Bob Evans

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
The activity here has slowed but I’m not sure the problem has…

I got my truck in mid October 2021 as both my first Ford and F-150 (Lariat). I had the dealer put in an aftermarket spray-in bed liner. My date to pick up the truck got delayed because “the reverse break assist was showing unavailable”. I didn’t think much of it at the time and it was fixed (so I thought).

Fast forward 2 weeks and the reverse break assist unavailable pops up with a note to check the manual. Well… there’s nothing in the manual (at least the one in the truck’s sync) on this issue.

Fast forward another week and the Active Park Assist button (located at the top of the center console between the 360 Camera and Hazard Lights buttons) is off by default every time I start the truck. So no warnings when I’m about to hit something unless I notice.

I called the dealer, they gave me 3 suggestions to try to clear this. None worked so I’ve now made my 1st trip to service for 3 days just for them to say they need to replace a module. That scares me based on other posts where things went downhill as modules were replaced. The module is due in this week but I won’t be able to drop my truck off until Dec. and I’m debating not doing it.

Ford - can you please get this figured out? While this is not a huge issue, I’m very worries that 1) some of the safety systems that I think are there… aren’t; and 2) you do know what you priced this truck at, right? That money says I shouldn’t have to deal with this type of issue that has been known for at least 6 months. Supply Chain issues meant I had to drive 40 minutes to find a dealer that had the options I wanted meaning I lose 1:20 of my life every time I go to the dealer.

Help?

BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had Line-X installed last week and they removed the tailgate. When I picked up my truck I immediately notices this error. I have an appointment on Friday with the dealer. I will report back if the TSB fixes mine as well.
The dealer completed the TSB on my truck to address the error. When I picked up my truck, the error immediately popped up again when I shifted into reverse. They ran another 360 camera alignment, which finally fixed the problem. The master tech said the first tech didn't finish the alignment cycle correctly.

magvallo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB
The activity here has slowed but I’m not sure the problem has…

I got my truck in mid October 2021 as both my first Ford and F-150 (Lariat). I had the dealer put in an aftermarket spray-in bed liner. My date to pick up the truck got delayed because “the reverse break assist was showing unavailable”. I didn’t think much of it at the time and it was fixed (so I thought).

Fast forward 2 weeks and the reverse break assist unavailable pops up with a note to check the manual. Well… there’s nothing in the manual (at least the one in the truck’s sync) on this issue.

Fast forward another week and the Active Park Assist button (located at the top of the center console between the 360 Camera and Hazard Lights buttons) is off by default every time I start the truck. So no warnings when I’m about to hit something unless I notice.

I called the dealer, they gave me 3 suggestions to try to clear this. None worked so I’ve now made my 1st trip to service for 3 days just for them to say they need to replace a module. That scares me based on other posts where things went downhill as modules were replaced. The module is due in this week but I won’t be able to drop my truck off until Dec. and I’m debating not doing it.

Ford - can you please get this figured out? While this is not a huge issue, I’m very worries that 1) some of the safety systems that I think are there… aren’t; and 2) you do know what you priced this truck at, right? That money says I shouldn’t have to deal with this type of issue that has been known for at least 6 months. Supply Chain issues meant I had to drive 40 minutes to find a dealer that had the options I wanted meaning I lose 1:20 of my life every time I go to the dealer.

Help?

Totally agree. You would think Ford wouldn’t want service ordering parts or billing for service that is not needed. Seems to be some confusion at the dealer service level on how to perform this TSB.

Since having this issue I have been Tracking multiple posts. Some folks have it resolved on it’s own, some from dealer TSB, some via the TSB being performed multiple times, and some with parts being replaced.

I also agree this is a minor issue on a truck I really love but very annoying. Probably just needs the TSB to be preformed correctly. Also causing me a little anxiety thinking about my dash being taken apart. This is a 60k truck with less than 1k on it.

Ford can you help????

winback82

First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Tremor
I am still waiting to get my truck back. It's been a week today. Got a call from the dealer this morning and they received the part but is incorrect. They are placing an order for the new part. Really frustrated! I asked if they could just perform the bulletin, but I was told that's its not an option.

Sponsored

Big-C

First Name
Coltan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Have you gotten your truck back/fixed the issue? I got by bed sprayed today and it threw the same error. Does Line-X have any responsibility to amend the issue? If not, does Ford cover this or is this out of pocket to cover?

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2.7EB XLT SCREW 4x4
I had originally planned on getting my bed sprayed but after reading these issues after the liner is put in, I’m now considering going with the hard plastic liner. I wish I didn’t have to consider that, but I feel like I’d be erring on the safe side doing so.

magvallo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB
I had originally planned on getting my bed sprayed but after reading these issues after the liner is put in, I’m now considering going with the hard plastic liner. I wish I didn’t have to consider that, but I feel like I’d be erring on the safe side doing so.
I understand your concerns but removing a tailgate is not an unusual task on a pickup truck. In fact, directions are fully outlined in the owner’s manual. In my case were in fact followed. No where does it state that this will cause a code to appear. The instructions for clearing the code also don’t always work. Different people are getting different results on resolution which is causing additional confusion. I’ve seen ford representatives on this site reach out to different posters about this issue but have not seen any single resolution. As stated before not a major issue but very frustrating.

BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you gotten your truck back/fixed the issue? I got by bed sprayed today and it threw the same error. Does Line-X have any responsibility to amend the issue? If not, does Ford cover this or is this out of pocket to cover?
The dealership completed the TSB and 360 camera alignment, which fixed the issue. It's been a week, and the message hasn't returned. They initially said there would be a charge but when I picked up the truck it was covered under warranty.

kalbo32

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2015 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Army...until 1 Sept 2022 Retirement is in sight.
Another with the same issue. Purchased on 18 Nov no issues, Dealer installed liner on 23 Nov then the warning appears. Spent the whole day at the dealer today 0720-1645 and nothing, they tried to say it was because I did a leveling kit... I even gave them the TSB 21-2249... Tech said he couldn't do anything because it didn't have and "U" codes.. guess he didn't read the whole "with or without" the code part of the TSB. Going to try a different dealership...
Sponsored

Last edited: