Sponsored

Reverse braking assist inoperative

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Mine does it pretty often also. Havn't took it in yet. I might have to get a dippy bird for the steering wheel to push the OK button on startup.

Ford F-150 Reverse braking assist inoperative dippy
Sponsored

Platty_PB

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum PowerBoost SuperCrew
I'm getting my Line-X done tomorrow, is there a way to prevent this from happening? From what I read it may be related to improper tailgate removal...?

additionsola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado
I'm getting my Line-X done tomorrow, is there a way to prevent this from happening? From what I read it may be related to improper tailgate removal...?
I'd ask Line-X if they can make sure the battery is disconnected for the tailgate un-install/line-x process and reconnected after tailgate is re-installed and everything is reconnected.

Platty_PB

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum PowerBoost SuperCrew
I'd ask Line-X if they can make sure the battery is disconnected for the tailgate un-install/line-x process and reconnected after tailgate is re-installed and everything is reconnected.
Not a bad idea. Not sure if the Powerboost requires extra effort to disconnect the system completely from the battery but I will doublecheck.

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I read somewhere on here that there is a maintenance procedure to follow before taking it off.
This makes no sense because they make a quick connect on the wiring harness to take the gate off

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
Had a LineX installed Monday. Didn’t drive the truck Tuesday.
Got the warning message this morning.
Tech did the TSB procedure and it was fine until this afternoon when the message came back.

DennisG

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Update on my truck, still getting weekly updates from Ford. The faulty IPMA module that they suspect is the problem is still on back order. It's been over a month and a half since they put the part order in and they don't seem to know when they will get it in. Still waiting for those vehicle payment credits to show up that Ford customer service said they had processed because of the issue. Overall more aggravating than anything else. It's not as if the reverse braking technology is anything new. Loving the truck otherwise

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2.7EB XLT SCREW 4x4
Hello Everyone! This is my first post, so be gentle and I apologize in advance for the length! I'm adding here as I think I'm experiencing a similar problem with my brand new F150 that I just took delivery of 8 days ago. Build date in Sept out of Dearborn, so relatively recent. When I bought the truck the day I went to take it off the lot a light show of warnings came on the dash. I refused delivery of the vehicle until they could inspect it. It was hard putting down that kind of payment and a trade to immediately get bombarded by warnings. These warnings did not appear on multiple test drives I took either. Needless to say, they looked at it the next day and said the battery cable was loose and they tightened it and no more warnings. I believe all they did was pull the power cable to reset everything...

Took delivery and it ran fine for a couple days and BOOM a whole bunch of warnings again.
-Antilock Brake Fault
-Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
-Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic Alert Not Available
-Hill Start Assist Warning

I try to switch the drive modes and none are available and I believe it goes back into "Normal" mode. Same with Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Keep assist not working either. After driving it for a bit, some of the alerts clear except for the abs and traction, but then usually if I turn it off and on again those will clear too. Then truck will operate fine for a few cycles and back into the spinning wheel of warnings it goes.

The ABS going on worries me because I will not have anti-lock brakes and if that happens during the winter with snow (as it's approaching quickly), I don't want to have that be the cause of my demise.

Have you guys had similar issues with these warnings all coming on at once or just a few here and there and does anyone know if all of these including ABS are controlled by the IPMA module? I'm going to be calling my dealer tomorrow to get it back in and looked at and maybe I can mention this module. I have a video of it happening but don't know the rules yet on uploading/linking media on here and don't want to start off on the wrong foot!

Thanks All!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello Everyone! This is my first post, so be gentle and I apologize in advance for the length! I'm adding here as I think I'm experiencing a similar problem with my brand new F150 that I just took delivery of 8 days ago. Build date in Sept out of Dearborn, so relatively recent. When I bought the truck the day I went to take it off the lot a light show of warnings came on the dash. I refused delivery of the vehicle until they could inspect it. It was hard putting down that kind of payment and a trade to immediately get bombarded by warnings. These warnings did not appear on multiple test drives I took either. Needless to say, they looked at it the next day and said the battery cable was loose and they tightened it and no more warnings. I believe all they did was pull the power cable to reset everything...

Took delivery and it ran fine for a couple days and BOOM a whole bunch of warnings again.
-Antilock Brake Fault
-Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
-Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic Alert Not Available
-Hill Start Assist Warning

I try to switch the drive modes and none are available and I believe it goes back into "Normal" mode. Same with Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Keep assist not working either. After driving it for a bit, some of the alerts clear except for the abs and traction, but then usually if I turn it off and on again those will clear too. Then truck will operate fine for a few cycles and back into the spinning wheel of warnings it goes.

The ABS going on worries me because I will not have anti-lock brakes and if that happens during the winter with snow (as it's approaching quickly), I don't want to have that be the cause of my demise.

Have you guys had similar issues with these warnings all coming on at once or just a few here and there and does anyone know if all of these including ABS are controlled by the IPMA module? I'm going to be calling my dealer tomorrow to get it back in and looked at and maybe I can mention this module. I have a video of it happening but don't know the rules yet on uploading/linking media on here and don't want to start off on the wrong foot!

Thanks All!
Hi Michael! Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and mileage so I can look into these issues you're experiencing with your F-150?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Update on my truck, still getting weekly updates from Ford. The faulty IPMA module that they suspect is the problem is still on back order. It's been over a month and a half since they put the part order in and they don't seem to know when they will get it in. Still waiting for those vehicle payment credits to show up that Ford customer service said they had processed because of the issue. Overall more aggravating than anything else. It's not as if the reverse braking technology is anything new. Loving the truck otherwise
Hello, Dennis my name is Kristian and I wanted to further look into your updates for your part order. Is it possible that you can send over a private message with your VIN?

buildmurray

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
Had this same issue after Line-X and dealer is charging me $380 to recalibrate...

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Had that happen when passenger front door was not fully closed. Closed the door, drove down a straight road forward not backwards for about a mile and problem solved.

magvallo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB
I would ask Why? Why are they not covering under bumper to bumper? I would imagine your truck was $70k. I mean come on! There are instructions on how to remove tailgate in owners manual. No where did I read where it states truck needs to be recalibrated after. In fact instructions on clearing the message don’t even work. Why is this causing an error code? If there are other concerns why doesn’t Ford communicate those concerns? What are they recalibrating? There is a TSB on this is that what they are doing? Some owners thought that this only affected 360 camera owners but In fact same error is occurring for owners with and without 360 system.

DennisG

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So the never ending saga of the "reverse braking assist not available" and the replacement of the faulty IPMA module continues. The dealer will now be trying to install the 3rd replacement module on Monday. The previous two module they got in they said were faulty and couldn't be programed properly. Beginning to wonder if it is a module issue or a dealer service technician issue with them not knowing how to properly program it.
Sponsored