Sponsored

Reverse brake assist not available

redactedAlias

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 powerboost platinum, 18 road king special
Love this thing, just a couple software bugs it would be nice to have fixed and this one issue. More and more often I jump in the truck and get the reverse brake assist not available message. I have cleaned the sensors, camera, slammed all the doors and tailgate shut, still getting it. Is this a common thing with a known fix or a dealer visit?
Sponsored

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
I'm getting the same thing. I have done the same thing like you. No clear pattern. Went into settings and read the owners manual, no luck there. Truck was built around, 3/5/21.

OP
OP

redactedAlias

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine is a may June build I believe because we had to do the wifi gateway module reflash on delivery.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
Hopefully we get a few more post, to see if there is some sort of a pattern. Or operator programming error.

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
I started getting it after the module reconfigure . I'll have them look at it tomorrow afternoon when they replace my gas tank door jam post.

Sponsored

OP
OP

redactedAlias

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I started getting it after the module reconfigure . I'll have them look at it tomorrow afternoon when they replace my gas tank door jam post.
Keep us updated please! I'm trying to wait wait an oil change to ask about the fuel door release string but if the reverse braking is a dealer fix I might bring it early for that.

OP
OP

redactedAlias

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully we get a few more post, to see if there is some sort of a pattern. Or operator programming error.

Welp. I feel like an idiot. I checked it before when it was doing it on a foggy humid morning but not today. Swung by the dealer on the way home to show them and make an appointment. They jumped in, pulled up the setting at the bottom of driver assistance in features, and it was turned off. No problem since turning back on. It must have turned itself off in the rain and I didn't look at the settings again.

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Welp. I feel like an idiot. I checked it before when it was doing it on a foggy humid morning but not today. Swung by the dealer on the way home to show them and make an appointment. They jumped in, pulled up the setting at the bottom of driver assistance in features, and it was turned off. No problem since turning back on. It must have turned itself off in the rain and I didn't look at the settings again.
I'll check that before I take it in because I don't remember setting that up. There's plenty to set up so it would be an easy miss.

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Checked mine it was turned on. Dealer could not find anything wrong when he went through the codes after installing the new gas door post. He thinks it was a comm failure but until they can make it happen he isn't sure. I told him it happened again today when I backed out of my driveway but worked fine when I started to back out of parking space in front of the convenience store.

OP
OP

redactedAlias

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Checked mine it was turned on. Dealer could not find anything wrong when he went through the codes after installing the new gas door post. He thinks it was a comm failure but until they can make it happen he isn't sure. I told him it happened again today when I backed out of my driveway but worked fine when I started to back out of parking space in front of the convenience store.
Interesting! I had it happen once in the rain, a few times in the morning (I'm assuming condensation is to blame) and two other random times. Mines been fine since it turned itself off however. I think it's just extra extra picky about dirt, sun, and shadows. The rear view camera quality probably makes it even more inconsistent

Sponsored

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Mine does it a few times every week. Built around mid January, wifi never on, and truck never flashed.

Lateonthebrakes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I'm having the same issue. Everything is enabled. It's intermittent whether it will work or not.

bizu1108

First Name
BigTurtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Did anyone take it to the dealer to fix it? I did and they told they tried restarting the computer (responsible for managing all the safety tech) to recalibrate sensors (or bunch of components I don't understand) and once they did that, they started getting bunch of errors like blindside detection unavailable, pre-collision something unavailable...etc. They said it's the faulty computer and they need to replace it. I need to wait couple of days for the computer to arrive...will update to see whether it fixed the issue or not.

bjtcars

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Mine also does it 3 or 4 times a week but only in the morning( I leave for work real early) and especially when its wet out. The rest of the day its always good. Has to be a condensation problem I'm thinking for me anyway. Haven't brought it to the dealer yet because I'm dreading having to leave it overnight and getting the " it worked fine for us" answer.
Sponsored