Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Jesse,
I was driving on really heavily salted wet roads. I imagine it’s possible that the sensor’s may have been affected. The park assist is out as well, so may be sensors have saltwater intrusion
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks Jesse,
I was driving on really heavily salted wet roads. I imagine it’s possible that the sensor’s may have been affected. The park assist is out as well, so may be sensors have saltwater intrusion
Yes. A friend of mine had the same issue he had to replace the pigtail to one sensor. He lives in one of those areas that sees a lot of roads with those conditions

AndreB

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 502a Star White Metallic 157" WB
Occupation
Retired
You have a code for a rear sensor. THat is what is causing the Rear brake assist error. You have several codes but the Sensor is the cause of the RBA unavailable

1708141671470.png
Hello Jessy-Infotainment, just out of curiosity, how are you able to go see Grayford's truck error codes, without going to his place with a scan tool?

Abraham5G

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
You have a code for a rear sensor. THat is what is causing the Rear brake assist error. You have several codes but the Sensor is the cause of the RBA unavailable

1708141671470.png
Jesse, can you please check mine too? My outermost parking sensors don't work properly when I shift into reverse. My vin is 1FTFW1E88PFC11614

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
2022 Platinum 5 litre
One day after latest update was downloaded I get the notification that the reverse braking not available and also park aid system fault. All systems are set to on in features. Did anyone else have this happen. Haven’t checked fuses yet, but seems to be right after update applied
hsd the same issue, open and close tailgate, that worked for me

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Jesse, can you please check mine too? My outermost parking sensors don't work properly when I shift into reverse. My vin is 1FTFW1E88PFC11614
I do not see any codes related to parking sensors. When you shift into reverse how do you know the outer sensors are not turning on? What indication is there that leads you to that

Abraham5G

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
I do not see any codes related to parking sensors. When you shift into reverse how do you know the outer sensors are not turning on? What indication is there that leads you to that
Thanks for checking. When I shift into reverse, the sensors light up and constantly beep as if they were detecting objects in the way, but there is nothing there. Sometimes the alarms and beeping go away if I accelerate quickly while in reverse.

I've taken it to the dealership twice to diagnose. Dealer says there are a lot of other trucks coming in with the same issue but they do not have a fix and that Ford will need to recall them or issue some update. They didn't even attempt to replace the sensors. I plan on going to a different dealer to diagnose.

Ford F-150 Reverse braking not available 20240109_182708

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks for checking. When I shift into reverse, the sensors light up and constantly beep as if they were detecting objects in the way, but there is nothing there. Sometimes the alarms and beeping go away if I accelerate quickly while in reverse.

I've taken it to the dealership twice to diagnose. Dealer says there are a lot of other trucks coming in with the same issue but they do not have a fix and that Ford will need to recall them or issue some update. They didn't even attempt to replace the sensors. I plan on going to a different dealer to diagnose.

20240109_182708.jpg
Oh. I’ve had that issue at times with one sensor in my super duty.

I haven’t been able to pinpoint the cause but it’s not constant for me it’s once in a while.

If you could possible swap a center sensor with an outer to see if the issue follows the sensor. Or the position. Also clean the sensor with some alcohol and check the connection for any water intrusion

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
No, I received the update the night before the long trip. When I reversed out of driveway to start the 500 mile trip I got the reverse brake fault message. When arriving at my destination I received the park aid fault when parking. Then two days of city driving and return trip of 500 miles and still have both faults when reversing. If I drive right up to garage door I get no beeps or input from front sensors
I have no scan tool.
I get that reverse fault all the time when backing out of the garage. My theory is it doesn't like something that is sitting too close to the truck. Still seems to pick up cars coming from the side when I'm almost backed out in the street.

OP
OP

Greyford

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
The cross traffic warning does not function as well as the front sensors are not working as well

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Hello Jessy-Infotainment, just out of curiosity, how are you able to go see Grayford's truck error codes, without going to his place with a scan tool?
These trucks are reporting to the Motorcraft mothership in the Ford cloud fairly frequently. That is if the onboard LTE connectivity to AT&T cellular is available.

Lots of telemetry going on. And if you have access to that data, you can see what the truck has reported.

Even your FordPass app is leveraging the same cloud based infrastructure.

There's consumer level access for a small 72 hour fee, and then there's professional level access for the service industry.

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I was wondering the same thing. @Jesse-Infotainment would you mind sharing with us how you can do this.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Work at a Ford dealer we see this a lot being in a rural area with a lot of gravel road driving. 95% of the time is a broken wire on one of the back up sensors or the main wire loom going to them etc. . They break all the time! Rocks hit them and bust them off. Even trucks with as little as 4000 miles. The other 5% sometimes it’s mud as it gets packed between the rear bumper and the sensor like under the truck where you can’t see. Normally this problem comes with rear parking sensor faults as it thinks there is something there which there isn’t.
Sponsored

Last edited: