First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Love this thing, just a couple software bugs it would be nice to have fixed and this one issue. More and more often I jump in the truck and get the reverse brake assist not available message. I have cleaned the sensors, camera, slammed all the doors and tailgate shut, still getting it. Is this a common thing with a known fix or a dealer visit?
I know you have it enabled....! I get this message too, since i disabled it. It scared the crap out of me several times and makes backing up a trailer impossible because it puts the brakes on every time.
Sponsored

chi804

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
I just bought my 2021 f150 lariat 2 weeks ago and I’m having this same problem. Went to dealer and no luck. I’ll have to drop it off. Hopefully Detroit will have an answer.

chi804

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
I took my truck to a level parking lot early in the morning. I tried the driving in reverse thing but to no avail.
Fast forward 9hrs later, I’m running some errands and decided to turn on reverse braking and it was working. Well, it wasn’t erroring out on the dash. I’m not sure what I did to make it work but it appears that at least turning that feature off and driving a few hundred miles and then turning it back on worked for me.

cford_owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
2021 Ford F150 STX/XL
I had mine in to the dealership. Been getting warnings since a week after I bought it. Had it for about 3 months.
Said they had to call Ford company to do a walk through with a technician because the trained Ford technicians at the dealership didn't know what else to do. They tried resetting the codes, all came back, etc. etc.
In the past month, they replaced both modules (from what they said), they replaced one then still did it and ordered and replaced the other side module.
Welp got it back 3 days ago, pulled out of the parking lot, no problem drove clear home, pulled into the garage, so far so good, THEN I went to pull out of the drive way and the wife's car was there, BOOM, warnings galore again.
Rear assist unavailable, blindspot system fault, cross traffic system fault warnings all in succession.
Seems to only happen when going in reverse and then once it is triggered it just keeps warning me while I am driving. Has just been extremely annoying, contacting the dealer yet again. Didn't pay a bunch of money for a truck I can't use the features on.

Sponsored

Sribb43

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Bought my XLT on Monday. Next morning was backing out of driveway and this same error is present. Mentioned to dealership when I took in today for other items but after reading this looks as if they won’t be able to fix

Sribb43

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Had same issue, I the got truck back from dealership yesterday. They said they had to reset the braking system and now the message no longer appears

RaciCoyote

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT FX4 SuperCrew
I have the same issue when I park in my driveway. Truck is a week and a half old. After driving for a while, if I go in reverse, the message no longer appears. I will bring it to the dealership. I also have a sprayed in box liner.

21hybrid F150

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Powerboost ordered 7/14, built 9/18, at dealer 9/22. first drve 9/24. no errors. spray in bed liner 9/27. picked up 9/29. Reverse Brake Assist not available. Shop evidently took tailgate off - sales guy said mine was 3rd with same issue in past week from his customers - bedliner & reverse brake issue. Handed service writer the Ford TSB (the look of surprise on his face was so worth it). All fixed up and working as it is supposed to. Techs do need to do all the steps on the bulletin though. Skipped a step first time attempting to fix and had to call HQ who walked home through step by step until he went oops I skipped that one. Can't make that up.. 2nd F150 here and 8th vehicle from this dealer so know most of them well enough to get honest answer to my WTFs..

WLOF

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Powerboost ordered 7/14, built 9/18, at dealer 9/22. first drve 9/24. no errors. spray in bed liner 9/27. picked up 9/29. Reverse Brake Assist not available. Shop evidently took tailgate off - sales guy said mine was 3rd with same issue in past week from his customers - bedliner & reverse brake issue. Handed service writer the Ford TSB (the look of surprise on his face was so worth it). All fixed up and working as it is supposed to. Techs do need to do all the steps on the bulletin though. Skipped a step first time attempting to fix and had to call HQ who walked home through step by step until he went oops I skipped that one. Can't make that up.. 2nd F150 here and 8th vehicle from this dealer so know most of them well enough to get honest answer to my WTFs..
Can you link the Ford TSB for that issue? We brought our power boost in to the dealer to get the spray on bed liner and now the reverse brake assist isn’t working…

Sponsored

PK561

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Just got mine back today after having a spray in bed liner installed and it is happening to me!

21hybrid F150

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
it is about 3-4 hour job - resets and calibrations. been a week since got it back from service and no issues with reverse brake assist since.

Last edited:

Malexander0418

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I created an account just to chime in on this thread. I had this issue after getting my Line-X liner.
I took it back to the dealer and they recalibrated the 360 camera system and I no longer receive the message. I dropped my truck off in the morning and picked it up the same afternoon.

WLOF

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thank you! Truck’s in the shop now and just gave them this.
Sponsored