First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I've had the same pending update for 3-4 weeks. It fails every night. Would someone here be able to tell me why it fails?

VIN 1FTFW1E57NKE89107

Thank you.
Yep, your battery is too low for it to run since it says it could take up to 2+ hours. Make sure your battery is charged up or might be time for a new one.

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1712632947998-az
Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
@rugedraw
Can you check if there is any available updates for my truck.
VIN# 1FTFW1ED5NFB53178
Thanks
You have a IPC OTA in the queue right now trying to run and it might tonight depending how you have your OTA updates set.

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1712633284859-vx

Kanonprop

First Name
Kanon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB, Lariat
Looks like you have an OTA that is still trying to complete or never fully completed successfully and reported back as such. It is the 23-PU1113-UNX-DC that many of us have been receiving.

1712632778405-6i.png

You have quite a few other modules that need updates as well the FDRS way.

1712632691257-6f.png
Thank you Superfordman, much appreciated!!

greybrahms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 f150 xlt screw 3.5 Eco
Keep seeing the update icon every few days. Appears the update it wants to install should have been successful on 3/6/24, but has me questioning if it was actually successful. Do I have any OTA updates causing issues or am I up to date?

vin 1FTFW1E83PKD25236

thanks!

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Could I ask that someone check my updates & OTAs as well?

1FTFW1E53MFB13589

With the recent deluge of updates coming though I'm hopeful that I'm somewhat closer to having everything fully updated now.

Thanks in advance for all you guys are doing for us!

Sponsored

Tylerblodge

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Could I also please have someone check my OTA updates and history for my truck. I recently bought it and would love to know as much as I could about it! I really appreciate it!

VIN: 1FTEW1EP2MFC56577

Keyser Soze

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat FX4
I bought my 2023 truck in October and quickly had a number of OTA updates but none since December. Every few days there is a message saying an update will install at the next scheduled time (it is set for a scheduled daily time) and then it disappears without installing until the same notice shows up again a few days later. Could you check my update status to see if this a phantom message and whether I am behind: VIN: 1FTFW1E8XPFC62239

2023 F-150 Lariat
Thanks in advance
Keyser

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Looks like you have an OTA that is still trying to complete or never fully completed successfully and reported back as such. It is the 23-PU1113-UNX-DC that many of us have been receiving.

1712632778405-6i.png

You have quite a few other modules that need updates as well the FDRS way.
My boy Troy taking the burden off of my back. lol

@Kanonprop That particular OTA requires wifi to install. Get your truck hooked up to wifi to give it a chance to go through.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Keep seeing the update icon every few days. Appears the update it wants to install should have been successful on 3/6/24, but has me questioning if it was actually successful. Do I have any OTA updates causing issues or am I up to date?

vin 1FTFW1E83PKD25236

thanks!
I'ts a phantom update notification. You can ignore it. It will go away eventually. You can try resetting the APIM to see if it goes away.

Could I ask that someone check my updates & OTAs as well?

1FTFW1E53MFB13589

With the recent deluge of updates coming though I'm hopeful that I'm somewhat closer to having everything fully updated now.

Thanks in advance for all you guys are doing for us!
IPC update 6.8.0 was sent to you earlier today and the files are downloaded. Battery stats reported to the cloud are good as of 2-3 hours ago. You can go to your truck to check for updates and manually try to install it now.

Could I also please have someone check my OTA updates and history for my truck. I recently bought it and would love to know as much as I could about it! I really appreciate it!

VIN: 1FTEW1EP2MFC56577
OTA history is long and extensive. You got 6.8.0 five days ago and the DOR-UP2 door modules update today. It seems like the servers like your truck. You aren't missing much.

I bought my 2023 truck in October and quickly had a number of OTA updates but none since December. Every few days there is a message saying an update will install at the next scheduled time (it is set for a scheduled daily time) and then it disappears without installing until the same notice shows up again a few days later. Could you check my update status to see if this a phantom message and whether I am behind: VIN: 1FTFW1E8XPFC62239

2023 F-150 Lariat
Thanks in advance
Keyser
Last power-up update you got was 6.4.0 followed by the TCU config update. You are showing some modules pending updates, but there is nothing to worry about in your case....you will get them. If you are seeing an update message now, it is a phantom message and you can ignore. There is no active OTA trigger on your truck at this time.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
IPC update 6.8.0 was sent to you earlier today and the files are downloaded. Battery stats reported to the cloud are good as of 2-3 hours ago. You can go to your truck to check for updates and manually try to install it now.
Thank you, Sir! I just went out and gave 'er a go. With any luck it should be installing right now.

Do you happen to know how many more I have left to be caught up? Every time I get a successful install message I take a screenshot so I can track which ones have been installed, but they don't really seem to be coming in any particular order.

Thank you again. And welcome back. Hope your vacation was the rest you hoped it would be.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thank you, Sir! I just went out and gave 'er a go. With any luck it should be installing right now.

Do you happen to know how many more I have left to be caught up? Every time I get a successful install message I take a screenshot so I can track which ones have been installed, but they don't really seem to be coming in any particular order.

Thank you again. And welcome back. Hope your vacation was the rest you hoped it would be.
Here you go, and it was awesome!

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1712690337126-pl

Kanonprop

First Name
Kanon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB, Lariat
My boy Troy taking the burden off of my back. lol

@Kanonprop That particular OTA requires wifi to install. Get your truck hooked up to wifi to give it a chance to go through.
Thanks rugedraw, not sure why it did not/has not installed as the truck is connected to wifi 80% of the time🤷🏻‍♂️. I have changed the software download time to later to see if that helps. I have been suffering the phantom download notification on the screen as many others are.. Heres hoping it will load..

Keyser Soze

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat FX4
Last power-up update you got was 6.4.0 followed by the TCU config update. You are showing some modules pending updates, but there is nothing to worry about in your case....you will get them. If you are seeing an update message now, it is a phantom message and you can ignore. There is no active OTA trigger on your truck at this time.
Thank you for doing this on my behalf. Much Appreciated!!

germanace90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5L Ecoboost Lariat
If they are willing to listen, tell them they need to open a ticket with engineering and tell them your truck's GWM is at the -LKB version which is not the latest and FDRS is not showing a GWM update for you. Ford engineering needs to release the next GWM to your vehicle on the server side so that your dealer can install it. Once they install that GWM and do a network scan, another update will pop up....it could be an APIM, TCU or maybe another GWM. They need to do that update and the next one until an IPC update shows up. Once they do that IPC update, your BC will work. The IPC update is what you need for BC to work, but because these updates have to be installed in a sequential order, the IPC update will not show until the GWM and a few others are installed first.

Or, get yourself a Mongoose and we can help you fix it yourself.
Good news (I think), Ford engineers did send a GWM update and the dealer just finished updating quite a few others as well. They didn't go through all of them, so I'm not sure if they did the IPC or not. Can we check and see if there's anything left after all the work they did?

Still not seeing Bluecruise as an option in the Fordpass app to subscribe to, but I think that's a separate issue. VIN again is 1FTFW1E84MKD32949

Glad you were able to point out the steps they needed to take, I don't think anything would have happened.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
@rugedraw I just submitted a buyback request on my broken truck. Does Ford have access to the DTCs reported by the truck since it first had battery power connected to it or is it a limited amount of time?
Sponsored