Sponsored

Request VIN Lookup Thread

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
Sometimes when you do certain updates it will immediately trigger more. I’ve seen that quite a few times updating trucks where I’m to the last one. Think I’m done and then refresh and 3 more show up. Lol
Running the next APIM update. Currently "Copying to USB [2GB/6GB]" and 2 hours in.
Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Running the next APIM update. Currently "Copying to USB [2GB/6GB]" and 2 hours in.
Jesus. Those apim updates can be a real bitch. They take forever sometimes. The other one that sucks balls is the IPMA!

Liv2Ryd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Sales Manager
Greetings, recently purchased a used 21 F150 Platinum Powerboost with 30K miles. Long time F150 owner but this one is starting to test my patience. So far the truck has been great but I've unearthed a few issues and could use some help understanding the history of my truck. To date, I know that it is still on Sync 20301 so its likely never been updated. Tried to run the OTA update, but got nothing so I'm in OTA purgatory. It also has the HD tow package with 3.73 gears which is prone to bolt breakage. Finally, my Ambient light utility is not displaying on my Sync 4 screen.

Carfax says the truck has been in for warranty repair several times but gives no detail. The dealer I bought it from said it was for recalls but gave no details. Is there a chance on of you fine gentlemen could run my VIN and get me the repair history?

VIN 1FTFW1ED2MFB86637

I'm sure glad I bought a CPO with a 12 month bumper to bumper warranty. Looks like I might be using it soon.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
1FTEW1EP0MFB19489
I've received some updates lately can someone show me what I am missing?
Your truck seems to be on a roll. 4.2.1 is in your queue as of today. As long as it didn't skip over older updates as has been happening to people lately, you're good to go.

Good day. My truck has been receiving OTA updates but seems to be stuck on 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM. I've ensured all preconditions are met but keep getting a notification of failure no matter how many times I try. My VIN is 1FTFW1E80MFA32771. Do I need get a mongoose to fix this, or is there another solution?
You need to initiate the update and park your truck while it updates. It seems like you interrupted the porcess which caused the failure.

Just realized it seems I haven't gotten any updates. My truck connects to Wi-FI most nights. What's the best way to resolve this?

Screenshot 2023-05-29 132132.png
Your truck is stuck on Sync 20301 which is old software known to brake the OTA process. Without intervention, you will never get an OTA. Your dealer needs to manually update your APIM or diagnose it as faulty in order to get you out of its current state. I strongly recommend getting a Mongoose and doing it yourself.

Did updates yesterday. How do I find what OTA version I ended up on ?

VIN 1FTFW1E87MKD23274
Keep doing updates until nothing shows up on that list. Do the APIM first, then try the CMR again.

Just bought this 1FTFW1E80MFB31087. Eagerly awaiting the update for full screen carplay. Not sure what I can do if anything to make it happen. Thanks for the help.
The update for full screen capability was sent to you 5/30 and failed. It is being sent to you out of sequences. You will not get cameras in motion, pro trailer back up assist with the sticker or bluecruise if your truck is supposed to have it without a Mongoose tool.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Greetings, recently purchased a used 21 F150 Platinum Powerboost with 30K miles. Long time F150 owner but this one is starting to test my patience. So far the truck has been great but I've unearthed a few issues and could use some help understanding the history of my truck. To date, I know that it is still on Sync 20301 so its likely never been updated. Tried to run the OTA update, but got nothing so I'm in OTA purgatory. It also has the HD tow package with 3.73 gears which is prone to bolt breakage. Finally, my Ambient light utility is not displaying on my Sync 4 screen.

Carfax says the truck has been in for warranty repair several times but gives no detail. The dealer I bought it from said it was for recalls but gave no details. Is there a chance on of you fine gentlemen could run my VIN and get me the repair history?

VIN 1FTFW1ED2MFB86637

I'm sure glad I bought a CPO with a 12 month bumper to bumper warranty. Looks like I might be using it soon.
Yes, you are in OTA purgatory. Invest the $550 into a Mongoose and avoid the head aches is what i recommend. You are very far behind in updates and will never get one with intervention.

Attachments

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
Finished all the updates last night. Should be all caught up on OTA's. Didn't have blue cruise lane changing this morning so my truck is probably too early of a build.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Finished all the updates last night. Should be all caught up on OTA's. Didn't have blue cruise lane changing this morning so my truck is probably too early of a build.
Your truck is supposed to have BC. If you still have the Mongoose, @Jesse-Infotainment maybe able to help get you what you are missing. I may have been better to have him do his thing before you got as far as you did, but I digress to the expert.

1FTFW1E87MKD23274

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Your truck is supposed to have BC. If you still have the Mongoose, @Jesse-Infotainment maybe able to help get you what you are missing. I may have been better to have him do his thing before you got as far as you did, but I digress to the expert.

1FTFW1E87MKD23274
yOU HAVE BLUE CRUISE BUT NOT LANE CHANGE. nO TRUCKS HAVE LANE CHANGE

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Could somebody please check on 1FTFW1ED9NFA22318 for me? Thanks in advance!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I do have BC. Thought that lane change was coming via OTA but I only briefly skimmed through the video that was on you tube. Thanks for all the help.
Ah, I misread your post. I had understood you didn't have BC at all.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Could somebody please check on 1FTFW1ED9NFA22318 for me? Thanks in advance!
As far as OTA's go, your truck is completely up to date.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost

Liv2Ryd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Sales Manager
Yes, you are in OTA purgatory. Invest the $550 into a Mongoose and avoid the head aches is what i recommend. You are very far behind in updates and will never get one with intervention.
@rugedraw Thank god for people like you who are willing to help us new owners out. Looks like my truck just had a new set of axle shafts installed in March. I'll get a mongoose on order and start down the rabbit hole. Wish me luck.
Sponsored