Request VIN Lookup Thread

spetaa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Seems like your truck was fully updated with FDRS not too long ago. You are only showing updates for the HVAC and door modules.

Your problem goes well beyond the codes you are seeing. Your truck is on Sync 20301 which is bad software from 2020 known to break the OTA process. Are you able to turn auto-updates on, or is it grayed out and the toggle doesn't work? If you can't turn auto-updates off, your APIM will most likely need to be swapped out. Your warranty expired two months ago, so this may be a you problem now if you want to fix it. Your truck has never gotten an update and never will.
Auto updates isn't grayed out but the toggle doesn't work. Can put on scheduled updates but doesn't seem to work.

Called the dealership at 59,000KM(60,000 warranty expiration) and they said couldn't get me in for a couple weeks, when I went in for the appointment I was over and said if I wanted to change the APIM it would be on me. Sweet timing! I would of assumed they would of had to update/check the modules when doing the recalls/maintenance but I guess not.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Auto updates isn't grayed out but the toggle doesn't work. Can put on scheduled updates but doesn't seem to work.

Called the dealership at 59,000KM(60,000 warranty expiration) and they said couldn't get me in for a couple weeks, when I went in for the appointment I was over and said if I wanted to change the APIM it would be on me. Sweet timing! I would of assumed they would of had to update/check the modules when doing the recalls/maintenance but I guess not.
If the toggle doesn't work, then only a new APIM will fix the problem.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
If the toggle doesn't work, then only a new APIM will fix the problem.
Not always true, my truck had that same issue. Dealer #1 couldn't repair and said it needed a new APIM, took it to dealer #2 and they fixed it in 90 minutes without putting a new APIM in it. I think if you have a skilled tech it makes a difference.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Not always true, my truck had that same issue. Dealer #1 couldn't repair and said it needed a new APIM, took it to dealer #2 and they fixed it in 90 minutes without putting a new APIM in it. I think if you have a skilled tech it makes a difference.
The success rate of TSB 22-2404 is less than 10%. Many have tried and most have failed.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
If it was my money I sure would try hard on that TSB. Nothing to lose by trying it and still need to buy Mongoose anyway to get decently updated.

Sponsored

LMarl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Just realized I didn't tag you on that post.

There is nothing your dealer can do. Jesse would make a custom one-off update specifically for your truck to fix the config problem. The is not a mechanical problem......this is a software problem. Ford techs are not software engineers. They aren't going to know what to do and can't do it even if you could explain it to them because they don't have the tools to do it.

You can continue to try the dealership route if you want, but I would not hold my breath.

I have been watching this group over the last few months and there is a lot of expertise in it. As of today the warranty ticket that was opened in October was closed by the dealer saying they had done all they could and I just had to keep waiting for a OTA update to fit it. During the time from October to today they replaced the APIM two times. Now the truck is out of warranty and as you said, the dealer did not have the expertise to diagnose the issue.

So thanks for looking into this and if the offer you made back in October is still available, I would gladly take you up on it.

I have the vLinker.
I set up FORScan and got a license that is good to 7/23/24
I installed TeamViewer
and have a 64G USB drive

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have been watching this group over the last few months and there is a lot of expertise in it. As of today the warranty ticket that was opened in October was closed by the dealer saying they had done all they could and I just had to keep waiting for a OTA update to fit it. During the time from October to today they replaced the APIM two times. Now the truck is out of warranty and as you said, the dealer did not have the expertise to diagnose the issue.

So thanks for looking into this and if the offer you made back in October is still available, I would gladly take you up on it.

I have the vLinker.
I set up FORScan and got a license that is good to 7/23/24
I installed TeamViewer
and have a 64G USB drive
I'm sure Jesse is still willing to help. I remember your case vaguely. PM me your VIN so I can get acclimated with your case again.

JustinH

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Computer Engineer
I can't seem to lock/unlock my truck from FordPass recently but everything else in the app works. I was wondering if there was something someone could look into for me?

1FTFW1ED1PFA16905

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I can't seem to lock/unlock my truck from FordPass recently but everything else in the app works. I was wondering if there was something someone could look into for me?

1FTFW1ED1PFA16905
PTS shows this campaign open for your VIN stating a GWM can fix connectivity issues preventing certain connected features from working. One of the things specifically mentioned if you read through the document is Fordpass not being able to lock/inlock the vehicle. This looks like a good place to start. Without FDRS, a dealer visit will be required.

Attachments

JustinH

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Engineer
PTS shows this campaign open for your VIN stating a GWM can fix connectivity issues preventing certain connected features from working. One of the things specifically mentioned if you read through the document is Fordpass not being able to lock/inlock the vehicle. This looks like a good place to start. Without FDRS, a dealer visit will be required.
I noticed I had that campaign a few weeks back but I think last time you looked into updates for my truck it didn't list any updates for my GWM module so I assumed it was fixed by an OTA update somewhere.

If it doesn't show an update available, would the dealer even be able to help?

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I noticed I had that campaign a few weeks back but I think last time you looked into updates for my truck it didn't list any updates for my GWM module so I assumed it was fixed by an OTA update somewhere.

If it doesn't show an update available, would the dealer even be able to help?
Good point, but to check if you are showing a GWM update, I need FDRS. Remind me after 7pm eastern when I'm home and I'll gladly check from my laptop.

Mstephens20

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum FX4 701A High
1FTFW1ED9MFB06427
Can someone have a look and see what I have available for updates. Thank you!!

Also has there been a fix for the BCM update, I wasn’t able to do it last FDRS session.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
1FTFW1ED9MFB06427
Can someone have a look and see what I have available for updates. Thank you!!

Also has there been a fix for the BCM update, I wasn’t able to do it last FDRS session.
This is what yo have showing.

There is a different issue with the BCM that won't allow you to update it now, so you still won't be able to do it.

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1716503397454-jz

JustinH

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Good point, but to check if you are showing a GWM update, I need FDRS. Remind me after 7pm eastern when I'm home and I'll gladly check from my laptop.
Of course when I finally decide to ask about my FordPass issue after a week of it not working right, it starts working again.

Its either a crazy coincidence or someone from Ford is lurking here and secretly fixed it for me 🤔

Mstephens20

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum FX4 701A High
This is what yo have showing.

There is a different issue with the BCM that won't allow you to update it now, so you still won't be able to do it.

1716503397454-jz.png
Thank you!
Sponsored