First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat V8
Occupation
Happily Retired - USMÇ
Spent 3 hours in the FORD dealer yesterday for the flickering light recall only to find out that the software was updated over the air via FORD without notifying me or the dealership? WTF?
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Spent 3 hours in the FORD dealer yesterday for the flickering light recall only to find out that the software was updated over the air via FORD without notifying me or the dealership? WTF?
i was unaware of this ? last OTA updates didnt mention flickering of lights,
maybe a brain here can chime in the let us old dudes catch up

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Let me preface this by saying that I’m always a bit skeptical of dealer service departments and this story has me questioning the dealer. Now, I’m not 100% certain, but I’d imagine Ford would have to mention a recall in the release notes for the update. I vaguely remember reading a screenshot of the description/notes for when they did the trailer brake recall OTA. (I think it was the trailer brakes.) Safety recalls are fairly well regulated by NHTSA including the notification requirements. If I had to guess, this is a dealer that didn’t have a tech on who could do the software update.

EDIT: found the thread, post #499

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...dule-campaign-nhtsa-22s17-22v193.9742/page-34

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Highly sceptical!
But that still leaves room for me to be wrong. I do know what crow tastes like, afterall.

Enter your VIN if it isn't already associated with your account.

If the recall(s) are still listed, then FORD doesn't think they have delivered it to you OTA.

My truck certainly hasn't been suffering from not getting updates. And I won't let a dealership touch this sweet ride. Unless I have no other choice.

Ford F-150 Recall waste of time -  22C22 + 22V686 Screenshot_20230429_162201_Brave

Fenda65

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Truck driver
Flickering lights? Is it the fog lamps? I actually have noticed that the driver's side fog light will turn on when turning left when in daytime mode. So it's still a little dark when I leave for work and notice that if I don't have fog lamps on, I can see it come on when turning left, then go out when turn is done. Not sure if right turn lamp does the same.

Sponsored

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Flickering lights? Is it the fog lamps? I actually have noticed that the driver's side fog light will turn on when turning left when in daytime mode. So it's still a little dark when I leave for work and notice that if I don't have fog lamps on, I can see it come on when turning left, then go out when turn is done. Not sure if right turn lamp does the same.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...A&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=web

The cornering lamps illuminate the inside of a corner when you are turning the steering wheel or when you switch the turn signal lamps on. They turn on when the vehicle speed is below 25 mph (40 km/h).
Note: Only the cornering lamp on the side your vehicle is turning illuminates.
Note: Cornering lamps do not operate if you switch the front fog lamps on.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Jesse told me one of the 22-PU10xx updates was the one that fixed the light issue. I don't remember if it was PU1007 or PU1009, but the fix was pushed out via an OTA.
Sponsored