Sponsored

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
Ya I agree. The system even says North America on it but I’m assuming it has something to do with the differences from Canadian to US trucks but only Ford knows. Fingers crossed…
Dealer said they have the fix and they are pulling my truck into service right now.
I asked them to check this morning and I don’t think they did till now but anyways the fix is out and I’m supposed to pick up the truck after work. I’ll update when I can.
Sponsored

AMGmerc44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Dealer said they have the fix and they are pulling my truck into service right now.
I asked them to check this morning and I don’t think they did till now but anyways the fix is out and I’m supposed to pick up the truck after work. I’ll update when I can.
Yes please let me know, I’m on the east coast so about 4 hours ahead of you. Service dept is closed. Would be good to call them in the morning with this info.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
Yes please let me know, I’m on the east coast so about 4 hours ahead of you. Service dept is closed. Would be good to call them in the morning with this info.
So apparently the service department was too busy to get the truck in today. Considering the amount of time I’ve waited for it I’m not impressed that it wasn’t a priority. So I can’t give you any info really other then they said they have the fix, it’s booked in for tomorrow and I’ll be able to pick it up tomorrow.

AMGmerc44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
So apparently the service department was too busy to get the truck in today. Considering the amount of time I’ve waited for it I’m not impressed that it wasn’t a priority. So I can’t give you any info really other then they said they have the fix, it’s booked in for tomorrow and I’ll be able to pick it up tomorrow.
Finally got the call, recall is fixed. Just getting final detailing and will be ready for pickup tonight!

Sponsored

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
Finally got the call, recall is fixed. Just getting final detailing and will be ready for pickup tonight!
I finally got mine. Took some yelling unfortunately. The service manager didn’t feel like it was a priority to get the update done so I could have my truck after waiting as long as I didn’t, clearly I didn’t agree.

RCMills

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Got both the Windshield wiper motor and light flicker recalls taken care of today

Last edited:

RCMills

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My paperwork that I got on this morning's pick-up of my Truck, reads as such:
Recall #22571 wiper motor
inspect wiper motor part # ML34-1750 BLANK FAILED
Replaced Wiper Motor, retest, pass

PARTS:
Motor Asy - WI
Part # ML3Z - 17508-E

So that is the extent of my knowledge. I have not done a visual inspection, but I feel comfortable I got a new wiper motor.

If of any value, my location is Tacoma , Wa.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A

PARTS:
Motor Asy - WI
Part # ML3Z - 17508-E

So that is the extent of my knowledge. I have not done a visual inspection, but I feel comfortable I got a new wiper motor.

Good to know. When they inspected my wiper motor it passed but I was under the impression parts weren’t available. Does pass mean the recall is complete? Haven’t really looked into it. I think the wiper motor took a back seat as everyone was waiting for the parking lamp recall so they could pick up their trucks.

Sponsored

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A

PARTS:
Motor Asy - WI
Part # ML3Z - 17508-E

I just looked up recalls on my truck and there aren’t any now so a pass on the windshield wiper motor must mean recall complete.

RCMills

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Good to know. When they inspected my wiper motor it passed but I was under the impression parts weren’t available. Does pass mean the recall is complete? Haven’t really looked into it. I think the wiper motor took a back seat as everyone was waiting for the parking lamp recall so they could pick up their trucks.
My paperwork also notes :
Recall 22C22 park Lamp Flicker
HCM Module software updated

I never noticed a flicker, but guess it is fixed now

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
My paperwork also notes :
Recall 22C22 park Lamp Flicker
HCM Module software updated

I never noticed a flicker, but guess it is fixed now
I just noticed the flicker for the first time today, coincidentally also probably the first time seeing these lights even on. It's BAD, like haunted motel with the bulbs in the backlit sign trying to go out levels of bad.

Separately, I feel extremely thankful my dealer let me take delivery with the agreement the recall gets handled when a fix is ready. I wouldn't have been able to wait this long.

Northguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT, 2010 F150 XLT
Currently in dealership getting the warranty "fix" for the flickering light issue. My truck driver DRL would flicker when I remote started it. What was interesting was my truck sat for 3 mohs in a rail railyard after taking 5 mths to build due to the truck not being able to be released due to the flickering light issue. It showed up one day out of the blue to my dealer completely surprising the dealer. I had the flickering light warranty recall almost from day 1 in the Ford pass app. I had been calling the CEO executive assistant weekly so maybe they just sent it without the fix to stop me calling.

Will update after getting my truck back - supposed to take an hr for the fix.

Northguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT, 2010 F150 XLT
So took a bit over 1 hr. They inspected a bunch of parts to confirm serial numbers that they shared with Ford. Then they did a software update to the BCM and HCM modules. Did reset my prefered settings on dash.

Will have to see if it fixes the flickering issue I was experiencing on driver side. Now just 1 recall left on my truck - wiper motor dealer said would be near end of year before they have parts to fix it preventively.
Sponsored