First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
The recall I'm referring to isn't the power tailgate, it's just the standard that you can lower only from cab button or FOB
Same thing.

The only way to lower my tailgate is to push the button on the tailgate. (and hang on!)

I never really noticed how heavy my tailgate was until my company leased me a new Silverado. I guess it’s the added weight of the fold out step and handle.

But honestly… I didn’t “pass” on the auto tailgate primarily due to any concerns of an “issue” or defect. I passed on it because I like to be able to take my tailgate off from time to time and thought that the extra electronics would make that more difficult.

I’ve since found out that it’s not really that big a deal with the power tailgate.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I love that that tailgate step, but yea, Ford didn't exactly go after a lightweight stair assembly.

If you remove the tailgate skin you will see all steel and fairly robust. I guess I should be happy that it's capable of handling my robust self without adding a couple of new creases in that beautiful outer skin?

21f150va

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
The dealer I bought my 21 from called me yesterday to let me know there was a recall on the tailgate and to schedule a time to get it fixed. I told them that I would hold off for now because i've never had any issues. Today for the first time ever I was driving and the tailgate fell down. Strange coincidence?

Kendunn

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost
Occupation
Self employed
Kind of off topic, but does anyone else have an issue with the tailgate top cover being pulled off when the tailgate is down and you slide something out of the bed? Everything catches and pulls it off, easy enough to snap back on.....for now....but at some point I suspect it wont
Sponsored