Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
We're happy to announce that the new Putco Freedom Blades are now available for the 2021+ F150. If you're familiar with tailgate bars you know how up until recently they were always a pain to use on the F150s. They constantly threw codes with the trucks and they thought trailers were connected.

WELL, that's all been fixed. The new Putco Freedom Blades feature harnesses that work with the 2021+ F150s so that you eliminate that annoying "TRAILER CONNECTED" message.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/putco-...th-plug-n-play-connector-for-2021-ford-f-150/

NEW Features exclusive to the FREEDOM BLADE – The Most Advanced LED Tailgate Light Bar Ever Made.
  • Industry-Exclusive Start-up Sequence: You have the Freedom to choose your start-up sequence providing a beautiful approach light when you unlock or start up your truck.
  • Light Output Colors: Freedom Blade has red, amber, and white LEDs – but you have the Freedom to choose between an amber or red turn signal!
  • Scanning Light Bar: Choose between the standard flash or other fully sequential turn signals styles.
  • Scanning Hazards: Center-out Scanning directional lights.
  • Tripple Flash Brake: BE SAFE, BE SEEN with our Quick Pulse Brake Light Flash when you step on the Brake.
  • Bright White Reverse Light: Produces a 6,000K cool white reverse light adding an extremely bright backup light at night pushing 3,000 Lumens.
  • High Power LEDs: Including over 1,296 LEDs in a single 60″ light bar.
  • Most Advanced LED Tailgate Light Bar Ever Made: 10 years ahead in technology vs any competitor!
  • Made in the USA: Designed, manufactured, and assembled by Putco in Des Moines, IA.
  • Patented: Exclusive design and functions by Putco Inc.
Expect the same Features from the Original Blade Tailgate Light Bar
  • Optional Lengths: The Freedom Blade is offered 48″ & 60″ with more sizes coming soon!
  • Multi-Function Lights: The Blade light bar syncs with your tail lights adding additional running lights, brake lights, reverse lights, hazard lights & turn signals.
  • Durable Housing: The LEDs are fully encapsulated in a tinted polycarbonate resin that provides top-notch weatherproofing from water, debris, and dust.
  • Direct Fit Harness Included: Plug-N-Play with Putco’s Exclusives Quick Connect harnesses for today’s high-tech truck electrical systems.
  • DOT/SAE: SAE 2022 IRSE19 DOT Compliant
  • Warranty: Putco’s 3-Year Warranty on Blade™ Products.
Grab one from us today and we'll ship it FREE (within the lower 48 US States)

Ford F-150 Putco Freedom Blade 60" Tailgate Light Bar Now Available 1706996595839

For those who are looking for the original Putco Blade, which has all of your typical functions (brake, reverse, indicators) it's a bit less $$ over the Freedom Blade. The Freedom blade has programmable features/startup sequences whereas the regular Blade does not (so you save some $$ there)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/putco-...ith-plug-n-play-connector-for-2021-ford-f-150

Sponsored

Last edited:

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
This looks really nice. I want a light bar because I just do not think there is enough of a brake light footprint when looking directly at the back of the truck.

However can you tell me how Putco would deal with this tailgate issue for some of the F-150's? Thanks for any reply.

Ford F-150 Putco Freedom Blade 60" Tailgate Light Bar Now Available AAWhy.JPG

FrankSJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum 3.5 RR BAP, 2015 Mustang GT PP
This looks really nice. I want a light bar because I just do not think there is enough of a brake light footprint when looking directly at the back of the truck.

However can you tell me how Putco would deal with this tailgate issue for some of the F-150's? Thanks for any reply.

AAWhy.JPG
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...light-bar-on-platinum-trim.21219/#post-408620

I installed the freedom blade recently and another member had the same question as you about the tailgate alignment bracket. Here was my solution in this thread.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...light-bar-on-platinum-trim.21219/#post-408620

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I got a Putco light bar, not that fancy but the one just below that off of Putco. The one I got is the same one you can buy from Ford Accessories. They took that off.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation

AAWhy.JPG
I believe Putco includes 2 styles of clips. Low profile ones and then ones that stick up more, to account for this.

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
This looks very cool… then I saw the price 😲
They make a good product unfortunately like everything nowadays prices have gone up
:(
The Putco 30" curved light bar I bought for my '15 was $450. I think the exact same light is over $900 bucks.
Edit: Holy crap, I just looked, now they are over $1100...
For what it's worth, they are good products.

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
Complete trash, don't waste your money. I've thrown two of these in the trash. There are 3 distinct plugs in the F150; Putco makes no effort to explain which fits which and provides exactly zero help even if you call them. Learn from the $1200 that I wasted and spend your money elsewhere. The best example of how much they care about customers is the fact that they don't even have an install video for the F150.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Complete trash, don't waste your money. I've thrown two of these in the trash. There are 3 distinct plugs in the F150; Putco makes no effort to explain which fits which and provides exactly zero help even if you call them. Learn from the $1200 that I wasted and spend your money elsewhere. The best example of how much they care about customers is the fact that they don't even have an install video for the F150.
We've been installing Putco bars for years and have never had a single one fail or any issues.

Smokewagun

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat Lightning
$562????? Are you SERIOUS? I’m betting these will be here today and gone tomorrow at that price.

Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
$562????? Are you SERIOUS? I’m betting these will be here today and gone tomorrow at that price.
The F150 Freedom Blades are expensive then the original Blades (which we still sell and are around $372).

They have a lot more features and programming options you can do with them. Might not be for everybody BUT if you want a bar that does some pretty unique things, it's for you. Otherwise we still sell the original Blades which are $372.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Now that's a much more reasonable option.
Where can I find installation instructions for the F-150?
They come in the box. Very simple. Just mount it with the included mounting clips (uses 3M adhesive), and then the harness that's included plugs in-line with the tail lights
Sponsored