Sponsored

Question about the tailgate and installing a light bar on Platinum trim.

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 3.5L EB Platinum w/BAP
Occupation
Info Tech
I have a 2023 F-150 Platinum with the powered tailgate.

I was about to install a Putco tailgate light bar but there is a small bracket on my driver's side which prevents me from installing it. It looks like it's some sort of guide for the tailgate, but I've not seen it on others. It's only on the passenger side and it looks like there's matching holes on the driver's side.

I can't really go underneath it and I was wondering if it's important or can it be removed.

Passenger side

Ford F-150 Question about the tailgate and installing a light bar on Platinum trim. Talgate01

Driver's side

Ford F-150 Question about the tailgate and installing a light bar on Platinum trim. Talgate02
Sponsored

Last edited:

FrankSJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum 3.5 RR BAP, 2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a 2023 F-150 Platinum with the powered tailgate.

I was about to install a Putco tailgate light bar but there is a small bracket on my driver's side which prevents me from installing it. It looks like it's a some sort of guide for the tailgate, but I've not seen it on others. It's only on the passenger side and it looks like there's matching holes on the driver's side.

I can't really go underneath it and I was wondering if it's important or can it be removed.

Passenger side

Talgate01.jpg

Driver's side

Talgate02.jpg
I was in the same position as you. Found a few screws leftover from a flatscreen wall mount kit that fit perfect, and switched them out. same thread and all, the screws have a much smaller head, sprayed them black and used a little blue loctite. The brackets cleared them just enough.
Ford F-150 Question about the tailgate and installing a light bar on Platinum trim. IMG_1863