Sponsored

Proud to be an American (F-150 Gen14 Edition)

Abraham5G

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
Yes, Carbonized Gray. I love it, but kinda wish they still had Leadfoot!

Yes, my next move on the iPhone map shows up in the center cluster.
IMG_4192.JPG
Very cool, anyone know if directions from Google Maps on Amdroid Auto show up on the instrument cluster of the Lariats as well?
Sponsored

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
Very cool, anyone know if directions from Google Maps on Amdroid Auto show up on the instrument cluster of the Lariats as well?
Yea they do. The Lariats and up have a fully digital 12" dash

hopkinsendo

First Name
Hopkins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Last week I took delivery of my 2023 F-150 4x4 XLT 302A 157wb 3.5L Ecoboost Sport Package, and let me tell you, this is one Fine American Automobile. It's outstanding in every way. The fit and finish are superb. Fantastic technology. The 3.5L gen 3 Ecoboost is an impressive engine by any standard. I absolutely love it and wouldn't change a thing.

IMG_4173.JPG

Yesterday I had to ruck a couple miles from the vehicle and didn't want the key fob with me. No problem, left the key in the truck and used the external keycode when I got back. My garage parking is crazy tight, but that's trivial with the 360 camera. 700+ miles on a full tank. A quiet ride. 12" screen. Zone lighting. My iPhone map directions appear on the digital instrument cluster so I don't need to take my eyes off center. And the F-150 window profile is a beautiful touch that is under-appreciated by non-F150 truck owners. The increased visibility and overall feel in the cab from that window dip is just primo.

I went with the XLT because while I could afford more, I didn't want to afford the Lariat+ levels. There are some nice features up there for sure, and I understand and respect those who want every bell and whistle. But for me, the XLT is the perfect blend of the features I care about and need, without the fancy stuff that adds $20K to the price and I am fine without. That money is better off in the kids' college funds.

The one thing that almost pushed me to the Lariat is the 4A drive mode. I live in Colorado and there are plenty of times when I don't need 4Hi but would like the increased confidence of 4A. However, I am unexpectedly starting to realize that it's probably not a big deal, and of course I have 4x4 if things get really hairy. I would also like an integrated garage door opener, though that's pretty trivial considering I just clipped one to the visor. The back-seat center armrest/cupholder would be nice for my kids, but when I was a kid they just threw us in the bed, so my kids will be fine without the armrest.

Now please understand that I am coming from a vehicle that I purchased off the lot 18 years ago, so I suppose it's a matter of perspective. But I am just blown away by the quality of my 2023 F-150.

Oh, check out this Easter Egg I discovered, the 75 Year emblem on the windshield. While I'm sure others have already noticed, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere despite extensive research prior to purchase. I probably wouldn't have seen it if not for the fact that I step down into my garage from the house.

IMG_4165.JPG

Job well done @Ford Motor Company ! This is a beautiful and impressive truck in every way. Damn proud to be an American right now (always!).

IMG_4160.JPG

Completely agree with you. It really looks impressive and powerful! Probably the best car I've ever had, personally. I've always liked Fords, but this one especially.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

sharing a real treasure trove for creative American minds. An amazing database of essay examples can be found at https://edubirdie.com/examples/what-it-means-to-be-an-american/ where you can discover the best options for your inspiration. Forget about endless searches and late-night coffee marathons because on this website, you'll find priceless essay examples on a wide range of topics.

Last edited:

Groovicles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PB
Last week I took delivery of my 2023 F-150 4x4 XLT 302A 157wb 3.5L Ecoboost Sport Package, and let me tell you, this is one Fine American Automobile. It's outstanding in every way. The fit and finish are superb. Fantastic technology. The 3.5L gen 3 Ecoboost is an impressive engine by any standard. I absolutely love it and wouldn't change a thing.

IMG_4173.JPG

Yesterday I had to ruck a couple miles from the vehicle and didn't want the key fob with me. No problem, left the key in the truck and used the external keycode when I got back. My garage parking is crazy tight, but that's trivial with the 360 camera. 700+ miles on a full tank. A quiet ride. 12" screen. Zone lighting. My iPhone map directions appear on the digital instrument cluster so I don't need to take my eyes off center. And the F-150 window profile is a beautiful touch that is under-appreciated by non-F150 truck owners. The increased visibility and overall feel in the cab from that window dip is just primo.

I went with the XLT because while I could afford more, I didn't want to afford the Lariat+ levels. There are some nice features up there for sure, and I understand and respect those who want every bell and whistle. But for me, the XLT is the perfect blend of the features I care about and need, without the fancy stuff that adds $20K to the price and I am fine without. That money is better off in the kids' college funds.

The one thing that almost pushed me to the Lariat is the 4A drive mode. I live in Colorado and there are plenty of times when I don't need 4Hi but would like the increased confidence of 4A. However, I am unexpectedly starting to realize that it's probably not a big deal, and of course I have 4x4 if things get really hairy. I would also like an integrated garage door opener, though that's pretty trivial considering I just clipped one to the visor. The back-seat center armrest/cupholder would be nice for my kids, but when I was a kid they just threw us in the bed, so my kids will be fine without the armrest.

Now please understand that I am coming from a vehicle that I purchased off the lot 18 years ago, so I suppose it's a matter of perspective. But I am just blown away by the quality of my 2023 F-150.

Oh, check out this Easter Egg I discovered, the 75 Year emblem on the windshield. While I'm sure others have already noticed, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere despite extensive research prior to purchase. I probably wouldn't have seen it if not for the fact that I step down into my garage from the house.

IMG_4165.JPG

Job well done @Ford Motor Company ! This is a beautiful and impressive truck in every way. Damn proud to be an American right now (always!).

IMG_4160.JPG
Great looking vehicle! I wish my XLT had 4A though. I live in Canada and the driving conditions can change very quickly with very little notice, and while I can switch to 4H as needed I'd rather not have to take my eyes off the road to do it. Otherwise, this is definitely my favourite vehicle I've ever owned! Welcome to the team!

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Yes. I've looked into it. Especially when you consider you can sell your existing stuff.

My '22 does this. Used to only be with AppleMaps via CarPlay, but I *think* after the last update, it started working with Google Maps as well.
Is that with a certain my view choice?

Reactions: 780

RCVBAF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Ranger FX4, 2021 Bronco, 2023 F150 FX4
Great looking truck. This will be our 7th F150 when it gets here. We went with a XLT as well although a Avalanche Heritage edition. Hope you are enjoying the big sunroof. Had one on my ‘18, the ‘23 will have one too. Ford makes a awesome truck. Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Built Ford Proud!

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"
I've had my Avalanche 302a PB with 360 cams for almost 90 days. What an amazing vehicle. The 2 step start and blower at 5 parts notwithstanding, it's wonderful. Looking forward to many years with it.

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Is that with a certain my view choice?
Honestly couldn't tell you. I don't recall doing anything. Just punched in the directions on my phone. But, it could be I changed a setting long ago and just forgot I did though.

Are you referring to Apple Maps showing directions on the cluster or Google Maps?

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"
Great looking truck. This will be our 7th F150 when it gets here. We went with a XLT as well although a Avalanche Heritage edition. Hope you are enjoying the big sunroof. Had one on my ‘18, the ‘23 will have one too. Ford makes a awesome truck. Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Built Ford Proud!
Please post pictures when you get it! I'd love to see!

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Honestly couldn't tell you. I don't recall doing anything. Just punched in the directions on my phone. But, it could be I changed a setting long ago and just forgot I did though.

Are you referring to Apple Maps showing directions on the cluster or Google Maps?
I use wireless Apple CarPlay and I have Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, and On the Way to choose from. I usually use Apple Maps because we enjoy the interesting route choices when we’re not in a hurry, but I haven’t found the view option for between the RPM and Speedometer gauges. I have a ‘22 302a.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I use wireless Apple CarPlay and I have Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, and On the Way to choose from. I usually use Apple Maps because we enjoy the interesting route choices when we’re not in a hurry, but I haven’t found the view option for between the RPM and Speedometer gauges. I have a ‘22 302a.
Huh. I mostly use AppleMaps and turn by turn always show up on my gauge display automatically as soon as I hit 'GO' on my destination. Maybe a dumb question but your phone is connected via Carplay and you've selected a destination and hit 'GO' to begin getting directions, correct? It looks like it should just give you turn by turn navigation in the cluster by default?

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/apple-maps-turn-indicator-in-instrument-cluster.6430/

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Huh. I mostly use AppleMaps and turn by turn always show up on my gauge display automatically as soon as I hit 'GO' on my destination. Maybe a dumb question but your phone is connected via Carplay and you've selected a destination and hit 'GO' to begin getting directions, correct? It looks like it should just give you turn by turn navigation in the cluster by default?

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/apple-maps-turn-indicator-in-instrument-cluster.6430/
That post was describing the Lariat and above all digital dash. I have the quasi digital dash with old school tach and speedo gauges. Old school lol. They glow and look wonderful but they are fixed and physical.
Sponsored